ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Max Steel Collection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

My Max Steel Collection  Empty
PostSubject: My Max Steel Collection    My Max Steel Collection  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Hey guys on Monday I was taking a look round our local market in town and I spotted 3 Max Steel figures, I was just going to get one of them but, then I found out they were only £1 and what can I say the Max Steel figure brought back some good memories.

My Max Steel Collection  P1090172_zpsfa5f69ef  

The Max Steel figure is actually the 3rd one I've had with that body and I remember from looking him up in the past that he's a skateboarder. He was the first Max Steel figure I ever bought I remember it was a rainy day and we were on holiday in Norfolk, I saw him in a charity shop in a village called Diss which was the nearest village to where we were staying and my Mum and sister were off doing something else while me and my Dad were waiting for them, anyway I instantly wanted him and I managed to convince my Dad to let me go back for him so I hid him in the door of the car.

He came with the same shorts, trainers and a yellow biker helmet and I thought he was totally awesome but, he had a bit of a problem with his and one day when trying to fix this I manged to break something in his neck, shortly after that when I was doing my initial 2 weeks work experience in the crazy world that is the Sheffield Botanical Gardens I spotted another Max with the same body at a charity shop nearby who came with the helmet from that set so I bought him and being very quiet and shy in those days I hid him in a bag.

Eventually I made the decision to give him away to a charity shop so I had one last good play and took some photos of him which I've still got and will upload to a seperate topic. Generally speaking I'm not a fan of moulded on clothing as you probably know but, I guess I just really like these figures and well he looked so nice and new although admittedly he's a bit loose he's scrubbed up well and I really do like those trainers and particularly the shorts.

Anyway moving on the initial figure which tempted me was Max's main nemesis Psycho

My Max Steel Collection  P1090178_zps579303f6

In some ways he's a pretty cool figure I like the chest muscles and the metallic face as one of the guys said it's got a rather Terminator feel to it Pyscho by name and he certainly looks it, the hair's also quite good a pity he doesn't have his face mask I think if he did then he'd look quite good with a nice jacket like No Face's so he can disguise himself. On the other side of that the articulation's on a par with a lot of Action Man villains as you can see the arm has no articulation and the legs are rubber (warning do not try to remove the trousers if you want to get them back on they're quite tight and a bugger to get back on).

My Max Steel Collection  P1090180_zpsed5dd5bb

Also the arm there's actually quite a lot of detail on some parts of it but, I'm not sure on it being honest I've seen better metal arms and the way it unfolds is just a bit weird it also makes it a bit hard to get the arm to click fully into place. I think it's a pity the Pyscho figure Clivvers reviewed with the black chest has that weird pop apart face, I'm sorry but, to me that just looks horrible but, on the other side of that the arm is great very nice looking with the dark detail and both arms are fairly well articulated oh yeah and that reminds me if they are going to make them have an arm with no articulation why have the hand facing that way I mean who exactly holds a weapon in that direction particularly if it's a gun? just doesn't make sense to me.    All in all I'd say he's a nice figure but, I think the Dr X's are probably better
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection    My Max Steel Collection  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 12:27 pm

Nice figures, DD!

I've got that Max wearing the same red vest and a blue one I think?, it can be covered by a uniform. I think the vest looks good, especially if Max has to get down to some heavy work like digging in the garden! The hardest part in collecting Max Steel, is finding them complete with uniforms. I managed to find a complete one a few weeks back (Polar Mission?), I was over the moon, it was my first full Max Steel find. All my other Max'es came partially dressed. Don't forget, there's 3 versions of articulation for these figures, the later ones are very well articulated, but are much lighter in weight than the first Max version.
I think Max Steel would look good in a parachute outfit, the only problem is finding a helmet big enough for his hairsyle  lol!

