ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weapon casting

Go down 
+5
Hawkeye
BAMComix
Captian action
Professor Gangrene Fan
Teckno Viking
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 5:48 pm

Only done casting a few times and all single molds. I tackled the weapon using the 2 part mold method and tbh NOT a fan LOL

If I can do it single mold I think I will stick with that.

Anyway, I cast the rifle that came with the VTS Dark Soldier aka DOOM movie figure of John "REAPER" Grimm of the RRTS.

It is such an awesome weapon and beautiful modded G36 rifle too.

So here you go and please opinions, advice, tips Very Happy

Weapon casting Zdoom_zpsbncsldjiWeapon casting Zdoom1_zpslwymgu6w

For the keen of eye, You will notice one was cast in the 2 part molds joined together, the other I cast as 2 separate pieces. As the in mold one piece looked incorrect. The 2 separate pieces are better but a chew on putting together LOL
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 6:00 pm

Cool Cool.

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 6:48 pm

Nice ,look fantastic , the general says "how much for a crate load ? " lol! lol! lol!

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenWeapon casting G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 7:03 pm

that really is some great work jace! nicely painted too. Will you be making more weapons?
Back to top Go down
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 7:17 pm

Well going to make a single cast of this DOOM rifle and then cast.

However Yes do Plan to do other weapons too Wink
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 9:36 pm

Nice job looks good are you going to paint em or just leave them white Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 3:22 am

Both look just like the original, nice work! What glue did you use to bond them together?

Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 7:45 am

Nice work Jason well done Very Happy

SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Thanks Chaps.

Not sure I like these really. So WILL be doing a single mold and try that. Not had time yet.

@ Hawkeye, Plan to convert the casts to MACs, DUKE and ofc SARGES rifles and in a similar/same green as the original. Then I plan to PLAY with others with some weapon Mods and try various colours/camos.

@Clive I just used SUPERGLUE and clamps. Seems to have done a GREAT job. Using a little bondo to fill gaps and sand.

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 8:11 pm

Thanks for the intel, Jason! Smile

Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Well made a single Mold so can do them both ways now.

Single mold has more flash but have to say a LOT closer to the original.

Weapon casting Zdoom%20guns_zps83zwd2dz
Back to top Go down
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Not the tidiest casts but hey only my 5th time casting ANYTHING, so I am Jazzed by the results LOL
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Awesome Jay! and top, top work indeed! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:19 pm

Not really done figure stuff, as been moreso busy with Tidying.

5 hrs to clean 120 cast pieces I have done LOL  15 weapons, then 15 of each ZERT weapon acc.

Still all done and BIG difference. The rifles are the single mold DOOM rifle casts.

So from the straight from mold to the excess resin removed.
Weapon casting Zreap2_zps6bejdkqy

First Five done.
Weapon casting Zreap_zpsmpmao0mf

The ZERT weapon pieces inc:- 30 round mag, 60 round mag, Glock mag, sight, fore handle, torch, silencer
Weapon casting Zreap1_zpsur1tdo5s

By George I think I am getting the hang of this casting lark LOL
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Jason,

Casting 120 pieces is quite a task, these look good! Once painted they will look the the part! cheers bounce

Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 9:44 pm

Cheers Clive.

TBH figured all helps gain experience with casting the more I do. Plus when do you NOT require weapon acc's LOL Plus I DO so love the DOOM film Reaper rifle a LOT lol
G36s are awesome with the film mods, Hell yeah on Gucci kit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 12:20 pm

You are right! we can never have enough of weapons!

I've been pulling in Lanard's Ultra Corps weapons as soon as i see them, they come with plenty of ammo clips and clip/glue on eye scopes. I can't get enough of them.

Do you have any spare MAM 'Rhino Jeep' doors hanging about? They are the black coloured ones, i need a few pairs and also two clip in aerials (brown coloured).

I'm willing to do swaps for them.

Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 11:09 am

Hey Clive,
The Rhino I have didn't come with doors Sad Or don't think it did. Will check however.
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 7:17 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Hey Clive,
The Rhino I have didn't come with doors Sad Or don't think it did. Will check however.

The Rhino jeep is sometimes found for sale (ebay/boot sales) without the doors, the jeeps all leave the factory with doors fitted. Other variations of the Rhino jeep come without doors. Not having doors, doesn't spoil the look of the jeep, it gives a look of a muched used and more combat ready jeep.

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 1:40 am

Nice! cheers

Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 6:38 pm

...another genius on AMMO, so much to live up to! No

Great work!

Back to top Go down
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Awesome we have genius's on AMMO, so who are they????

So much to learn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 8:50 pm

TheOneManKid wrote:

Great work!

A.M.M.O is full of talent, with probably more on the way cheers

Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 9:52 pm

clivvers wrote:
TheOneManKid wrote:

Great work!

A.M.M.O is full of talent, with probably more on the way cheers

I agree with you 100% on A.M.M.O is full of talent Very Happy.

Weapon casting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon casting   Weapon casting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapon casting
Page 1 of 1