ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ain't no party...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 6:30 am

Like the Sarahdactyl crew party, cause the Sarahdactyl crew party don't stop..

I just wanted to share pictures of the new girl and new guy who are yet to be named.

Ain't no party... Psx_2035
Ain't no party... Psx_2034

So Liam, Lewis and Boris (I'm not even sure why Boris was hanging out with those two) decided to throw a small party to welcome them and things got a bit out of hand.

Ain't no party... Psx_2037
Ain't no party... Psx_2038
Ain't no party... Psx_2036
Ain't no party... Psx_2039

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 8:07 am

Great new members Sarah! and man what a party! plenty of beer, so I suspect a good time is to had by all! I really like the new girls jacket (in the first pic). Hope we see more of them soon bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 3:17 pm

Two nüe crüe, and they be coo’!

Nice head sculpt on the new girl. I like the eyes and the hair.

The casual street wear of all you characters is a fun change from the usual fantasy or military that is the norm for action figures. I pick up kind of a “Euro” vibe. I imagine a pounding Techno beat driving this party, later mellowing out to some chill world jazz.

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 6:58 pm

I like that female head sculpt. I have not seen it before anywhere.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 7:02 pm

Thanks guys!

I think they had fun Dal! The coat is the magic cube Gorka coat form their recent modern Russian.

Thanks Dave, well yeah the father and son are English, Boris is Russian, I am thinking new girl is going to be Russian, and the new fellow Turkish? I feel like they are partying to Euro techno!

It's a lovely head Gary, my Mum got it for my for my birthday from Monkey Depot.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 9:13 pm

Hmmm.  I don't recall ever seeing that one and I buy tons of stuff from Monkey Depot.  They have the best prices anywhere on parted out stuff.

Oh....Wait a moment! It looks a lot like this one......

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Head_TBLeague_Sariah_p/pcl1516.htm

RealSarahdactyl likes this post

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 11:38 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Hmmm.  I don't recall ever seeing that one and I buy tons of stuff from Monkey Depot.  They have the best prices anywhere on parted out stuff.

Oh....Wait a moment!  It looks a lot like this one......

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Head_TBLeague_Sariah_p/pcl1516.htm

That's the one!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 11:47 pm

she has a dead serious look on her face, doesn't she?
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2021 8:27 am

she has a dead serious look on her face, doesn't she?  

Very much so. Like she isn't taking any trouble from anyone. She isn't so tough though. When she went to the drawer for the night. I gave her a doll scale teddy bear, as she is new, she's probably nervous.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2021 12:21 pm

Teddy bears seem to be equally important to key characters in Girls und Panzer.

https://gup.fandom.com/wiki/Boko
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 1:01 am

Gary, after watching this.

https://youtu.be/KREbtP-o6ps

We need to find you a tank for your girls. I'm keeping eyes peeled on the bay. Haha.

Book is cute!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 4:05 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

Gary, after watching this.

https://youtu.be/KREbtP-o6ps

We need to find you a tank for your girls. I'm keeping eyes peeled on the bay. Haha.

Book is cute!

I am currently watching "Girls und Panzer; der Film) for the third time since the DVD arrived in my mailbox earlier this week.  I've watched all twelve episodes of the TV series at least ten times....

Cute girls and tanks....what the hell more could a man want?

Dragon Recently re-released their M4 Sherman kit, but it would have cost me over $500.00 so I ordered the Jeep instead. I imagine they will next be re-releasing their Pz.II, but what I really want to see is a Pz.III or Pz.IV.....or a Stug. III
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 5:19 am

It seems like a really neat show!

I'd really love some more readily available 1/6 Armour. I've been wanting to get that M8 car from Hasbro. But I would like to get one MIB if I can.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:12 am

Girls und Panzer is set in an alternate reality where "Sensha Do" (The way of the tank) or dueling with tanks is a popular feminine sport.  Men don't do it.  Girls live on giant academy ships which look for all the world like gargantuan aircraft carriers the size of Star Wars star destroyers.  In place of a flight deck, these behemoths have schools, supporting communities, even hills and woods, while the lower decks contain hydroponic growing areas, and schools for students intending to go into a maritime trade, in addition to the machinery needed to propel the ship.

