ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arm removal tip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paintedhead5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Paintedhead5121

Arm removal tip Empty
PostSubject: Arm removal tip   Arm removal tip Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 12:04 pm

Whilst fixing up a pile of broken blue pant eagle eyed figures I noticed that if you wound too much dental floss around the arm / shoulder joint that it seemed to open up the seam on the body directly below the shoulder.

It happened to a couple of figures which I was tightening the arms on, so when I came to another one which needed an arm transplant I wound lots of floss around the arm to see what would happen.

Again the seam was put under pressure and opened up slightly. This was just enough to slip in the blade of a craft knife and prise apart the body. This was a lot less messy than an arm transplant I carried out earlier where I had to cut the body seam open and then use a glue gun to fill the gap I had created, all it required was a run of super glue to fasten the body back together.

It may have been a fluke event, but it made replacing the arm easier with minimal damage to the torso, so worth a try if you are replacing a damaged arm at the shoulder.

Paul
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Arm removal tip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arm removal tip   Arm removal tip Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 1:30 pm

great tip, thanks for sharing mate  cheers 
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Arm removal tip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arm removal tip   Arm removal tip Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 3:47 pm

Great tip!  cheers 

Sponsored content

Arm removal tip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arm removal tip   Arm removal tip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arm removal tip
Page 1 of 1