ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Major Bludd body transfer part 2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 10:28 am

Here is the Major Bludd head on the CC Ripper body and fully kitted:

Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Bludd610

And now the new articulation for Major Bludd:

Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Bludd710

I hope you enjoy him.

Daryl
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 11:22 am

A vast improvement indeed! I never understood why they gave these figures such limited articulation?
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 1:24 pm

Thanks Dal!

I once read that the original Joe/MAM bodies were ones used from a Hasbro fashion figure line,
sort of a "Ken" character.

Which kinda makes sense, as their arms and legs had only two "clicks" of movement. Which was
more articulation than Ken. And they were more muscular, more manly than Ken. I don't know what
line they had that those bodies were originally from.

But I have at least a couple of early MAM that has the same type body.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 1:46 pm

Daryl, the new articulated Major Bludd looks articulated-tastic.

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 4:57 am

Thanks Alexander!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 7:29 am

TNshooter wrote:
Thanks Dal!

I once read that the original Joe/MAM bodies were ones used from a Hasbro fashion figure line,
sort of a "Ken" character.
But I have at least a couple of early MAM that has the same type body.
Daryl

Yes Daryl, I too have a couple of seriously vintage MAMs with exactly that body type too.
Ken doll on steroids?
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 12:29 am

Great looking figures Daryl... Very Happy cheers Very Happy

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 5:37 am

[/quote]
Yes Daryl, I too have a couple of seriously vintage MAMs with exactly that body type too.
Ken doll on steroids?[/quote]

That's what I think. But I hate to think that Hasbro brought back the 12" figure line using fashion
doll bodies.
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 5:53 am

Well, here is my second HOF body transfer. Changing an HOF Sgt. Savage figure to more articulation.
I didn't do a before photo, other than the fact it was an HOF body he had a Sgt's tattoo on his upper
right arm that was lost when his body was replaced. This figure is basically a character much like Sgt Rock
from comic books back in the day, and Hasbro had the original artist from the Sgt Rock comics do the
artwork for their line of Sgt Savage figures, which were done in six inch tall size, after they had decided
to discontinue the ARAH line some years ago. The Savage line was done before the GI joe Extreme line,
before Hasbro decided to go back to the ARAH line. They should have let that line die back in the day imo.

Anyway, here are photos of Sgt Savage on his new classic collection body. His original uniform is war torn,
and the character is based during WWII. However he was cryogenically frozen to be awakened 40 years later.

Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Savage10
Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Savage12
Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Savage11

I hope you like him, even though I'm not sure this figure was produced in the UK.

Daryl

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 am

I certainly "like" him, (a lot) but he does seem to have such an odd "bottom heavy" face.
Is it a very thick neck or the bottom of his jaw bone?
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 7:51 am

Thanks LeStryge!

Yeah, I have found that HOF heads have a bit of a "bulge" around the neck when put on CC
bodies. Even though the neck posts seem to be the same. I guess the CC bodies neck post is
slightly larger than the HOF neck posts.

When I did the Major Bludd transfer I made the CC body neck post a little smaller with a dremel
tool. But found afterwards that the head was easily removed by pulling at it after it had cooled.

Thanks for your comment!

Daryl

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 7:54 am

Great looking figure! and what a great sculpt! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 9:11 am

Thanks Dal!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 9:19 am

Okay I’m just totally loving Sgt Savage head sculpt. I’m really liking the look Sgt Savage.

Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 12:12 pm

Wow dude, I must say your Major Bludd worked out superbly Shocked I think he looks way better now even though he is smaller in scale but with POA. I have always loved the character you have made really, really nice bounce

I love you new Sgt. Savage as well. I love the big chin and little whiskers and his overall rugged look to him. Your little backstory is cool too. Something else that you said that ARAH should have ended back then, may I ask why think that? Were Joes to go extreme and stay there? Return as Sigma 6? Anyway, I liked Extreme G.I. Joe but when 96 came so many things were changing and for the Joes it was a big change for Me as I really was used to the originals prior to them and didn't give them a chance really but sometimes I regret that as the years went by as they were part of a decent era and IMO should have lasted longer then what they did.

Great stuff Daryl Very Happy

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 11:56 pm

Thank you Brandon. Sgt. Savage's backstory is actually from Hasbro. There was actually a 5"
Sgt. Savage line, prior to Extreme, It didn't last long. Maybe 2 years, if that long.

As far as my ARAH comment, Hasbro keeps rehashing the characters. First they licensed
Hot Toys, and now another company to make 12" versions. And they brought them back
in their new 8" line.

I'm just wondering how many Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow and Duke figures do we need?
I would like to see new characters.

But I'm glad you liked the post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 11:07 am

TNshooter wrote:
Thank you Brandon. Sgt. Savage's backstory is actually from Hasbro. There was actually a 5"
Sgt. Savage line, prior to Extreme, It didn't last long. Maybe 2 years, if that long.

As far as my ARAH comment, Hasbro keeps rehashing the characters. First they licensed
Hot Toys, and now another company to make 12" versions. And they brought them back
in their new 8" line.

I'm just wondering how many Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow and Duke figures do we need?
I would like to see new characters.

But I'm glad you liked the post. Very Happy

I'd forgotten about that series till you just said that. I see what your saying, I do get tired of the same old characters from many lines over and over again and don't forget Sideshow as well Rolling Eyes

I did like it a lot and your welcome Daryl Very Happy

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 12:38 pm

My bad Brandon, Sideshow is what I meant instead of Hot Toys.

Thanks for the clarification. Smile
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 12:46 pm

TNshooter wrote:
My bad Brandon, Sideshow is what I meant instead of Hot Toys.

Thanks for the clarification. Smile

No dude, you were right, Hot Toys did make Joes but they were from the second movie Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major Bludd body transfer part 2   Major Bludd body transfer part 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Major Bludd body transfer part 2
Page 1 of 1