ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Croc Atak Gangrene

Go down 
+3
Professor Gangrene Fan
FIELD STATION 42
TNshooter
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 5:42 pm

Alexander,

I found the Croc Atak Gangrene we had discussed. His arms have absolutely no movement except
at the shoulder.

This shows the mouths of the croc and the snake closed.

Croc Atak Gangrene Gcroc110

And the mouths open.

Croc Atak Gangrene Gcroc210

A close up of the head.

Croc Atak Gangrene Gcroc310

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 5:45 pm

This is the box back, it was too big for my scanner so I had to scan it in halves and
stitch them together. Unfortunately part of the image isn't exactly aligned.

Croc Atak Gangrene Gcroc410

I need to replace the white paper I use as a background, it's getting beat up and a little dirty.

Daryl

BAMComix and Hawkeye like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 6:12 pm

Wow! Outrageous head sculpt on that version of Gangrene! Excellent box art, too!
Fun stuff!

Professor Gangrene Fan

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 8:32 pm

The Croc Atak Gangrene figure set looks totally Gangrenetastic. I’m really liking Gangrene’s head sculpt. Thank you very much TNshooter for sharing this Gangrene with us.

Admin
BAMComix

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 9:20 pm

Cool figure! not seen that one before bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 9:27 pm

New one to me too, ...although I have seen the crocodile on offer on eBay. 
I think Prof. Gangrene's headsculpt has undergone quite a few changes in his history.
Great box art. Well worth keeping.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 9:45 pm

Wow, when did this version of Gangrene come out? I recall one similar buy not the same as this.

I liked Dr X and Maxx for those who remember him. But Gangrene was really creepy.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 12:00 am

LeStryge wrote:
I think Prof. Gangrene's headsculpt has undergone quite a few changes in his history.

LeStryge here is the link of all the Gangrene figure changes in his history that I put together.
https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t10210-gangrene-figures-and-carded-sets-list?highlight=History+of+Gangrene

Professor Gangrene Fan

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 12:16 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
I liked Dr X and Maxx for those who remember him. But Gangrene was really creepy.

I definitely remember MAXX because I had him when I was younger. A bit of background on him I found on the internet.
Maxx also known as the man with no name, X, Spike, Freak Face and the Purple Menace is a henchman and a street gang leader and enforcer. He can easily be recongized by his bandaged face and spiky hair. A possible origin how he got his disfigurment is that one of Gangrenes experiments blew up in his face. He is usually potrayed as a tough but not too bright lead henchman of Dr Xs forces. The only figure of Maxx to be released came in a two pack with Action Man.
The two pack with Action Man set looks like this
Croc Atak Gangrene 3-F747-CFA-1-A84-403-E-9-C06-D1992-E063-DE9
I got this set on EBay.

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 12:47 am

Explains a lot! I wondered where he fitted in.
I have seen MAXX on eBay from time to time.
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 3:39 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Wow, when did this version of Gangrene come out? I recall one similar buy not the same as this.

This figure is from 2006. I didn't realize the mouth on the snake could open and close. It's a little
pose-able, has a wire through the body. The croc is identical to the Adventures of GI Joe Secret of the
Swamp set, except it's darker in color and has the red stripes.

I haven't seen it in a while, but I think the arms are the same as the Neo-Viper figure from the first
Joe live action movie. They are  the same, no movement except at the shoulder. Makes it impossible
to pose him with the rifle that came with him. I was severely disappointed in that figure.

I found this on ebay doing a search for MAM. As I recall I got him for $20. I purchased it from a US
seller.

The box back has 12 languages, including english, which says the croc has snapping jaw action and
the snake is pose-able. The smaller text underneath is the same, the line of english says that some
poses may require hand support.

If I could figure out a suitable way to give him a cloth shirt that looked similar, and the neck post was
the same, I would transfer the head and clothing to a regular body to make him pose-able. I do
like the head sculpt. But it's tough to pose him in anyway with sticks for arms.

Before the auction I had never seen him before, and I hadn't since until Alexander posted a photo
of him in the box.

I never saw Maxx for sale, but I do have Antifreeze.

I need to dig out my Dr. X figures. As I recall I have several versions of him, including the one with
the chest that opens and machine guns pop out. But there are versions of him that I don't have.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 10:51 am

TNshooter wrote:
I never saw Maxx for sale, but I do have Antifreeze.

I need to dig out my Dr. X figures. As I recall I have several versions of him, including the one with
the chest that opens and machine guns pop out. But there are versions of him that I don't have.

I hope one day your find and buy/win the bid on a MAXX figure. Yes you totally need to dig out your several versions of Dr. X figures.

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 2:53 pm

I came across the Neo Viper figure from the first GI Joe movie.

His upper half is identical to this Gangrene figure, except for the
head.

The Neo Viper has a really dark grey color trimmed in black with
black gloves.

It has me wanting to figure out a way to replace the shirts that
looks at least similar so I can replace the bodies.

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 11:32 am

Daryl I just had to look though the pictures of your Croc Atak Gangrene. Looking at him again he definitely is a copy of the Professor Gangrene (2001) figure. Apart from the feature: pulling his left hand down made his head turn, revealing a different face representing the mad scientist cackling (or getting very annoyed) also he doesn’t have the green thing around the back of his head.
Croc Atak Gangrene 28767-C69-F1-C4-446-B-9711-1-B1-DF788-D47-D

Professor Gangrene Fan

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 8:15 am

Daryl, I just had to look through your pictures of your Croc Atak Gangrene again. I’m so jealous lol!. It’s a real pity Hasbro never released Croc Atak Gangrene into the Europe mam toy market Sad. I would have definitely bought him that’s for sure.

Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 12:03 pm

Cool set Daryl they seem to be sliming these later figures down from the ones back in the 90s I think they look better like this they tend to look quite cartoonish the box art looks great cheers

inntruderr61

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2023 11:59 pm

Really like that one Daryl! cheers

Professor Gangrene Fan

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2023 5:24 pm

Ah It’s a real pity Hasbro never released Croc Atak Gangrene into the Europe mam toy market Crying or Very sad . I would have definitely bought him that’s for sure.

Croc Atak Gangrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Croc Atak Gangrene   Croc Atak Gangrene Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Croc Atak Gangrene
Page 1 of 1