ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Workshop/VAM room build

Go down 
+11
FIELD STATION 42
Rustygun
Wolf_Soldier64
Beatlefan
somekindajoe
Reddragon
inntruderr61
BAMComix
gibri
ActionYankee
Rogue-Trooper
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 11:08 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Shocked  should they really be left unsupervised?? Laughing

Probably not...but I might end up with a bigger shed lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 11:27 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
Shocked  should they really be left unsupervised?? Laughing

Probably not...but I might end up with a bigger shed lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:27 pm

Yeah, put those guys to work!

The wall height in the box looks about right to be "scale," but as you know, "scale height" walls are rarely tall enough when photographing scenes unless the shots are cropped tightly and you keep a careful eye on camera angles. It appears there will be adequate light available as well. Your box is deep enough to allow for a lot of detailing and a variety of figure positions and camera angles, but not so deep as to make lighting problematic.

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 2:58 pm

So because of this thread.... https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t10456-urgent-rescue-mission-challenge#135788

I took this.....
Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 20190715-142152

And did this to it..

Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 20190715-144112

With the intention of building my rescue vehicle

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 4:03 pm

Top work Chris! Looking forward to more progress pics bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 5:46 pm

I have a pink and turquoise Barbie Jeep I did that to... about three years ago now... and the disassembly is as far as I got. I think it's still sitting in a box somewhere.
Embarassed
I hope your project progresses more quickly.

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 5:52 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
I have a pink and turquoise Barbie Jeep I did that to... about three years ago now... and the disassembly is as far as I got. I think it's still sitting in a box somewhere.
Embarassed
I hope your project progresses more quickly.

lol! ..I've already hit a snag, but I'll think of something...eventually lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 2:39 pm

The jeep is coming together slowly..

Meanwhile I've been messing about with the panoramic view on my phone lol!
Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 20190724-115506

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 2:46 pm

cool! cheers
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 2:54 pm

Liking the photo Chris.

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 8:10 pm

Still quite a bit to do, but its coming together slowly...
Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 20190724-200502

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Superb Chris! bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 9:02 pm

I’m really liking what work you’v done on it so far RT. I’m really liking blue spray job you’v put on it. How many is it going to able to seat ?

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 9:05 pm

Cheers fellas cheers

It will seat 2 in the front and either 1 in the rear when the heavy machine gun is in place..or maybe 2 when it is removed.

Chris
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 11:39 pm

Cool panoramic view RT! cheers

Great job so far on your project! cheers

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 9:41 pm

So I'm slowly moving towards my first semi permanent dio.

I want somewhere that has a communal area which can be used for scenarios and also have figures in the background...if that makes sense ????

Originally I thought to build a bar, but I'm leaning away from that idea for several reasons....not least because Dal has made such a superb job of The Ammo Arms and I dont want to just copy/repeat someone else's build.

So...ANY IDEAS ?????

Chris
Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 9:57 pm

Rec room/arcade. Break room.

Briefing room.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 10:54 pm

I've been thinking of "revisiting" (meaning - tearing apart and starting over) my "bar" set, for precisely the reason you state: the AMMO Arms sets the bar (ha!) too high; not to mention MiskatonicNick's Clearance Bin (the bar to end all bars).

I've considered trying to construct a restaurant setting, which is not much different than a bar, I know. Mayor Paprika on Flickr with her Boop's Scoops has pretty much created the perfect central gathering place for the characters in her long-running (1533 panels as of yesterday, not counting "interludes" and the concurrent "Bijou Planks" episodes set in the same universe) Paprihaven photo-story. It would be tough to top, or even approach, Boop's in terms of a practical, versatile diorama in which any character or combination of characters can reasonably and believably appear, much like the corner booth at the AMMO Arms.

Several of the members here on the forum have constructed fantastic "Headquarters" scenes, like the abandoned Hobb's End underground station, or, again, BAM's Jake's Study or motorpool garage.

Other ideas I've considered include a train or bus station, or perhaps a diner attached to a train or bus station, like something out of a 1940s-1950s movie. Or perhaps a central area attached to an airport or aero-squadron barracks, along the lines of the one in the movie The Dawn Patrol with David Niven and Errol Flynn.

A science lab would be fun, but might not be sufficiently general in nature. A theatre stage or backstage area would offer the option of resetting the entire appearance of the space without violating the context of what it is. (Say... that's not a bad idea....  scratch )

Or you could go with a basic "living room" set... which could morph in to the ultimate swinging bachelor pad. Once again we turn to MiskatonicNick to show us how it's done and to set an unachievable standard of perfection:

Another option would be an outdoor setting like a park. Again, Mayor Paprika on Flickr created the permanently standing Turtle Crossing Park setting, which features in her photo-story on a recurring basis.

My most versatile 1:6 scale set was a relatively simple cardboard "room box" in to which I could easily place furniture, figures,  or other props and pieces to create a variety of scenes:

Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 6913869435_b8ab816b0e

I discarded this box when I moved a few years back, thinking it would be easy to recreate. My efforts thus far have been unsuccessful. I keep over-complicating it when I try to rebuild it, rather than keeping it simple and bland. The "simple and bland" is what allowed it to serve a variety of purposes for a variety of scale figures; I used it for scenes in 1:18, 1:12, and 1:6, even though it was build with 1:6 scale in mind.

I've seen classroom sets, office sets, and a guy on Flickr who became "dormant" online a couple of years ago had built a spectacular department store diorama, complete with exteriors and display windows that he would redecorate with seasonal and holiday displays.

Since you're not quite sure where to begin, I would suggest starting by constructing a "basic box" to fit your available space. Then you can stand figures in the box and decide where to put doors and windows, or even if you want or need permanent doors and windows. From there, you can decide if you want to add additional permanent dividers or movable ones, and how tall you need the walls to be, and if you want to add balconies, stairs, or other more complicated architectural features. It all starts out with that basic box.

And please be sure to post photos of every step and mis-step in the process!

Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 2:42 am

I miss Bagheads stuff sure miss Nick
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 8:07 am

Set building does require some thought that's fo sure, I mean for the time and effort it has to be something you want to keep. My garage has long since gone now, but most of the materials were re used in Jake's study rebuild, so not so bad. I often draw inspiration from films, comics and often you guys!

I think Nick set the standard with his sets, afterall it was Nick who encouraged me to build the ammo arms bounce . Sometimes all you need is a little push cheers
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 1:30 pm

Fantastic tips and ideas all..thanks cheers cheers

I'm leaning towards the rec room/briefing room idea...cheers AY cheers

But keep the ideas coming

Chris
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 5:18 pm

Bit of a workshop update.

As if today it has a low down vent to let in cooler air.....
Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 20200706-170154

And an opening roof vent to let out hot air. Its passive so allows hot air out even when its closed.
Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 20200706-170242-2

Chris
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 5:38 pm

Thanks for sharing the update with us Chris.

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 7:14 pm

Looks fab Chris ... Air con 101 lol! lol!

Mrs G has just had a Garden workshop installed .. I'm just about to insulate it ... should I rethink? lol!
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 7:19 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
Looks fab Chris ... Air con 101 lol! lol!

Mrs G has just had a Garden workshop installed .. I'm just about to insulate it ... should I rethink? lol!

Mine is insulated..floor,  walls and roof, but it gets the sun pretty much all day in the summer. I opened the door the other day and it was like opening an oven door. So I decided that it needed ventilation. Plus I get a bit more natural light. The skylight was so easy to fit that I might get another one.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Workshop/VAM room build   Workshop/VAM room build - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Workshop/VAM room build
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9