The TV series, which came first introduces us to very endearing and at times very amusing characters. The five main characters; Miho Nishizumi, Saori Takebe, Hana Isusu, Yukari Akiyama and Mako Reizei come from very different backgrounds and form the crew of a Panzer IV tank.  (Team Anglerfish)  Along the the way, they bond very closely, resolve a lot of personal / family issues and lead their inexperienced school team to victory in a national championship.  

Battles are fought with non-penetrating ammo, that contains a microchip that forces a white flag to pop out of a tank anytime a "fatal" hit is inflicted.  this being said, this non-penetrating ammo still sets tanks on fire, blows off gun barrels and tank tracks and sometimes flips over tanks in ways that would kill everyone inside in the real world. Notwithstanding, no-one ever dies in this and it's lot's of fun.

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 4:44 pm

Do you prefer watching dubbed or subtitled GuP episodes?

And has this topic been totally hijacked? Razz

(In case you weren't aware, Sarahdactyl, topic hi-jacking, veering wildly off topic, is frequent and common on the AMMO forum. It's kind of a running gag at this point. Eventually things usually circle back to the subject. Unlike other forums, mods rarely step in to bring things back on track unless they get extremely out of hand or the Original Poster requests. And going to the mods isn't usually necessary, just a gentle "reminder" that, hey, wasn't this topic about.... It's part of the "personality" of this forum.)

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 5:13 pm

I watch GuP in Japanese with English subtitles.  I tried watching it in English and couldn't stand it. Everything seemed wrong...as bad as poor English dubs of Japanese films with no lip sync. Worse even.  The voice actresses doing the English dub just don't have tonality of excited, high=pitched Japanese voices speaking quickly.  

The corollary to this is that I frequently miss something being said while watching the action, meaning I have to watch everything several times to get everything, which is kind of a treat, actually.

Interestingly, there are certain very subtle jokes in there that only deep research into the series reveals.  For instance, "Hall Monitors" in the translation are actually "The Public Morals Committee" in the original Japanese, and all of their names are contractions of their full names alluding biblical sin.  Sono Midoriko aka "Sodoko" is a reference to Sodom. Gotou Moyoko, contracted as "Gomoyo " is a reference to Gomorrah, and Konporo Nozomi shortened to "Pazomi" is reference to to the Italian director Pier Paolo Pasolini, who directed the film Salo or the 120 Days of Sodom, which is set during WWII.

One of the most interesting bits is how the Japanese take a serious jab at themselves in WWII in GuP Der Film, in which we are introduced to the Japanese-themed Chi-Ha Tan Academy's team who's main tactic is to make suicidal frontal charges against superior firepower and get massacred in the process and the very belated realization that their tactics amount to idiocy. This however is pretty much a reference to those Banzai charges Japanese troops were often ordered to make straight into waiting machine guns of entrenched Allied troops during the Pacific campaign.

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 6:34 pm

Interestingly, there are certain very subtle jokes in there that only deep research into the series reveals.  

I noticed recently, while looking up info on some of the teams, that some of the groups of supporting characters have names, for example, that are all taken from the works of a particular film director. It's definitely a series filled with "Easter eggs" and "insider references" to amuse only those with very niche interests.

The Simpsons often includes "throw away gags" that probably only a handful of viewers would pick up on. Seems like GuP is similar in that regard. Unfortunately, many of the jokes are probably lost in translation. Humor is not an easy thing to translate, especially when it is based on subtle wordplay.

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 6:52 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
(In case you weren't aware, Sarahdactyl, topic hi-jacking, veering wildly off topic, is frequent and common on the AMMO forum. It's kind of a running gag at this point. Eventually things usually circle back to the subject. Unlike other forums, mods rarely step in to bring things back on track unless they get extremely out of hand or the Original Poster requests. And going to the mods isn't usually necessary, just a gentle "reminder" that, hey, wasn't this topic about.... It's part of the "personality" of this forum.)

Honestly, I wouldn't even call it that. Hijacking.

