ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grease Gun quick and easy resto!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Grease Gun quick and easy resto! Empty
PostSubject: Grease Gun quick and easy resto!   Grease Gun quick and easy resto! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 4:09 am

I thought I'd get to repairing some of my many broken guns. Being an anal, glass is half empty type personality, I always proceed with trepidation on these projects. I say to myself, "it'll never come out right", "I'm wasting my time"! Well this time I'm even satisfied with the results. I had a regular old beat up grease gun missing one strap loop (usually instant junk to me), a couple of melts, crappy paint and no strap!

Repaired the loop with a mini eye hook, cleaned up the melts as best as possible, repaint with Rust-oleum gold metallic leafing pen, cut and stitched a new strap in place. I used vintage rings scavened off another gun!

Just goes to show that it ain't always junk, no matter what it is, there is usually something salvageable in that junk pile!

Grease Gun quick and easy resto! 100_2768Medium

Grease Gun quick and easy resto! 100_2769Medium

Grease Gun quick and easy resto! 100_2770Medium

I've put together gun repair kits for sale, 2 eye hooks, 2 steel links, and an 8" length of strap for $4 usd! I've saved you the effort of chasing down all the parts yourself for a reasonable price.

You need to stitch the straps yourself, no big deal, grab some strong black thread, a needle, and none of your rifles will be w/o a strap again.

Thanks for looking, Hope I've been some help!

Rick
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Grease Gun quick and easy resto!   Grease Gun quick and easy resto! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:11 am

awesome repair Rick !! I am off to take a look at my broken guns now !! lol!
Back to top Go down
SJ7
Painted Head
SJ7

PostSubject: Re: Grease Gun quick and easy resto!   Grease Gun quick and easy resto! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 12:09 pm

Great repair work,Rick.

Grease Gun quick and easy resto! Frogman_avatar_1_zps527334a6
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Grease Gun quick and easy resto!   Grease Gun quick and easy resto! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Great work Rick .

Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Grease Gun quick and easy resto!   Grease Gun quick and easy resto! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Nice work, I like to see things repaired.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grease Gun quick and easy resto!   Grease Gun quick and easy resto! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Pics on Mike Power!

Grease Gun quick and easy resto! 100_2773Medium

Grease Gun quick and easy resto! 100_2774Medium

Rick

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grease Gun quick and easy resto!   Grease Gun quick and easy resto! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grease Gun quick and easy resto!
Page 1 of 1