ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee

Go down 
+4
Scottish.Actionman.
Glidah Drivah
FIELD STATION 42
BAMComix
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Empty
PostSubject: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2024 4:50 pm

A good friend of mine and fellow Marx figure collector once shared with me a photo of him performing a ritual ceremonial dance in his native regalia, just recently I again saw this photo as one of his friends had created the image out of beads hand-sewn using traditional skills, this got me thinking, I wondered if I could recreate this image using one of the Louis Marx 12 inch Chief Cherokee figures, I discussed this with Chris Bussey and he allowed me to attempt this, Sadly the Marx Chief doesn't have the same flexibility to achieve a totally accurate stance in this intricate and deeply meaningful dance, the story behind the dance is of a hunt, and the dancer is sneaking up on his pray, his feet move with the drum beat and stops when the drum stops, as he would when stalking his prey. his feet only move when they move, so the prey can't hear him, as he dances he also prays to the creator for all his relatives and those he doesn't know so they have things they need, The drum beat is the heartbeat of our mother earth. the dancer is at one with her, and part of all creation. , This is my attempt with a little artistic licence and toy art to try and create this spectacular image thank you Chris Bussey for allowing me to do this

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee 412352226-1623825408448506-3984918256416279266-n

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee 411980010-1299163197429883-7883363000549885420-n

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Into-the-Woods-Copy-3

Cheers Ian

BAMComix, TNshooter, TheNewGIjOEwithKungFuGrip and Scottish.Actionman. like this post

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2024 10:25 pm

You did a great job Ian! cheers cheers cheers
Enjoying all the photos! cheers

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2024 10:57 pm

That is impressively well done, particularly considering the movement limitations of the figure.

The costume you have created closely emulates the original.

Ambitious project very nicely realized! Nice work!

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 7:05 am

Very cool!

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 8:58 am

That is a great recreation Ian! cheers You have closely matched his regalia.

Did Chief Cherokee have a white body? I ask because here he had a light brown body.
It was Geronimo that had a white body.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 2:59 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
You did a great job Ian! cheers cheers cheers
Enjoying all the photos! cheers

Thank you Jim this was a good project I really enjoyed doing it Very Happy Cheers Ian

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 3:06 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
That is impressively well done, particularly considering the movement limitations of the figure.

The costume you have created closely emulates the original.

Ambitious project very nicely realized! Nice work!

Thank you Dave and yes the chief was difficult to get into the stance, I had to push a small wooden spoon down the neck to push the head forward, also elastic bands to the feet and hip dislocations to get the dance steps (Poor old Chief would have been crippled nevermind dancing No ) lol!

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 3:07 pm

BAMComix wrote:
Very cool!

Cheers Dal it took a lot of shots to get the one photo Laughing

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 3:22 pm

TNshooter wrote:
That is a great recreation Ian! cheers You have closely matched his regalia.

Did Chief Cherokee have a white body? I ask because here he had a light brown body.
It was Geronimo that had a white body.

Thank you Daryl Yes I adapted a dark jacket and placed ribbons as in the original photo, the feathers I made from paper and the eagle claw dance stick was made from 3 plastic toothpicks:lol: The body colour is more of a stone colour not white but like a very light Cream/white if you know what I mean Laughing I do also have the darker Caramel brown/orange Chiefs too here's an unedited picture of the Chief Cheers Ian

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee 411230313-24849677227979700-5879432604001257357-n

Scottish.Actionman. likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 5:41 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
The body colour is more of a stone colour not white but like a very light Cream/white if you know what I mean Laughing I do also have the darker Caramel brown/orange Chiefs too

I only asked because I have seen different colors from different countries. In the past I saw some on the bay from Mexico
where Johnny West had a light green body and Jane West had a salmon colored body. I didn't know if the UK bodies had
different colors from what we had here. Smile

Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 8:11 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
The body colour is more of a stone colour not white but like a very light Cream/white if you know what I mean Laughing I do also have the darker Caramel brown/orange Chiefs too

I only asked because I have seen different colors from different countries. In the past I saw some on the bay from Mexico
where Johnny West had a light green body and Jane West had a salmon colored body. I didn't know if the UK bodies had
different colors from what we had here. Smile

Hi Daryl yes I have a number of the Mexican coulour figures but the only UK Chief variations I'm aware of are the two colours I mentioned

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Thumbnail-DSC-0018-2-2

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee IMGP9561

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee S-l1600

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee IMGP8122

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee IMGP3701

TNshooter and Scottish.Actionman. like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 8:53 pm

Chief Cherokee in the second pic looks like what my brother had here in the States. Amazing accessories with that figure.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 9:09 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
Chief Cherokee in the second pic looks like what my brother had here in the States. Amazing accessories with that figure.