I'll be sending a Max up in a hot air balloon next year, hopefully he will reach the atmosphere with a remote controlled camera onboard. I was thinking of letting a Max go high up with a message in a bottle (strapped to his back!!!) Then see where he ends up in the world Wink

DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection    My Max Steel Collection  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 10:24 pm

clivvers wrote:
Nice figures, DD!

I've got that Max wearing the same red vest and a blue one I think?, it can be covered by a uniform. I think the vest looks good, especially if Max has to get down to some heavy work like digging in the garden! The hardest part in collecting Max Steel, is finding them complete with uniforms. I managed to find a complete one a few weeks back (Polar Mission?), I was over the moon, it was my first full Max Steel find. All my other Max'es came partially dressed. Don't forget, there's 3 versions of articulation for these figures, the later ones are very well articulated, but are much lighter in weight than the first Max version.
I think Max Steel would look good in a parachute outfit, the only problem is finding a helmet big enough for his hairsyle  lol!

I'll be sending a Max up in a hot air balloon next year, hopefully he will reach the atmosphere with a remote controlled camera onboard. I was thinking of letting a Max go high up with a message in a bottle (strapped to his back!!!) Then see where he ends up in the world Wink

It's true it is hard to find Max Steel figures with complete uniforms and accessories probably because they get merged in with all the MAM stuff by kids who don't care and parents who don't know the difference, congrats onf idning a complete one you'[ll have to post some photos of your collection in here seeing as you seme to have acquired a good few a nice sub division of you team Wink. The good thing about Max Steel figures is they look good in a lot of different outfits including MAM and MS and the accessories are also very interchangeable, in fact I swear some of the boots and one of the helmets I was looking at the other week are used in MS and MAM sets and are the same apart from being different colours.

I've got one of the extra articulated MS figures they're great but, the ordinary one are pretty well articulated and naturall looking where they've done the joints it's similalr in a way to the BP EE figures what I like about the figures is that a good 95+% of figures have consistently good articulation of or above a set level compared with the MAM's which are all over the place even the Going Turbo figure I've got who has limited articulaiton in his left arm because it lights up but, even that doesn't affect how much you can pose him very much certainly much more discreet than a lot of MAM figures. It doesn't surprise me the later ones are lighterweight it looks as though they were just manafacturing chepaer bodies, I'm not as keen as the ones with moulded on clothing as you know but, at least they maintained the articulation, the vest as you say aren't too bad in the fact they look fairly good on some of the figures.

I think a parachutist would look very good, perhaps you could give him some googgles and an oxygen mask like they did with the MAM parachutist with the blue camoflauge suit and there was a MS figure which looks as though it had folded wings as well otherwise you'd have to search out a MS helmet which was suitable. The hot air balloon sounds like a reallly fun idea no doubt a great adventure just imagine a kid finding him when he lands they probalby wouldn't believe it, maybe send him up in an Astronaut suit?
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection    My Max Steel Collection  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 1:26 pm

I've got a spare Astronaut outfit that could be used for his flight adventure. He might be in the air for years! It would probably cause a wave of ufo sightings! lol!

I would love to send a Max or MAM to Mars, onboard a LEGO built RC Rover (all glued together) with cameras, it would need some signal relay stations set up on the way there. It would take a lot of team work and money though bounce bounce

DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection    My Max Steel Collection  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 10:31 pm

clivvers wrote:
I've got a spare Astronaut outfit that could be used for his flight adventure. He might be in the air for years! It would probably cause a wave of ufo sightings! lol!

I would love to send a Max or MAM to Mars, onboard a LEGO built RC Rover (all glued together) with cameras, it would need some signal relay stations set up on the way there. It would take a lot of team work and money though bounce bounce

Very Happy Yeha exactly that would be funny a mas sof UFO sightings, it's certainly good to have a dream they did send some LEGO figures into outer space I think, I was going to say you could probably build a rover out of KNEX then I reread the RC bit with the cameras maybe not but, KNEX was very good for making decent sturdy Action Man vehicles out of
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection    My Max Steel Collection  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Max Steel Collection
Page 1 of 1