ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Decembers Interview - Cappy

Go down 
+3
Sparkys6887
Danthecoat
BAMComix
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Decembers Interview - Cappy Empty
PostSubject: Decembers Interview - Cappy   Decembers Interview - Cappy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:45 pm

This months interview is, cappy cheers

Name ?
Brian

online name
Cappy

first vam/g.i.joe/mam or 1/6 figures ?
I got a Blond PH for my 10th Birthday in 1966. He was passed on to my nephew who kept him and he was reunited with me a few years ago after I started re-collecting AM. He is in pretty good condition but without his original basic clothing.

Favourite figure now ?
Well apart from my original PH you all should know I love BP EE's

Most desired item?
As a kid it would have been an AM that could actually hold something. I never did get any Fuzz heads with grippers.

What will you do with your collection as you get older ?
Add to it, you can never have too many VAM

Do you set yourself a budget ?
Errrrr should do but I usually run away with myself when scouring eBay. So long as I pay the bills Mrs. C leaves me alone to buy what I want.

Worst vam/g.i.joe/mam or 1/6 figure ?
To be honest I don't have any, they are all OK by me.

Views on 40th reproductions ?
I would have never rediscovered AM without it. My son bought me the DSD set for Fathers day and that just did it for me. My collection is a mixture of Vintage and 40th all mixed up. Some will throw their hands up in horror at that statement but hey I buy AM to play with I'm not a perfectionist collector.

Worst item of the vam/g.i.joe/mam or 1/6 range?
Nosepicker hands, hate them with a vengeance but would never replace my original VAM hands though.

Best thing about collecting vam/g.i.joe/mam or 1/6 figures ?
It's FUN and that's what we need in life.

Do you think your collection will be collectible in the future ?
Yes just by the sheer size of it, when I go, eBay will be flooded with BP EE's by my kids. I've only stipulated that my original VAM be kept and passed on to any grandkids that might come along.

If you did not collect vam/g.i.joe/mam or 1/6 figures, what would you collect ?
Guitars I did have 5 at one time but only have 3 now, mainly because money is being spent on VAM

Why do you like ammo ?
It is one of many forums I belong to that is VAM related. They all have their contribution to this great hobby and I value each of them. They are all different but in my opinion they each contribute to my knowledge and enjoyment of the hobby. I also hope that I give back to each what I get out of them.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Decembers Interview - Cappy   Decembers Interview - Cappy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:46 pm

What a great interview mate and a fantastic read Very Happy , thank you for taking the time to be interviewed mate cheers
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Decembers Interview - Cappy   Decembers Interview - Cappy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Great interview cappy i really enjoyed reading that Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Decembers Interview - Cappy   Decembers Interview - Cappy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Great interview Cappy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Decembers Interview - Cappy   Decembers Interview - Cappy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:15 pm

I really liked reading your interview mate, the thing that stood out for me when I was reading your interview was when you said "Some will throw their hands up in horror at that statement but hey I buy AM to play with I'm not a perfectionist collector. Im glad you play with your Action Men and your not a perfectionist collector because I think playing with Action Men is what they wear made for and about having fun!!!

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Decembers Interview - Cappy   Decembers Interview - Cappy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Cool interview Brian, I nodded in agreement to many of your answers (the non EEBP related ones lol), you have a great attitude towards the hobby!
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Decembers Interview - Cappy   Decembers Interview - Cappy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:33 am

Another very intresting read, well done Cappy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Decembers Interview - Cappy   Decembers Interview - Cappy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Excellent interview Cappy, you have the right idea about our 12" friend. B.Ps and a mixture of uniforms is a great recipe for a collection. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decembers Interview - Cappy   Decembers Interview - Cappy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decembers Interview - Cappy
Page 1 of 1