ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In to the city

Go down 
+5
Kimono Troop Command
FIELD STATION 42
Gunner Munro
BAMComix
Rustygun
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 2:01 pm

Haven’t  posted anything for a while , just got back into messing about again
I made up this street scene about a year and a half ago…but have only just had the time to put it together,
I have a couple of more scenarios to photograph before the inevitable bonfire …
In to the city…

In to the city  EC76AAEC-9EFF-4FDE-B5C0-7ADA9566C7C4

In to the city  F80C7C86-E892-4365-ADC6-48FE69F3A478

In to the city  CBD40151-0961-41A2-B0CB-1F89E2BDF3A5

In to the city  A74DC0D6-2EE3-4097-8C94-2BD552E3EF08

In to the city  7F74B768-15B6-475E-9EE9-A3166867EB6B

In to the city  4FD65017-77D8-45D0-A5B1-D599DAFF6BF2

In to the city  0-CBD27-C6-EC30-4-A70-9116-55205700-BE66

In to the city  88-CA72-EE-6-DCF-4879-902-F-2484-F180944-F

In to the city  6-AF5-F517-6-E5-E-425-E-9-DF0-7090-DB774-F5-C

In to the city  AF26-B54-C-B770-4363-BAF6-FE15-C3-CFB9-EB

In to the city  EB336516-4DD1-40AE-BFC2-A27FCBF2849E

In to the city  70DABE01-A12B-4552-AF9E-9DBD3329F256

In to the city  1CF689DF-3B6F-43A4-843A-76CDFD59D20F

In to the city  19-C55-DB5-3-ACF-402-F-860-F-21-DADBC92085

In to the city  608-B5-BF1-A6-F3-4433-B09-C-BB942-C9-D4-AB4

In to the city  698FAB2B-213C-4864-B62E-7B2CF4D74C49

In to the city  7FE50850-6E9A-4EAB-B43F-CAF3C0CBD778

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 2:05 pm

Fantastic stuff! that set is stunning! the b/w's work perfectly bounce bounce  Good to have you back cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 2:06 pm

Top work young man !

Really atmospheric shots. I especially like the B&W ones. There is deffo a story encapsulated in each frame.

Like you I haven't been posting recently.. but have picked up the bug again Rolling Eyes Shocked lol!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 2:09 pm

Impressive in size and realism. The scenes with the fully outfitted soldiers are dynamic, and the detailed setting looks great under a variety of lighting conditions.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 5:16 pm

Ah yes! British paras liberate a French town in Normandy in the early hours of June 6, 1944. The German sentries never even knew what hit them....
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 3:23 am

Great street scene, and great photos!

But, the inevitable bon fire? Does that mean take a few photos and burn it?
It looks like you've put a lot of effort and work into the scene.

Back to top Go down

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 3:31 am

Wonderfully atmospheric photos Dean! Superb lighting effects that heighten the drama too.
Little details too like the bent downpipe and those bullet holes add realism

Yes, it is sad about the "bonfire" but I too have to resort to such now that storage is at a premium.
If not total destruction, then demolition in the hopes that parts can be used again somehow.

Something I have long wanted to ask members who have a whole army of similarly kitted out figures.
Do you buy them fully clothed as such, or make job lot purchases of uniforms for naked figures or just wait and collect if and when they come up. Some blokes here seem to have dozens of the same uniform and associated armament.
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 7:12 am

Thanks for the comments guys ..
To answer. Your question (tnshooter) I have built about 8 or 9 buildings , a couple of vehicles and many parts for sets , my pleasure is in building and photographing them, and when I’m finished I burn them , as I haven’t any where to store it all ,

Mountaineer
Rustygun

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 7:16 am

LeStryge wrote:
Wonderfully atmospheric photos Dean! Superb lighting effects that heighten the drama too.
Little details too like the bent downpipe and those bullet holes add realism

Yes, it is sad about the "bonfire" but I too have to resort to such now that storage is at a premium.
If not total destruction, then demolition in the hopes that parts can be used again somehow.

Something I have long wanted to ask members who have a whole army of similarly kitted out figures.
Do you buy them fully clothed as such, or make job lot purchases of uniforms for naked figures or just wait and collect if and when they come up. Some blokes here seem to have dozens of the same uniform and associated armament.

Thanks Barry , comment’s appreciated..
The uniforms I got off eBay, I bought some on dragon figures , some as part uniforms on there own, I had quite a lot of those type figures , but give some away and sold the rest , probably spent to much money on them , but that’s what are hobby is all about… lol!

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 11:00 am

Rustygun wrote:
To answer.  Your question  (tnshooter)  I have built about 8 or 9 buildings , a couple of vehicles and many parts for sets , my pleasure is in building and photographing  them, and when I’m finished I burn them  , as I  haven’t any where to store it all ,  

I can completely understand the lack of storage. I don't even have room to work on something like that,
let alone space to store it.

A guy at FHQ is currently working to make a building front, to have a background to use for photos.
Much like Sarah and her brick wall background. He however is making his from a childhood memory.
So I don't think he will put it on a bon fire anytime soon. He has space to work on something like that,
I unfortunately don't. I just wish I had space to put something like that together.

Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 12:17 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Rustygun wrote:
To answer.  Your question  (tnshooter)  I have built about 8 or 9 buildings , a couple of vehicles and many parts for sets , my pleasure is in building and photographing  them, and when I’m finished I burn them  , as I  haven’t any where to store it all ,  

I can completely understand the lack of storage. I don't even have room to work on something like that,
let alone space to store it.

A guy at FHQ is currently working to make a building front, to have a background to use for photos.
Much like Sarah and her brick wall background. He however is making his from a childhood memory.
So I don't think he will put it on a bon fire anytime soon. He has space to work on something like that,
I unfortunately don't. I just wish I had space to put something like that together.

I built this set in my garage , I built some timber racking many years ago with shelving , and decided I could build a semi permanent set on top of this,.. ( as I said I have a couple of scenarios to photo ) before the fire.. lol!
It is approx 2.2m length by 1m width, but it is about 1.9m to the base of the build from the ground, going up to the rafters in the garage,  so I have to stand on steps to set up …it’s a bit of a pain , but it’s out the way and I can leave it there without having to take it down every time I use it..

You can see the pitch of the roof in this photo..

In to the city  E8F9613E-C42C-4692-96B7-B2488396AD66

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 3:56 pm

Excellent work , looks superb .

Rustygun likes this post

Back to top Go down

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 9:36 pm

I kind of enjoy how your set only goes up to just above what will be the camera range. Just like in the movies!
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 5:51 pm

LeStryge wrote:
I kind of enjoy how your set only goes up to just above what will be the camera range. Just like in the movies!

You discovered my cheat….. lol!

inntruderr61

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2022 4:28 pm

Superb setup RG! cheers

Rustygun likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 6:17 pm

Cracking set up Dean,

fab run down of dimensions etc of your set and what an ingenious storage solution Cool I might pinch that idea when I do my annual spring clean of the garage.. all the storage is overrun with AM & HM Armed forces vehicles Rolling Eyes

Rustygun likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 12:00 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
Cracking set up Dean,

fab run down of dimensions etc of your set and what an ingenious storage solution Cool I might pinch that idea when I do my annual spring clean of the garage.. all the storage is overrun with AM & HM Armed forces vehicles Rolling Eyes

Thanks gunner…

Dreadnought

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 12:16 pm

Hugely atmospheric shots with a marvellous set diorama. I really enjoy seeing the work and skill that goes into these.
You should really think about staring a how-to thread for these. Very Happy

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In to the city  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to the city    In to the city  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In to the city
Page 1 of 1