ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Myles_Falworth's Joes

Go down 
+9
inntruderr61
TNshooter
Professor Gangrene Fan
Wolf_Soldier64
somekindajoe
ActionYankee
Chip
FIELD STATION 42
gibri
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

Myles_Falworth's Joes Empty
PostSubject: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Hello!  I'm Myles_Falworth, one of my favorite literary characters from childhood.  The name is the main character from Howard Pyle's "Men of Iron" for those interested, and who don't mind reading a little Elizabethan English.  

I was a longtime member of the GIJCC, after discovering that they had resurrected the Land Adventurer in 2000.   I immediately ordered one, and joined the Gi Joe Club at the same time.   I began discovering the joy of vintage a few years ago, and finally began my addiction.  While I'm limited on funds, I try to make up for it in quality.   I'll post some of my collection here, and since I love to restore Joes, and am also learning to restore vehicles, I'll post another thread where I show my projects and the major stages from start to completion.   I'm a member of the Trenches boards too, where you'll find me by the same name.   Cheers!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 9:44 pm

Welcome Myles! thanks so much for choosing to join us at AMMO, you may remember me from the Trenches? Daryl dropped me a pm and said you may want to join Very Happy . I believe due to the way our forum is set up you may have to wait seven days before you can post some pics. There is a way around this, if you copy your image location from another forum and insert the code in the 'insert Image' (two across from the youtube icon) You should be able to post pictures.
Really looking forward to seeing your collection and restorations soon.

Myles_Falworth likes this post

Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 10:07 pm

Myles_Falworth's Joes 67494810

Here are the best of my AT guys.  All are vintage, except for the white astronaut suit - which is from the Kentuckiana set a couple of years back.  The darker of the two MOAs (next to the Sea Adventurer) is a Talker.  The astronaut is also a talker.

Last edited by Myles_Falworth on Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

BAMComix and Brigadier Graemon like this post

Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 10:20 pm

Myles_Falworth's Joes 20191010

Here they are at my AT Headquarters, perched high atop a mountain (in my study).  

Myles_Falworth's Joes 20191011

The Commander is briefing part of the team on their next mission.

Myles_Falworth's Joes 20191012

The plan is taking shape.  Looking at the map and gathering intel.

Myles_Falworth's Joes 20191013

The equipment room stands ready to supply the Adventure Team with all the kit they need.

Last edited by Myles_Falworth on Sun May 23, 2021 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

BAMComix and Brigadier Graemon like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 10:35 pm

Very nice bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 10:55 pm

Nice collection and nice set-up!!!

Thanks for posting the photos and welcome to AMMO!!!

Brian
cheers cheers cheers

rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer santa rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 11:07 pm

Welcome to the forum, Myles_Falworth!

Great looking collection of vintage AT guys, and it's always fun to see an original Adventure Team HQ play set being used for its intended purpose!

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 12:17 am

Nice collection you have , I always look at the U.S A.T guys and gear with some envy , as they had so much not released here in England , I wonder if the U.S collectors look at some of the Action Man releases with the same envy ? Nice to see the vintage figs get a look in . Welcome aboard . Wink

Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 12:23 am

I do like a lot of the Action Man stuff. Particularly the mounted troops, the Canadian Mounties, and the British Commandos. I picked up a repro Action Man for the Astronaut suit a while back, and am eyeing some of the Commando sets for sale at Cotswold. But lately my focus has been mostly vintage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 12:44 am

Welcome Myles, in your quest for Knighthood and a marriage to Lady Alice!
"The Black Shield of Falworth" (movie version, ...er, make that "adaption")....who could forget Tony Curtis' broad Bronx accent?  lol!  )
You have certainly chosen an expensive hobby, but it's really great to see all your figures and the interesting diorama you have made for them.  cheers

Last edited by LeStryge on Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 12:46 am

I've never been a fan of the Tony Curtiss movie. He was too old for the part, and that haircut was awful! Loved the book though. Still do. Great story of loyalty, duty and friendship. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 12:48 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Welcome Myles! thanks so much for choosing to join us at AMMO, you may remember me from the Trenches? Daryl dropped me a pm and said you may want to join Very Happy . I believe due to the way our forum is set up you may have to wait seven days before you can post some pics. There is a way around this, if you copy your image location from another forum and insert the code in the 'insert Image' (two across from the youtube icon) You should be able to post pictures.
Really looking forward to seeing your collection and restorations soon.

