ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Slavic Warrior Review

Go down 
+2
BAMComix
RealSarahdactyl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Slavic Warrior Review  Empty
PostSubject: Slavic Warrior Review    Slavic Warrior Review  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 7:10 am

So when this guy was announced back in the spring, several other one sixth collectors told me about it, including our very own londonroadhog.

I wanted to do a short review, even though I'm sure he wouldn't be super popular in terms of what is typically the trend at MWD.

All in all, it's a cool looking figure, but far from perfect.

Slavic Warrior Review  20220124

The figure poses okay, he looks better in casual civilian posses rather than action poses.

For several reasons, the trigger hands are super loose, the body leaves alot to be desired and honestly the old head style, with a moulded neck is reminiscent of early 2000's Dragon figures.

Slavic Warrior Review  20220123

Slavic Warrior Review  20220125

The gear is pretty cool, nice detail, but fragile. This has reminded me of why I actually don't like buying expensive military figures with tons of fragile gear. The main rifle feels very breakable, the bump pad on the stock fell off several times. Basically this whole set would benefit from model glue.

Slavic Warrior Review  20220126

Slavic Warrior Review  20220127

It seems Very Cool is doing these collectors cards now. I don't recall my Miss Spetsnaz doll coming with one.

Slavic Warrior Review  20220128

He cannot squat unassisted. Not very Slavic.. 😒 I suspect he's western spy.

Slavic Warrior Review  20220130

Slavic Warrior Review  20220129

At least he can sit like the box shows if using a chair.

Slavic Warrior Review  20220131

Slavic Warrior Review  Img_2064

Last but not least, he looks like Thor.

Slavic Warrior Review  20220132

It's not a bad figure, but he could be better, especially for the price point.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slavic Warrior Review    Slavic Warrior Review  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 7:15 am

Dave has also elsewhere mentioned the "fragility" of some new releases.
Are they strictly for static display now?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Slavic Warrior Review    Slavic Warrior Review  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 7:35 am

Nice figure Sarah, I really like his sculpt! the custom adidas helmet is a nice touch too Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Slavic Warrior Review    Slavic Warrior Review  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 8:06 am

LeStryge wrote:
Dave has also elsewhere mentioned the "fragility" of some new releases.
Are they strictly for static display now?

I mean, the guns and gear feel fragile, but maybe that was the wrong wording. It's more like, the rifle could do with a few dibs and dabs of model glue. The clothing seems robust.
My biggest gripes, the old school style headaculpt, the big loose hands, and a body that is similar in proportion to the old BBi bodies.

Blondeactionman wrote:
Nice figure Sarah, I really like his sculpt! the custom adidas helmet is a nice touch too Very Happy .

Thanks Dal! The clothing and accessories are definitely the best parts of the figure.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Slavic Warrior Review    Slavic Warrior Review  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 8:44 am

Thanks Sarah for showing us your review on Slavic Warrior. The The clothing and accessories have that up to date burglar look about them if that makes sense Laughing. I’m liking how you have shown off the Slavic Warrior set in your photos with different poses.

Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Slavic Warrior Review    Slavic Warrior Review  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 1:33 pm

Never seen this guy before, I think he does look European/Slavi and he looks VERY COOL Wink

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Slavic Warrior Review    Slavic Warrior Review  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 8:36 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

It can't squat!! Shocked Send it back for a full refund as it obviously breeches numerous trade description laws! lol! lol!

Although as Dal says the custom helmet is pretty cool....Tri poloski Adidas!! cheers

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Slavic Warrior Review    Slavic Warrior Review  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 5:18 am

Prof. Gangrene Fan wrote:
Thanks Sarah for showing us your review on Slavic Warrior. The The clothing and accessories have that up to date burglar look about them if that makes sense Laughing. I’m liking how you have shown off the Slavic Warrior set in your photos with different poses.

Thanks Alex!

BrandontheFigureFreak wrote:
Never seen this guy before, I think he does look European/Slavi and he looks VERY COOL Wink

Thanks Brandon!

somekindajoe wrote:
RealSarahdactyl wrote:

It can't squat!! Shocked  Send it back for a full refund as it obviously breeches numerous trade description laws! lol! lol!

Although as Dal says the custom helmet is pretty cool....Tri poloski Adidas!! cheers

Right?!

https://youtu.be/Y8qtmD_QTYw
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Slavic Warrior Review    Slavic Warrior Review  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 4:31 pm

Nice figure and great shots of him! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Slavic Warrior Review    Slavic Warrior Review  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slavic Warrior Review
Page 1 of 1