Yes thats the standard colour for the Chief Cheroke

Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 8:52 pm

Hi there Ian my friend  cheers ,
That's some pretty cool looking Native American figures you have  cheers cheers cheers
I especially liked your recreation of the Dancing figure. I thought you did a Fantastic representation of the Native American Indian in the photo.
And Very well done  cheers cheers cheers .
I Also liked the photo with the Cherokee chief with the River / lake behind him  cheers cheers cheers .
I'll speak to you soon my Ian friend  cheers .
Very kind regards ,
Allan

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 12:02 am

You have some nice Marx figures Ian. cheers cheers cheers

The figures here had the accessories all in the same color. You have some nice kit in different colors.
Especially the white bodied Chief Cherokee. cheers

The only figure I had growing up was Johnny West.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:48 pm

Scottish.Actionman. wrote:
Hi there Ian my friend  cheers ,
That's some pretty cool looking Native American figures you have  cheers cheers cheers
I especially liked your recreation of the Dancing figure. I thought you did a Fantastic representation of the Native American Indian in the photo.
And Very well done  cheers cheers cheers .
I Also liked the photo with the Cherokee chief with the River / lake behind him  cheers cheers cheers .
I'll speak to you soon my Ian friend  cheers .
Very kind regards ,
Allan

Hello Allan thank you These Indigenous Native American figures are a few from my Marx collection I've been collecting these for a while now and amassed quite a few different original pieces as well as some I've kitbashed, my friend Chris who is dancing in the original picture is also a collector of Marx figures, so was the reason I used the Chief Cheroke in my piece, by the way the Chief you mentioned near the river is next to the local river Swale, I've spent many pleasant hours fishing on this river plenty of great memories, thanks again for the kind comments Catch up later all the best Ian

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:49 pm

He looks great! Excellent modifications to the clothing to replicate the look of the picture!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 8:22 pm

TNshooter wrote:
You have some nice Marx figures Ian. cheers cheers cheers

The figures here had the accessories all in the same color. You have some nice kit in different colors.
Especially the white bodied Chief Cherokee. cheers

The only figure I had growing up was Johnny West.

Thank you Daryl I've collected a few best of the West figures over the years here's a few of these that I took a couple of years back

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee IMGP7361

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee IMGP7369

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2024 2:43 am

Hi Ian my friend  cheers ,
That's a Very Nice collection of Marx figures you have there  cheers cheers cheers
And like Daryl my friend  cheers  I to like the white bodied Cherokee chief  cheers he looks Super Cool  cheers cheers cheers
I'll speak to you soon my friend.
Very kind regards ,
Allan

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2024 3:13 pm

WOW Hawkeye those are superb Marx figures! cheers
Enjoying all your photos! cheers

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2024 12:13 pm

That's a Very Nice collection of Marx figures you have there  cheers cheers cheers
And like Daryl my friend  cheers  I to like the white bodied Cherokee chief  cheers he looks Super Cool  cheers cheers cheers
I'll speak to you soon my friend.
Very kind regards ,
Allan

Hi Allan thank you my friend I also have the lighter-coloured Geronimo in these photos as well as the lime green Mexican version here's the light coloured Geronimo Very Happy Cheers Ian

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee IMGP8099

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2024 12:24 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
WOW Hawkeye those are superb Marx figures! cheers
Enjoying all your photos! cheers

Thanks, Jim glad that you like them I've probably doubled these since these photos here's a couple of outdoor shots of the Chief in Kitbash and two Geronimo I have also bashed hope you like them

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee IMGP3634

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Geronimo-1

Cheers Ian

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 11:33 pm

Hi there Ian my friend   cheers  Waaaaaaw I really liked these last 3 photo posts . 
They are really cool looking figures And Many thanks for showing us All  cheers cheers cheers
Very kind regards ,
Allan

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2024 6:26 pm

Hi there Ian my friend   cheers  Waaaaaaw I really liked these last 3 photo posts . 
They are really cool looking figures And Many thanks for showing us All  cheers cheers cheers
Very kind regards ,
Allan

Hi Allan your very kind thank you I've enjoyed collecting Marx figures for some years now and still keep finding new pieces Very Happy Take care my friend Kindest Regards Ian

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 7:46 pm

It's Always a Joy to come across new bits and pieces that you haven't seen before. And an Even better feeling when they arrive through the post  bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers .

Very kind regards ,
Allan

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee   Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Photo Re created with Marx Chief Cherokee
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next