ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Munrovian Portable HQ.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

Munrovian Portable HQ. Empty
PostSubject: Munrovian Portable HQ.   Munrovian Portable HQ. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi Team,

Inspired by a number of posts , ( Dal, SKJ, RougeTrooper/Beatlefan.. in fact most of you !! ) I've also done a bit Proof of Principle testing .

The issue I have currently is I have no room for a permanent display.. yet ...but since Mrs G has a new Craft shed ( oops sorry workshop )arrived and installed.. I'm working on it Wink Wink lol!

So I spied some cork board's in The Works last year going cheap but hadn't done anything with them.....

Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7137

I enrolled the 50th's Squad to help. I know they have had a bit of bad press ... and the poor old Munrovian squad got eliminated before they could deploy in the Dragonian /Volgan attack of 2017...

Munrovian Portable HQ. Fullsizeoutput_9ee

Munrovian Portable HQ. Fullsizeoutput_9f5

They need a chance to build back up again and contribute to the Munrovian cause.

Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7136

Sgt Joe ( a GI Joe Canada) is in charge and has been working with the guys on a solution..part 1

Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7140

OK Team deploy the system !

Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7138

Little bit more "heft" there fella !!- put you back into it !

Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7143

Looking better...careful its just a Beta version !
Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7146
Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7147

Easy does it there troopers ..

Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7144

Thats' it Men lets go for the 120 set up !

So here it is ...a triptych base for what I hope  will be come a variety of interior shots of the Munrovian HQ.

Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7148

I just need to work on a flooring system .. Keeping with the  "flat pack" system.

Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7155
Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7157

This is a tile left over from when we had the kitchen upgraded.. I'm sure they could be use to form and exterior base and some board scored and stained would form a floor board base.

Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7152

I will get some hinges sorted vs Gaffer tape ...

Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7149

Here Sgt Joe checks out the Orders board..

Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7150

Is that Dragonia ?...
Could be .. just of the coast of Volga I believe...

Munrovian Portable HQ. IMG-7151

Sgt Joe.. That's Dragon Island men.. spiritual home of the Dragonians.. Their fiercest warriors come from there. It those who must defeat .. especially since they have allied with the Volgans..our task has become supremely tough...  and I am going to turn this Squad into the  toughest squad in the 2nd Battalion.. Now Move Out ! Training starts now ...

If any one has similar storage issues It would be great to get any tips ideas for this kind of Dio arrangement.

Thanks for looking

gibri likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Munrovian Portable HQ.   Munrovian Portable HQ. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 11:22 pm

Very cool Steve! as for flooring, you can use most things, a table top, a sheet or even those sticky back tiles (usually 5 in a pack) just don't take take the plastic backing off them bounce .
It's surprising how many things you can use. Keep experimenting mate bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Munrovian Portable HQ.   Munrovian Portable HQ. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 5:20 am

Extremely well disciplined and efficient troops! They assembled the portable HQ in no time, and it looks good! Using cork boards is quite a clever idea, and they are a very convenient size with which to work.

PostSubject: Re: Munrovian Portable HQ.   Munrovian Portable HQ. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 5:32 am

You have managed to get some really superb posing in those photos. It's amazing how just the stance can convey so much character!
Well done! cheers

During my big shift, I put each of my troops into a plastic freezer bag and then collectively into large plastic storage bins.
What was amazing is A/ just how many I had; and B/ how damned HEAVY they are!
The figures were one thing but I found that all the props I've managed to collect AND the 1/6 scale vehicles took up more room than the troops!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Munrovian Portable HQ.   Munrovian Portable HQ. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 5:42 am

LeStryge wrote:

During my big shift, I put each of my troops into a plastic freezer bag and then collectively into large plastic storage bins.

That is how I store most of my figures and dolls. I learned the hard way, however, that the plastic freezer bags will react with the plastic of some figures over time, and particularly with some of the plastic accessories, resulting in "melt," which can dissolve through the bags and affect nearby figures.

I have not yet had a problem with GI Joe type figs, but it has affected Monster High figures.

It was suggested to me on another forum to wrap the figs in tissue paper before bagging them.

PostSubject: Re: Munrovian Portable HQ.   Munrovian Portable HQ. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 6:50 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

That is how I store most of my figures and dolls. I learned the hard way, however, that the plastic freezer bags will react with the plastic of some figures over time, and particularly with some of the plastic accessories, resulting in "melt," which can dissolve through the bags and affect nearby figures.
It was suggested to me on another forum to wrap the figs in tissue paper before bagging them.
I have heard of that problem too, however it was never my intention that I would be storing my figures for any great length of time  and I did want to keep them clean.
A lot of plastics tend to degrade as the plasticiser component can be unstable.
I have a couple of figures where the problem is not so much a degrading of the plastic but rather a quite noticeable colour change.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Munrovian Portable HQ.   Munrovian Portable HQ. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 8:00 am

LeStryge wrote:
A lot of plastics tend to degrade as the plasticiser component can be unstable.
I have a couple of figures where the problem is not so much a degrading of the plastic but rather a quite noticeable colour change.

Yeah, I really don't know if storage techniques make much difference. Toy-grade plastics all seem to deteriorate over time: usually getting hard and brittle, and often changing color. Obviously keeping items cooler will help: yeah, right, easier said than done in Australia, or Hawaii, or the American Southwest in the summer. But all the old Action Man / Joe figures have stress cracks. The rubber hands dry out and crack or crumble. The pegs in the elbows and knees get brittle and snap. Similar thing happened to the plastic parts on the Matchbox cars I had when I was a kid: the rubber tracks on caterpillar tractors were the first thing to go. At this point, the black plastic tires (tyres) are brittle and often crack. Formerly flexible bits like roof cargo racks and detachable tops are completely non-flexible and almost seem to crack or crumble if you stare at them too hard. Even some of the metal parts, the "slush metal" detail bits on the Models of Yesteryear in particular, have crumbled away while sitting in storage.

The toys of our youth, while of a much higher quality than most toys of today, were still toys, designed to be playthings during childhood, and were not engineered to last for decades. Sadly, the toys, like our youth itself, are ephemeral, and subject to the ravages of time.

Except maybe for Gunner's guys, who seem to be in fine shape. They're too busy building stuff to bother with that "decomposing in storage" nonsense!

PostSubject: Re: Munrovian Portable HQ.   Munrovian Portable HQ. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 8:05 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

Sadly, the toys, like our youth itself, are ephemeral, and subject to the ravages of time.
You took the words right out of my mouth Dave!
Old age could be termed in exactly the same way as a female dog is in a breeding kennel......
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Munrovian Portable HQ.   Munrovian Portable HQ. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 11:50 am

Great work Gunner cheers .

I'm looking to do something similar for my temporary dios.....false walls and floors inside my study dio.

As Dal said pretty  much anything can be used for flooring. The floor of my study is just a piece of mdf. I scored it with a flat bladed screwdriver.  Then painted with a light....yellowish wood stain. After that had dried I went over with a much darker stain. Once that dried I rubbed it with sandpaper to get the worn look I was after.

Keep up the good work..its all coming together really well cheers cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Munrovian Portable HQ.   Munrovian Portable HQ. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 7:06 pm

Thanks fellas

will keep working at it cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Munrovian Portable HQ.   Munrovian Portable HQ. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Munrovian Portable HQ.
Page 1 of 1