ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Empty
PostSubject: Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3   Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:11 am

This months bonus interview is Phil.

Thanks for taking the time mate to do this for us

Name?.... Phil.

Online name?.... ptlucmarsh3.

Location?.... West Midlands.

First vam/ gi joe or 1/6 figure?.... Christmas 1973 I was given a fuzzy, brown haired, combat soldier with "new" gripping hands.

Favourite figure now?.... Very hard question. It has to be the Gi Joe Japanese figure. The way he looks, the uniform they are all fantastic and he is a brilliant addition to any 1/6 collection.

Most desired Vam item?.... The vintage astronaut suit.

What will you do with your collection when you get older?.... I hope it stays with me till the end then I will leave it to my children and they can either continue to look after it or sell it on.

Do you set yourself a budget?....Bud.........get what is one of them? Seriously I tell myself not to go overboard but I am very impulsive. Sometimes something will come up, at what I think I is a great price and will convince myself that I will never get it that cheap again so I will buy it.

Worst vam/mam/Gi Joe or 1/6 figure?.... That would have to be my Captain Zargon figure, it is not a bad figure in its self but I was never a big fan of the space ranger series as a kid. I had never seen this figure before and fell for the "very rare" sales pitch.

Views on the 40th reproduction?.... I think the uniforms are very good though I only have a couple plus some stuff that I added to my vintage uniforms; guns, berets etc as I feel some people overcharge on those things and 40th is a lot cheaper. However I don't think the figures are that great especially the heads and I hope to replace the few 40th figures I have with vintage ones some day.

Worst item of the vam range?....Bullet man I have absolutely no idea why they go for so much just because they are rare. Small pox is rare but I wouldn't consider spending a lot of money to get it.

Best thing about collecting?.... I get excited when I finally purchase something that I have been after for a while. To me it's like Christmas time when I was a little kid.

Do you think your collection will be collectable in the future?.... I hope so as I keep telling my partner they are an investment for our children to stop her telling me off lol. Seriously I think so as i have got lot of figures that are worth a lot such as; my dak and Japanese figure and nearly every uniform is complete.

If you did not collect vam what would you collect?.... I never really class myself as a collector in so much as vam is the only thing I have really gone for, except for my Resident Evil video games set which i am a huge fan of.

What do you like about ammo ?.... Where do I start the friendly atmosphere due the great people on this board a few of which I have been lucky to meet in person, the helpful advice whether to buy something or repair a vam, the fact that many of us like the same thing outside of vam and we can always talk about that as well and that usually if your are stuck getting something, someone always has a spare that they will give to you for a great price.
Many thanks Dal for setting up this great site mate.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3   Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:40 am

Great interview Phil, we share a lot in common Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

PostSubject: Re: Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3   Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks Dal glad you enjoyed it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3   Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:05 pm

Great interview Phil thanks for taking part Wink
Back to top Go down
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

PostSubject: Re: Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3   Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Cheers Jason
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3   Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:17 pm

well worth a second look cheers
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3   Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:17 pm

Great interview Phil. Bullet Man...... Small Pox...... Actually find myself wanting a bullet man, my best mate had one as a kid. Think I'll give small pod a miss though lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

PostSubject: Re: Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3   Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Cheers Mark I must be honest since the interview bulletman has grown on me. I was about to buy one for 70 pounds last week and somebody beat me to it doh! He has now become a mission to join my lads, as well as the space explorer though Cin will go mad if i get one of them as they make the Japanese figure look cheap.
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3   Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:08 am

Lol. Think I saw that on on eBay Phil. Thought about a punt myself but Christmas gifts for the kids had to come first lol. I'll Probably end up with Captain Zargon and Army of Space Rangers, ROM and the Gargon. One thing I'm starting to understand in this hobby is that it's in charge of you!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net

PostSubject: Re: Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3   Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:34 am

Nice interview Phil
Back to top Go down
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

PostSubject: Re: Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3   Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:15 pm

That is certainly true Mark I just spent 30 pounds on a black frogman suit very good condition and the guy says it is original must hide it some where
Back to top Go down
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

PostSubject: Re: Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3   Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Many thanks Harry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3   Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Octobers Interview - ptlucmarsh3
Page 1 of 1