ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Repairing VAM bald patches

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Paintedhead5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Paintedhead5121

Repairing VAM bald patches Empty
PostSubject: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:49 pm

I have several heads which need re flocking. In an attempt to save money I decided to patch up a few bald spots to save on the cost of full re flocks.

I read the tip here or on AMHQ to use flock from kaput heads so had a go and it was a success.
I patched up the beard of my adventurer and two eagle eye heads using patches of flock that were still attached to their original adhesive that I had managed to cerfully remove from a doner, and a third EE head by sprinkling flock shavings onto thin patches of 'hair'.

Whilst I was doing this my four year old son walked in, picked up a head that needed flocking and announced in a totally dead pan manner that 'this one is like daddy, it has no hair on top'.
Out of the mouths of babes and all that, my wife laughed so much I thought she was going to have an accident.

And for the record, I do have hair on top, just not the thick covering I had, before we had bl00dy kids!!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:30 pm

sounds like you did a great job mate  cheers 
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Sounds like a success!  Very Happy 

Paintedhead5121

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:54 pm

Yes it was. I am happy with the results.
I had nothing to lose if it didn't work. They would have just had a full flock.
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 3:04 pm

Any before and after pictures ?

Paintedhead5121

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:30 pm

Who, me or the Action men?
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:07 am

Well both if your happy, but I was referring to your VAM  What a Face 

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:36 am

love to see some pics
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Sounds like a sucessful mission I also would like to see the before and after shots if they are available well done  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Paintedhead5121
Paintedhead5121

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:53 pm

I don't have any before pictures, but when I get sorted with how to post images I will do some after shots.
the only problem is I had a swap around of heads, and other than the adventuer I cannot remember where the patched up heads ended up.

(I am getting closer to being able to post pictures, I have found my old camera and a memory card, just need to get a Photbucket account sorted)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repairing VAM bald patches
Page 1 of 1