ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA

Go down 
+4
LeStryge
SCU_HQ
inntruderr61
Chip
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Sabotage
Chip

NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  Empty
PostSubject: NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA    NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 12:15 am

Hi All , I think Sparkle Budgie re flocked this fig for me in a long flock , yonks ago now.

He will be joining my other NVA (North Vietnamese Army ) .  On the Ho Chi Minh trail . These troops , often marching south from the north , could be on the trail for months , many died before they see any combat from illnesses like Malaria , and I dare say from U.S bombings . Villages re supplied them with rice ( either willingly or bullied into it ). Rice was the bulk of their diet carried in his rice tube attached to his ruck , along with any vegetables found in the bush , and tinned fish paste . Apart from the cloth boonie , it`s all re worked 21st century Toys gear .

NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  1-P1100578

NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  2-P1100566

NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  3-P1100567

NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  4-P1100569

NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  5-P1100571

NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  6-P1100572

NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  7-P1100575

NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  8-P1100565

NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  9-P1100579

Blondeactionman, Sparklebudgie and tallyho like this post

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA    NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 1:06 am

Cool looking figure and a nice flock job! cheers

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA    NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 1:44 am

Impressively detailed figure, especially all the details of the backpack, rice tube, and other equipment he's carrying. He looks even more realistic with "real" hair! Another "museum quality" reproduction!

AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA    NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 2:36 am

This whole highly commendable project is building up to one hell of a quality diorama, ...or perhaps even a series of scenes from the Vietnam War.

I know this is a difficult decision Chip, but have you ever considered dirtying/weathering the uniforms for an even greater realism?
Sweat, mud, rips etc.
This would work only if you intend to archive your figures (which I most definitely think you should!) and never plan on re-purposing the uniforms.

ASTRONAUT
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA    NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 6:10 am

Great figure ..all your Vietnam figures are excellent

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA    NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 8:10 am

Awesome work Chip! and the realistic hair just tops him of perfectly! Love all the extra detail on the figure bounce bounce bounce

Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA    NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 12:15 pm

He is one tough looking guy! Nicely detailed, a great figure!

Daryl

Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Red Devil
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA    NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 8:16 pm

Looking good.
Tbh I can’t remember flocking him Very Happy

I haven’t flocked anything for ages but have still got all the kit, one day.......

Sabotage
Chip

PostSubject: Re: NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA    NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 11:55 pm

Thanks for all the kind words .
@ Brian , I think you Flocked three heads in this way for me Brian , pics of those will turn up sooner or later hopefully .

@ Barry , I have wrestled some with weathering the uniforms , I think I have the capability but it`s so permanent with clothes I feel . If it`s done well it really kicks them off , but I seen a lot of figures over done and it has spoilt them , I might dare it one day ... Thanks for those kind statements again .

Thanks again all . Wink

Sparklebudgie likes this post

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA    NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 12:33 am

Chip wrote:

@ Barry , I have wrestled some with weathering the uniforms , I think I have the capability but it`s so permanent with clothes I feel . If it`s done well it really kicks them off , but I seen a lot of figures over done and it has spoilt them , I might dare it one day ... Thanks for those kind statements again .

I do understand your reluctance Chip, but I truly feel it is the only remaining thing you could possibly do to improve your wonderful recreations. I sincerely hope you never intend to demolish any of the figures so if done judiciously, (which you undoubtedly are supremely capable of) then those figures would gain a "humanity" that would be truly uncanny.
Try one?

PostSubject: Re: NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA    NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOW WITH REALISTIC HAIR !!! NVA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Collections-
Jump to: