ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ain't no party...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Ain't no party... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:53 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Your new girl would look right at home on board a tank, you know. Just sayin'.... Wink

(We're all gonna end up with 1/6 scale tanks at some point. Just wait!)

Since seeing this GUP show that Gary has talked about. I sort of want a tank or armored car.

I wish I had got that M3 from 21C but I was a kid when that was readily available.

Kimono Troop Command likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:53 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

I suspect I know which of your haunts you are referencing! Razz

Don't get me wrong, I love the forum in question. But honestly, based on the fact that Phicen have more or less become "the main female figure", and Phicen makes males. I think the gendered nature of the subsections on that forum is annoying.

I mean sure we have our girly girls, and our "manly men", but it makes me tempted to create a gender non conforming character and then go, "where do I post them?".

The point is, I get that AMMO is nono on thr nudity which for me is cool. But also what is great about AMMO, is that it's not stuck on making one sixth about one thing.

I want my posts to be the same. I know there are some people who post on MWD who would be "triggered" if you dare deviate from their content, but not me. If I want recognition for my doll posing, I'll just pose more dolls. No temper tantrums here.😄

I find that some of the other forums are basically mutual admiration societies, and none of them are as interactively fun as AMMO, because the attitudes here are different.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:55 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Your new girl would look right at home on board a tank, you know. Just sayin'.... Wink

(We're all gonna end up with 1/6 scale tanks at some point. Just wait!)

Since seeing this GUP show that Gary has talked about. I sort of want a tank or armored car.

I wish I had got that M3 from 21C but I was a kid when that was readily available.

You'll want tanks even more if you actually watch the whole series, and will want to create figures based on some of the characters.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 8:00 pm

I'd love to find a head sculpt that looks a little bit like Riko Matsumoto, aka "Erwin" from GuP.

https://gup.fandom.com/wiki/Erwin?file=Erwinofficial.png
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 8:45 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
You'll want tanks even more if you actually watch the whole series, and will want to create figures based on some of the characters.

Uh oh! You're telling me to save my wallet, I shouldn't watch it hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 9:00 pm

No, no...I'm just saying that the focus of your interests might widen a bit, is all. If you like tanks and if you like cute anime figures defying the laws of physics somewhat, you will love GuP.

For what it's worth the premise is that all the tanks used must have existed at least in prototype form by the date of Japan's surrender in WWII. All of them are detailed quite accurately in the series, both inside and out, though they are capable of running at speeds even modern thanks have trouble with and capable of climbing slopes no tank can. In fact, in terms of physics, they approach the level of Road Runner cartoons......though not quite. But the tank battles are very exiting and well done, thought they sometimes look more like a cross between the Road Warrior films and Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 10:06 pm

On MWD I once made a humorous comment on how....

Only certain people are allowed to make jokes on that forum, maybe? I've been slapped down a few times, myself. There is very little appreciation for, or tolerance of, irony, sarcasm, or satire. Just have to learn the unwritten rules, I guess. All forums have their own "social etiquette," but... okay, not gonna go too far off on that tangent.

One can only hope, Dave.  The next time Dragon offers that Sherman, I'm sure to get it and put Saunders University High School decals on it.

Probably one of the more affordable options for a 1/6 scale tank. Does Dragon re-issue these kits from time to time? They certainly sell out quickly. It seems like they could undertake a much more significant production run with very little financial risk.

An aspect of this hobby I am finding increasingly frustrating is items selling out during pre-order status, often before they are even in the production stage. Then there is a wait time approaching a year for items to be released.

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

Oh, me too! This one: https://www.armortek.co.uk/product/1914-armoured-car/

I'd love to find a head sculpt that looks a little bit like Riko Matsumoto, aka "Erwin" from GuP.

Stop! Now you're taunting me! Drool

(Maybe YMToys YMT032C if you were ambitious enough to try a re-root or re-wig?)

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 10:23 pm

Dragon seems to re-issue its major kits in a cyclical fashion. They'll produce the M4 for a short period, then switch over to the Panzer II, then to the jeep, no MG, the Jeep with .30 MG, and in the last cycle they produced both the M4 and jeep 50 around the same time. I think they also produce a couple of other kits. Every now and again, they add something to an existing or produce something entirely new. The molds they use to produce these kits can easily cost into the hundreds of thousands of dollars to make in the first place, so they don't just throw them away after one issue.

With the M4, it did not sell out on Monkey Depot during the pre-order window and was available to order direct for a short time. I think that might have been extended by the Covid crisis actually, as probably a lot of collectors might be out of work at the moment. I have no desire for a Pz.II but would instantly go for a III, or IV or a Stug. I would really love it if Dragon released an M4 with 76mm gun....preferably also with HVSS suspension, and I would go ape if they released an upgunned Israeli Sherman, say Mk.50 with the High Velocity 75mm. They could do that using the existing hull molds, but would need to cast a new turret, gun, suspension and tracks. I'd pre-order either an Easy Eight or Mk. 50 without hesitation.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 10:53 pm

I have no desire for a Pz.II but would instantly go for a III, or IV or a Stug.  

I like the looks of the Panzer II, but as tanks go it is relatively small. For 1/6 purposes, I would prefer something with three or more hatches in which to display figures.

I think I'll start a "tank rambling" topic... or "tank party" (in keeping with the original post in this thread) topic, in which to keep this discussion going:

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t11569-tank-party-i-want-a-16-tank-how-bout-you

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 12:27 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

In fact if I can be totally honest, it kind of bugs me when mods jump in with little reminders. That happens at another of my haunts more often than not.

Rolling Eyes  Yeah, tell me about it! There's a topic about making 1/6 scale barrels and casks on another forum. One of the commenters mentioned the old Barrel of Monkeys game and how those barrels would probably work for 1/6. I mentioned that I remembered that game, and I agree, the barrels were the most interesting part.

And guess what? "A gentle reminder before we stray too far off topic, ok?"

Talk about a "zero tolerance" policy!

And back on topic here: RealSarahdactyl, are those the same boots your new female fig is wearing that user Camwader featured on his "Yellow" post earlier today on Flickr and the other forums? They're really cool, I like them! Those "stone-washed" jeans are nice, too! And the jacket! The whole outfit. Is that something you put together from separates, or is it from one outfit? The pieces integrate nicely. Those boots are great! (Are they the "M-082 Russian Battle Angel" boots?)

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 12:33 am

I can't believe anyone was thinking you were straying off-topic. And yes..Barrel of Monkeys barrels, would make excellent 1/6 scale barrels, since barrels come in many sizes, from kegs to casks. There is really no scale issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ain't no party...   Ain't no party... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ain't no party...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2