Thanks for adding me! I've been looking for a new home. This place looks great! I do remember seeing your posts at the Trenches. There are a few others here I've noticed. Maybe you'll see more of us. Trenches is still a great place, but they're mostly only on Facebook these days. These BBS systems are much better for photos.
Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 1:05 am

Nice looking bunch of guys. I wish SWMBO would let me get an HQ.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!

Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 1:37 am

Chip wrote:
Nice collection you have , I always look at the U.S A.T guys and gear with some envy ,
as they had so much not released here in England , I wonder if the U.S collectors look at some of the
Action Man releases with the same envy ? Nice to see the vintage figs get a look in .
Welcome aboard . Wink

Sorry to butt in here, but when Chip asked this question I had to chime in.

You can count me envious of the Action Man sets, Chip. I remember when the repro sets
from Modelers Loft came out I was surprised how many unique sets were available in the
UK that we never had. Especially the Guards and other military sets. We did get a chance to
buy them from Cotswold though and that was great, but a little pricey.

Thanks

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 6:28 am

Hey John!

Glad to see you here!

And I echo Brian's comment, Action Man had some great stuff we never saw in the US!

Our ATV was only in yellow. VAM had The Hog, same vehicle in olive drab, great for the
military.

1/6 scale Joe disappeared in 1975 or 1976, Action Man continued for ten years after.

By then Joe had returned in 3 3/4" size. Quite the bummer.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 7:21 am

Thanks for the help Daryl!
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 2:52 pm

Great collection of Joes! cheers

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 4:32 pm

Here are several of my US Navy Joes.  The officers on each end are from the Battle of Leyte Gulf GIJCC Convention set, and the two sailors in crackerjacks on the left are both vintage.  I've added another one since this photo was taken, and have another in the wings. The Shore Patrol ailor third from the right is a 40th figure and uniform.  Both Marines are vintage.  The sailor 2nd from right is a HOF sailor.  I'm former Navy and love the sailor Joes!  

Myles_Falworth's Joes 67128010

Last edited by Myles_Falworth on Mon May 24, 2021 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Brigadier Graemon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 4:39 pm

I'm still working on getting my displays put together.  I like having the Joes posed in various ways, but don't have a ton of room.  Here's where most of my other Joes are currently displayed.  

Myles_Falworth's Joes 20201210

Myles_Falworth's Joes 20201211

Myles_Falworth's Joes 20201213

Last edited by Myles_Falworth on Mon May 24, 2021 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Welcome and great photos Myles! cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 5:17 pm

Awesome collection of GI Joes and adventure Team Myles great photos

Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2020 9:14 am

Myles_Falworth's Joes 20190711

Here's a photo I took of "then" all of my Green Beret Joes.  The two Green Berets on the left are both vintage. The blonde is a "pin-head" Joe. Soon to be replaced with a different PH figure. The middle two are from the 2018 GIJCC convention set. The Green Beret on the far right is a 40th Gi Joe with the GIJCC Green Beret set.

Brigadier Graemon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2020 9:31 am

Wow you’v got a impressive collection of Joe’s.

Back to top Go down
Myles_Falworth
Painted Head
Myles_Falworth

PostSubject: Modern Adventure Team Gi Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 7:01 am

Here is most of my modern Adventure Team - minus the replicas of all the original vintage AT line.  I have all of those, in boxes on my shelf which is pictured above.  My Man of Asia finally got a second-hand uniform at mail call today.  He was low on funds when he first joined the team, and actually sold his uniform and all equipment to someone on the Trenches.   The Foreign Adventurer (all the way on the left) is not wearing his black leather jacket.   He had two of them.  One was being used by the Man of Asia, and started flaking terribly.  He blamed it on the Man of Asia's rough handling of the jacket, and practicing his Kung-Fu while wearing it.  Then today, he pulled his other never used jacket from storage, and the leather pealed right off of it.  So the jackets are being disposed of.  He will need to find another jacket for outdoor missions.   The Comrade of Action is also part of my team. he is currently lurking somewhere around the post - and could not be located for this photo.   He never got his equipment package.  AT Headquarters has searched far and wide for any sign of the Comrade's missing uniforms and equipment.  Eventually he is confident we can find them.  In the meantime, the military section has found a combat worn Russian uniform which he will wear.  This should suffice temporarily until the modern equipment can be procured.  

Myles_Falworth's Joes 20210110
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 8:04 am

Great looking crew!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myles_Falworth's Joes   Myles_Falworth's Joes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Myles_Falworth's Joes
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next