These placed are discussion forums, so if the discussion veers away from my five simple pics, I'm not going to get hurt of offended.

Infact if I can be totally honest, it kind of bugs me when mods jump in with little reminders. That happens at another of my haunts more often than not.

A place with rather strict rules about what is supposed to go where. Which honestly is a really outdated idea in 2021. So I have my feelings on these matters and I can assure you they're not hurt! I'm happy that something I posted created a discussion. 😃
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 6:56 pm

The humor goes very deep in that series, but you have to understand a lot of things about Japanese culture to get a lot of it.  For instance, all of the schools are in Japan, and all the students Japanese, despite the themes of their schools.  Some appear to be descendants of Americans, Russians or Brits who settled in Japan long ago, but even among the girls of Oorai Academy, there are many, many very un-Japanese looking girls with hair and eye colors that you don't see among Asians...at least naturally. This is probably a common feature of anime, but I think it's also a jab at the Japanese school systems, where probably about 60% of the schools require all the student to have absolutely straight, jet black hair, even if they have to dye it twice a week to keep it that black.  Not coincidentally, the stern and authoritarian student council member Momo Kawashima and the hall monitors are the only ones that come to mind from the original series that conform to these strict rules about appearance.

There as actually a article in the Washington Post a few weeks ago on that subject.  So the Anime introduces both physical and cultural diversity into a country with no cultural diversity whatsoever, and where students are expected to all dress and look alike.  The Japanese have a long history of regimentation and during and prior to WWII actual militarization in their public schools.  

The entire notion introduced in the first episode that Sensa-do is supposed to make you a more beautiful, healthy woman, wife and / or female worker, I think is jab at the militarization of Japanese schools up to 1945.  It's also noted early on that Yukari carries a military mess tin in her backpack everywhere she goes.  What I've learned since first watching the series is that until not that long ago, all Japanese students used to carry these surplus Japanese mess tins, (which were based on the German design) to cook rice in.

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 6:58 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

Honestly, I wouldn't even call it that. Hijacking.

These placed are discussion forums, so if the discussion veers away from my five simple pics, I'm not going to get hurt of offended.

Infact if I can be totally honest, it kind of bugs me when mods jump in with little reminders. That happens at another of my haunts more often than not.

A place with rather strict rules about what is supposed to go where. Which honestly is a really outdated idea in 2021. So I have my feelings on these matters and I can assure you they're not hurt! I'm happy that something I posted created a discussion. 😃

Good to know. We'll try to steer back on topic at some point.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:27 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

I suspect I know which of your haunts you are referencing! Razz

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:37 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:

I suspect I know which of your haunts you are referencing! Razz

Don't get me wrong, I love the forum in question. But honestly, based on the fact that Phicen have more or less become "the main female figure", and Phicen makes males. I think the gendered nature of the subsections on that forum is annoying.

I mean sure we have our girly girls, and our "manly men", but it makes me tempted to create a gender non conforming character and then go, "where do I post them?".

The point is, I get that AMMO is nono on thr nudity which for me is cool. But also what is great about AMMO, is that it's not stuck on making one sixth about one thing.

I want my posts to be the same. I know there are some people who post on MWD who would be "triggered" if you dare deviate from their content, but not me. If I want recognition for my doll posing, I'll just pose more dolls. No temper tantrums here.😄

Kimono Troop Command likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:46 pm

Your new girl would look right at home on board a tank, you know. Just sayin'.... Wink

(We're all gonna end up with 1/6 scale tanks at some point. Just wait!)

RealSarahdactyl likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:47 pm

On MWD I once made a humorous comment on how a 1/6 scale bunker had been sited with large rocks to the front creating an obvious avenue of approach for the attackers and got "reminded" that there was no place for sticklers to military realism on that forum. I have not posted much since as that was something of a turn-off.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:48 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Your new girl would look right at home on board a tank, you know. Just sayin'.... Wink

(We're all gonna end up with 1/6 scale tanks at some point. Just wait!)

One can only hope, Dave. The next time Dragon offers that Sherman, I'm sure to get it and put Saunders University High School decals on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ain't no party... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ain't no party...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next