ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Repairing Hank's old war wound!

Go down 
+5
gibri
Chip
BAMComix
TheOneManKid
somekindajoe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Repairing Hank's old war wound! Empty
PostSubject: Repairing Hank's old war wound!   Repairing Hank's old war wound! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 6:55 pm

I thought I'd have a go at fixing Hank's old war wound. No not the firework burn/melt mark on his a***, the bald patch on his beard! lol!

Repairing Hank's old war wound! 172560423-3781207595267953-2914156862663421260-n

Hank earnt this battle scar engaging in so much fisty-cuffs back in the day. Before Action Man had girly soft Kung-Fu rubber grippers you really knew about it when you got a hard hands plastic fist in the kisser!

Repairing Hank's old war wound! Chin
As a kid I'd make my VAM 'fight' by holding their hand and literally punching, very realistic I used to think. until I'd miss and my finger rather than VAM's fist made contact! Ouch! Shocked

Over the years this impact spot got very smooth and polished and so when Hank was re-flocked in 2014 it didn't stick to that area at all well. His trade mark bald patch soon re-appeared despite him having no further hard hand fists to the face!

I then saw an excellent youtube video by Toy-Polloi (link below) where he shakes a flock filled plastic bottle as a make shift static electricity flocking device and....

Repairing Hank's old war wound! 178437016-3820714524650593-5640691884523986913-n

Hank's a handsome devil again!

Repairing Hank's old war wound! 178604798-3820714741317238-5619007619797173728-n

The youtube link. The flocking starts at 8.45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pyolWsjlQ4

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

BAMComix, gibri, TheOneManKid and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Hank's old war wound!   Repairing Hank's old war wound! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 7:21 pm

...and they actually got dressed up in vintage togs to reenact the fight scene! Hank is now even more handsome and just getting better and better with age... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Hank's old war wound!   Repairing Hank's old war wound! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 9:11 pm

Great too see the old sea dog looking as good as new bounce . Top work Steve cheers
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Hank's old war wound!   Repairing Hank's old war wound! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 12:07 am

Great fix . Big improvement .

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Hank's old war wound!   Repairing Hank's old war wound! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 12:52 am

Wow, great fix, Steve!!!

He looks good enough for shore leave...

cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Hank's old war wound!   Repairing Hank's old war wound! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 4:54 am

Very interesting flocking technique!

I've seen on forums where guys work on electrostatic machines to do flocking.

During the video he mentioned his deep sea diver restoration, and I watched
those as well. Some other great repair tips on those.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Hank's old war wound!   Repairing Hank's old war wound! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2022 9:39 pm

Just catching up with it now Steve. Great job to fix that hole in Hank's biscuit !! cheers

His old shipmate is very impressed. Very Happy  Very Happy

I was tempted to re-flock Spud with full beard as per original modelled by Hank during some of my madder moments in lockdown. I have resisted so far though....

Repairing Hank's old war wound! 20180804-190812

Kev.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Hank's old war wound!   Repairing Hank's old war wound! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2022 10:40 pm

chicks dig scars Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Hank's old war wound!   Repairing Hank's old war wound! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2022 8:03 pm

JohnnyE4 wrote:
chicks dig scars Laughing

Spud looks perfect as he is! That might sound a bit hypocritical seeing as Hank has had 'some work done Rolling Eyes ' but he was just play worn, he didn't have cool scars with a history like Spud! Cool

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Hank's old war wound!   Repairing Hank's old war wound! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2022 12:17 am

somekindajoe wrote:
Spud looks perfect as he is! That might sound a bit hypocritical seeing as Hank has had 'some work done  Rolling Eyes ' but he was just play worn, he didn't have cool scars with a history like Spud! Cool

You're right Steve Very Happy
I must admit I was momentarily tempted to put him under the flocker a couple of times, but he has way too much character in that cut up face of his.

He's been like that for over forty years now since my two 'sissor sisters' got to him all that time ago. He'll remain that way. Smile

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Hank's old war wound!   Repairing Hank's old war wound! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 8:16 am

I agree with Steve..Spud looks super cool..his scars are part of his history 😎😎

Most excellent link Steve, Interestingly Dreadnought has a similar bald patch.
Repairing Hank's old war wound! F245410C-CCA7-4356-B0B9-54995D0DA224

Gunner HQ policy is to accept , PH scars, rubs etc "as they are"...but now I'm wondering if Dreadnought and a few other Fuzz heads might benefit from this excellent link? Great find Steve👍🏻👏👏😊
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Hank's old war wound!   Repairing Hank's old war wound! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 8:54 pm

It's an easy enough fix Steve if you do go down that road with Dreadnought.  
Puffer bottles can be had from Noch if you want to get some basic patch- flocking kit together.

https://www.noch.com/puffer-bottle/08100/?msclkid=2373b7b2aed011eca7080c65e4b098d0

Have a look around on that site, they have a nice dark brown grass 2mm flock that can work well for patches.

Steve's coke bottle is perfectly acceptable though too as you can see from the handsome devil that is Hank Very Happy

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Hank's old war wound!   Repairing Hank's old war wound! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repairing Hank's old war wound!
Page 1 of 1