ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Empty
PostSubject: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2021 10:52 am

Jungle Dart 1998.
The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   IMG-5846

Jungle Dart 2000.
The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   6554-E33-E-F8-A4-4794-B062-CEBEC426-F862

Jungle Atak 2003.
The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   76-CD7102-4087-4-AD6-BD5-F-47030-DC625-E8

Blow Pipe 2009.
The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   DCFFD20-B-7-BED-4-E87-9142-BAAA083730-A3

Group shot of all four of them.
The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   IMG-5847

All four of the MAM Blow Pipe sets came with the same three green tipped darts.

Last edited by Professor Gangrene Fan on Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:13 am; edited 4 times in total

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2021 10:57 am

Wow, I didn't know there were three versions!

I think I have the first one. But I got him loose and don't have the darts for him.

Nice collection, and thanks for showing us all three versions.

Daryl
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2021 11:06 am

TNshooter wrote:
Wow, I didn't know there were three versions!

I think I have the first one. But I got him loose and don't have the darts for him.

Nice collection, and thanks for showing us all three versions.

Daryl

Well now you know that there were three versions Daryl Very Happy. That’s a real shame that you don’t have the three darts for the Jungle Dart 2000 set Sad. It was my pleasure to showing all three versions.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 5:48 am

Hasbro Action Man Jungle Dart:

The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Dartman1

The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Dartman2

The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Dartman3

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 6:10 am

TNshooter wrote:
But I got him loose and don't have the darts for him. Daryl
The thinnest wooden kitchen skewers cut to length work just as well, and you can easily make dozens of them! You can use the pointy end and they will stick into targets!
(I too have one of these figures and it also came without darts.)

Last edited by LeStryge on Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 7:13 am

That's good to know LeStryge!

I happen to have a package of kitchen skewers, got a pack for cheap when I saw them
at the grocery store, after seeing on other forums that guys were finding all kinds of uses
for them.

Thanks!

Daryl

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 7:43 am

LeStryge wrote:
The thinnest wooden kitchen skewers cut to length work just as well, and you can easily make dozens of them! You can use the pointy end and they will stick into targets!

TNshooter wrote:
I happen to have a package of kitchen skewers, got a pack for cheap when I saw them
at the grocery store....

You kids are gonna put somebody's eye out! pirat

(But now I gotta try this!)

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 7:55 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

LeStryge wrote:

TNshooter wrote:
at the grocery store....

lol! lol! lol! @ Dave!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 8:16 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 10:14 am

That’s brilliant to see that you’ve got the Hasbro Action Man Jungle Dart figure Dave. Your going to have lots of fun making AM shoot darts at your two Doctor Evils TEHE.

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 12:58 am

As I mentioned above, you have to find the very thinnest bamboo skewers to fit INSIDE the blowpipe. (Which of course is more realistic.)
The thicker ones just won't go in.(ATA.......?    Embarassed )
The original things that came with the set were thick bamboo patterned plastic tubes and actually fitted OVER the pipe.

HOWEVER I HAVE JUST MADE ANOTHER DISCOVERY!
Can't find skewers thin enough?
Get some toothpicks, the ones that are of uniform size all the way down, (NOT those old fashioned tapered things) and they work perfectly!
They fit inside the pipe and as a bonus they are also pointed at both ends!

I have the middle figure as shown in Alex's excellent reference photo above, but mine didn't have his original shorts or the dart holder that you see strapped to his thigh when I found him.
Have never  before seen the tiger fellow with his snazzy matching hair-do!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 5:25 am

My blow-pipe feller.
(The shorts and headband are my own additions, not original release.)

The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   9clOpO

And here's those toothpicks that work so well as substitute darts.

The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   MOWeze
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 3:49 pm

The custom headband looks much better than the molded plastic one that comes with some of the sets.

I’ll need to try those “restaurant style” toothpicks as darts... if I ever open the packaging of my Jungle Dart set.

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 10:58 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
I’ll need to try those “restaurant style” toothpicks as darts... if I ever open the packaging of my Jungle Dart set.
If you open your packaged one then you will surely have the original plastic missiles, but they don't stick to any target.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 6:20 am

I have a large French animal tapestry on my wall, (yes, a remnant from my former Petit Chateau reign Rolling Eyes ) and found this after some guests had taken quite an interest in my blow-dart figure!

The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Dezc6r

I'm still on the lookout for one of those side holsters that holds the spare darts though.
I seem to have all sorts of odd looking holsters in my spares box but not one of those unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 6:42 am

That is hilarious!

(I hope the tapestry was not damaged!)

You must throw quite the entertaining parties!

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 7:32 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
I hope the tapestry was not damaged!
In its long history I'm sure that tapestry has witnessed (and born) FAR more dangerous onslaughts than a few toothpicks! lol!
A couple of revolutions for a start?
Besides, they missed the pheasant!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.    The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The four different versions of jungle dart set reference thread.
Page 1 of 1