ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts ! Empty
PostSubject: Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts !   Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 8:57 am

I'm looking to 'respray' the visible hands and forearms on a cheapo-on-ebay type 1/6 body, the type that's primarily made of fairly rigid plastic.. the body colour is not even close a match to the face I used hence need to adjust !
I'm wondering if any of you guys can recommend a type of paint that'd stick, and Not come off easily in wear (play! )
ideally a small rattle can type thing would be best, I'm aware that Humbrol do a model type spray but not sure if that's resilient enough?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts !   Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 1:47 pm

Whenever I spray anything plastic I use games workshop aerosol plastic primer. it isn't cheap, but it gives the best results. Hope it helps?
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts !   Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 3:49 pm

Yes, wash the parts in warm soapy water and rinse and dry them well before painting. Then start with a primer-for-plastics, and let that cure properly before proceeding with your final color. That is how I would attempt it, anyway.

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts !   Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 4:00 pm

Cheers guys, I hadn't thought of essentially washing or de greasing the parts before paint, good call !
I'll probably try some of the old Humbrol enamel in the little round pots type paint and see how that goes...
with acrylic I've heard people find it comes off too easily, certainly in the plastic kit making fraternity, which seems similar type plastic
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts !   Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 5:30 pm

Think you need to be careful with enamels , there is a chance I believe they can melt some plastics , if you use the Citadel Acrylics the stick pretty good better than the Valejo in my oppinion , you could also then Varnish over the top .

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts !   Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 6:14 pm

Chip wrote:
Think you need to be careful with enamels , there is a chance I believe they can melt some plastics , if you use the Citadel Acrylics the stick pretty good better than the Valejo in my oppinion , you could also then Varnish over the top .

Good point, I've got a few spare bits and bobs of the same plastic that came with the body, I'll do some tests on those first Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts !   Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paint that'd stick to cheapo fig body parts !
Page 1 of 1