ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bad Hair Day!

Go down 
+2
somekindajoe
TheOneManKid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Bad Hair Day! Empty
PostSubject: Bad Hair Day!   Bad Hair Day! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Here are three guys who are off soon to get some hair repairs...'orrible photo for 'orrible hair... Laughing 

On the left is my original childhood head that's going to have a complete re-flock in vintage blonde
In the middle is The Man's head that's going to have his bald patch sorted
On the right is my new Joe head who's fluff stuck on with spit is going to be replaced with something more permanent and better looking. I haven't decided exactly what colour/s yet; any suggestions? I think he has a passing resemblance to Thome Yorke in this photo... Razz 

It's interesting to note that the more modern the heads get, the smaller they get...that is not just perspective creating an illusion of size difference, the original head is quite a bit bigger than the modern one.

Bad Hair Day! Badhai10

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Bad Hair Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Hair Day!   Bad Hair Day! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 6:00 pm

ActionMalph wrote:

It's interesting to note that the more modern the heads get, the smaller they get...that is not just perspective creating an illusion of size difference, the original head is quite a bit bigger than the modern one.

Yeah just like Curleywurleys and everything else that was so much bigger when we were kids!  lol! 

Cool little army of three you have there Ralph. I think 'The Man' has just shrunk a bit with age, and don't listen to me about removing Joe heads, looks like you did just fine!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Bad Hair Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Hair Day!   Bad Hair Day! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 6:40 pm

ActionMalph,

I think the reissued Joe head (far right) would look great with a Japanese Manga/comic style bright red, or navy blue flock. It's something I've been wanting to do for some of my figures for ages. It's something very different, and would look pretty good Very Happy 

somekindajoe wrote:
Yeah just like Curleywurleys and everything else that was so much bigger when we were kids!  lol! 
I know what you mean Steve lol!  I can remember back in the 1960's, when 'Mars Bars' seemed to be the same size as a house brick! And only cost 4d in old (Made In Great Britain) money Wink Very Happy

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Bad Hair Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Hair Day!   Bad Hair Day! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Club hair for Joe...  Very Happy 

Everythings getting smaller these days...  lol! 
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Bad Hair Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Hair Day!   Bad Hair Day! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 7:33 pm

somekindajoe wrote:

Cool little army of three you have there Ralph. I think 'The Man' has just shrunk a bit with age, and don't listen to me about removing Joe heads, looks like you did just fine!

Yeah, the army is growing rapidly, from only one when I came to your place in November to five or six planned by the end of January...that's a rate of two a month... Shocked 

I got the Joe head off with a little boiling water and a lot of brute force, trouble is a lot of his fluff rubbed off at the same time... Laughing so no choice but to get him re-flocked now!

Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Bad Hair Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Hair Day!   Bad Hair Day! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 7:39 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Club hair for Joe...  Very Happy 

Everythings getting smaller these days...  lol! 

With "Club hair" do you mean vintage blonde? I've been thinking about a lighter version of vintage blonde to give him a proper Scandinavian blonde look, maybe even with some ginga in it to make it a little Strawberry... Wink 

Yeah, know the feeling with things getting smaller with age... Razz

Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

Bad Hair Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Hair Day!   Bad Hair Day! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 1:23 pm

i like the hair colour of the beardie and think it would go with the a&s without going full out ginger but what do i know

Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Bad Hair Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Hair Day!   Bad Hair Day! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 7:44 pm

...hope this guy doesn't mind me borrowing his photo, what do you think about this look?  Razz He's got a blonde and ginger thing going on! Could get the eyebrows flocked too to hide the nasty yellow paint... cheers 

Bad Hair Day! Strawb10

Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

Bad Hair Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Hair Day!   Bad Hair Day! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Just get Tony to repaint eyebrows brown Ralph!! Then whatever you decide it'll look cool! Smile

Bad Hair Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Hair Day!   Bad Hair Day! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Hair Day!
Page 1 of 1