ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mike Power comes in from the cold.

Go down 
+15
blueboxier
Professor Gangrene Fan
gibri
JohnnyE4
inntruderr61
Beatlefan
Wolf_Soldier64
Jet-
clivvers
TheOneManKid
Glidah Drivah
action bob
Reddragon
BAMComix
somekindajoe
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 9:44 am

I loved reading that comic somekindajoe Smile, really looking forward to reading the next part.

Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 11:08 am

somekindajoe wrote:
After some extensive lobbying from BAM HQ (well a lot of complaining and moaning actually!) Cliff has finally given the go ahead to rebuild the childhood Mike Power! As it's such a sensitive operation he's put an outsider in charge of it.
my 1st mike powers was just a head so i stuck it on a mam body with a pursuit craft pilots overalls on , i have since had an upgrade as you do

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 12:40 pm

Brilliant stuff , I am finding your post most interesting and amusing at the same time . study Very Happy

Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Your Atomic Man even has the eyes of an alcoholic... how do you stage these things so successfully? Or, maybe it isn't staged at all?! Shocked

Kuba is going to get all the best jobs to work on at SKJ HQ I see!

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 7:12 pm

I don't know wether to laugh or report you to the RSPCAM (Royal Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Atomic Man)

Once he's fixed up he'll be the pride of your collection.

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Volgan10
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 11:23 pm

Steve, I'm sure you must be excited and pleased to know that the annual figure from the GIJCC (collectors club) this year is a remake of Atomic Man. It will also be the last of the annual "free" figures as they are closing up shop.

But take heart, this new figure has two atomic legs so he no longer is stuck running in circles... Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Down side is he may be able to outrun the snatch squad...

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 8:02 am

gibri wrote:
Steve, I'm sure you must be excited and pleased to know that the annual figure from the GIJCC (collectors club) this year is a remake of Atomic Man. It will also be the last of the annual "free" figures as they are closing up shop.

But take heart, this new figure has two atomic legs so he no longer is stuck running in circles... Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! @ Brian!
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 9:44 am

Great comic so far! Can they rebuild him - do they have the technology? Can't wait to see the next episode!

Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 6:26 pm

You have the technology you can rebuild him he'll be the six and a half quid man Smile

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 8:07 am

gibri wrote:

..But take heart, this new figure has two atomic legs so he no longer is stuck running in circles... Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

lol! lol! lol!

Not if they drive! lol!

Beatlefan wrote:

Once he's fixed up he'll be the pride of your collection.

Can't see it myself! Rolling Eyes

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 10:33 pm

An update of sorts...

While it's true that progress has been slow on poor old Mike's rebuild he hasn't been totally forgotten here at SKJ HQ.

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Dad9

As Mike was there on the original '76 mission Joe thought it would be a nice gesture to take him along this time too. So while Hank and Bruce took a MP40, M16 and grease gun as authentic props for recreating the old pics, Joe stashed Mike's head in his Turbo-Copter stowage compartment. I mean, there was Mike's head sitting unattended on a table in the lab, obviously destined for the bin, in need of rescue...

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Page_1_zpsmhxsiu0m

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Page_2_zpsnhphyld5

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 11:18 pm

SKJ... that last post was hilarious. Do continue  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 12:35 am

Fancy a kick about??? Suspect
Poor old Mike! lol!
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 12:47 am

Glad you found a way for him to be useful to the team. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 1:21 am

lol! lol! lol!

The title suggested to me that old Mike might be referred to as
old numbnuts... Laughing Coming in from the cold and all... Very Happy

Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 7:07 am

They should have stuck his head on a stick and left it out there in the wilds as a warning to other impostors... BE AFRAID affraid !!!

Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 6:07 pm

Great pictures! Mike Power definitely has a love him or hate him reputation. I've got a soft spot for him. Heck, he's even got access to the car keys!

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 IMG_1468_zpsvbxlspev

The Hasbro vs. Action man versions are interesting in their variation. Might have to be on the look out for a flocked Mike!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Sounds good Nate! mice shot of Major Mike in his Jeep cheers
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 10:18 pm

Here are some shots of my Atomic dudes. I've added a custom 3rd version which I call the Canadian version as a friend of mine from Canada did the flocking. The UK version was sent to me by an old friend from Blackpool.

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Team%2520Atomic-001

here is a shot with the "Mountain Outpost" in the background:
come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Outpost-001

cheers cheers cheers

Here's more of the story:
come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Mountain%2520Outpost-001

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Mountain%2520Outpost-002

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Mountain%2520Outpost-003

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Mountain%2520Outpost-004

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Mountain%2520Outpost-005

and a little more:
come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Atomic%2520Outpost-001

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Atomic%2520Outpost-002

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Atomic%2520Outpost-003

and a prequel:
come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Figure%2520pics%2C%2520AT%2C%2520Mike%2520Power%2520004%2520%282%29

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Dscf0931%2520%282%29

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Dscf0929%2520%282%29

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Dscf0936%2520%282%29

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Dscf0942%2520%282%29

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Dscf0938%2520%282%29

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Dscf0940%2520%282%29

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Dscf0941%2520%282%29

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Dscf0946%2520%282%29

cheers drunken cheers
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 10:40 pm

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Mike Power definitely has a love him or hate him reputation.

Rolling Eyes I wonder which camp the guys at SKJ HQ are in! lol!

A great trio of Atomics Brian. I know it was first and foremost a cost cutting exercise but I have to say I think I prefer the US 'PH' version best. It avoids that unfortunate 'Disco' look that flocking causes!

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 8:38 am

Terrific stuff Brian! and very funny bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 10:24 am

[quote="Glidah Drivah"
The Hasbro vs. Action man versions are interesting in their variation. Might have to be on the look out for a flocked Mike!

-Nate[/quote]... what are the differences nate

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 7:15 pm

blueboxier wrote:
[quote="Glidah Drivah"

-Nate
... what are the differences nate[/quote]

The Action Man version has flocked hair and a button on his chest.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 9:28 pm

affraid How did I miss your comic last night Brian??

Full of jokes and one-liners, and mostly at the expense of the Atomic trio!

10/10! lol!

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 11:33 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
affraid  How did I miss your comic last night Brian??

Full of jokes and one-liners, and mostly at the expense of the Atomic trio!

10/10! lol!

Thanks Steve, after I made the initial post I came back and edited it to add some more of those old stories. You must have read it before the other stuff was added. I think I got them out of order but thanks for acknowledging my meager attempts at humor. Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mike Power comes in from the cold.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next