ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?

Go down 
+6
Porky
Rogue-Trooper
TheNewGIjOEwithKungFuGrip
RealSarahdactyl
TNshooter
somekindajoe
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Empty
PostSubject: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2022 10:00 am

What would you like to try and achieve in the hobby this year – 2022?

French Resistance
somekindajoe

What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2022 12:45 pm

LeStryge wrote:
STOP spending SO much money on it, but in truth that probably won't happen........

I don't seem to buy much at all now days. My new year resolution is the same as every year...try and get more VAM time!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2022 3:14 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
LeStryge wrote:
STOP spending SO much money on it, but in truth that probably won't happen........

I don't seem to buy much at all now days. My new year resolution is the same as every year...try and get more VAM time!

Well Steve, I really hope that you do manage to have more VAM time this year.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2022 11:34 pm

SCU-HQ's ACTION FIGURE HOBBY GOALS FOR 2022:

This year, I hope to focus on a few primary projects and maintain progress on those projects rather than allowing myself to be distracted by fleeting "That would be cool! No, wait, this would be even more cool" ideas... and expenditures.

Here is a list of my 2022 goals... as they stand at the moment:

*Successfully complete another A Doll A Day (ADAD) photography project!*
(A Doll A Day - every day, I take and post a doll or action figure photo. Usually I post the images to a forum called Dolly Market, or to Flickr.)With the outlook for 2022 looking as or even more bleak than 2021, I NEED this project to give me a reason to wake up each day. The coronavirus situation is looking bad, the political situation is looking worse, and really... well, I'll keep posting doll and figure photos as a way to remain "distanced" from the outside world, while, to the best of my ability, objectively observing the chaos that continues to ensue. I truly hope I am wrong, but I predict a dire year ahead for the United States and, as a result, for the rest of the world. All I will be able to do is laugh at all the idiots as they begin to realize what they have allowed to happen; and gloat over their deluded misery as they cry, "we didn't think they'd do THAT!" If things go as badly as I ex-pect, there will be no ADAD 2023 from me. (But... I said that last year about 2022, and yet, here I am!)

SPECIFIC SUB-GOALS:

PHOTOGRAPHY:
1. Successfully complete the A Doll A Day photography project, posting online to the Dolly Market Forum and Flickr.
2. Transition back to a DSLR camera from a Point-n-Shoot camera.

DIORAMAS:
1. Build a "laboratory" diorama patterned after the one constructed by our late Flickr friend MiskatonicNick and the sets constructed by our new online friend The Reverend Spooky.

Here are a couple of Nick's Flickr photos I'm using as inspiration:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/toyville/6821953908/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/toyville/8334196626/

And here is some of The Rev's stuff:

http://www.reverendspooky.com/news/loft-work-in-progress-2
http://www.reverendspooky.com/the-haunting-of-brightwood-asylum-part-2.html

2. Complete required maintenance and finish up minor details on existing dioramas as needed for photo-shoots.
3. Construct a "Haunted Library" diorama (inspired by the 2020 Pullip Doll convention theme). Reference photo: https://www.puuikibeach.com/images/ammo/abandoned_library1.jpg
4. The Pinky Street girls would really like to see their tiki hut rebuilt, and maybe their pub hangout, too.
5. Build a couple of 1/12 scale room boxes for the smaller figs.
6. Construct a steampunk airship gondola.
7. Construct a "retro" sci-fi rocketship control room in 1/6 scale.
8. Construct a "nice" room, a "sweet" room, a "pretty" room, one that is (largely) devoid of snark and sarcasm, one without bars on the windows or dismal grey stone walls; a room like my Flickr friend CooperSky builds.  Reference photo: https://flickr.com/photos/135742756@N07/50800576432/

PHOTO-STORIES:
1. Revive and continue my Tales from the Dollie Dungeon photo-story.
2. Continue participation in the Action Man Mobile Ops group story project, Hidden in the Shadows.
3. Post an occasional Smart Doll photo-story.
4. Include the 1/12 scale figures in some photo-stories, either stand-alone or in conjunction with other figures.

FORUMS:
1. Maintain an active presence at Dolly Market and complete the A Doll A Day 2022 Challenge.
2. Maintain an active presence at AMMO (Action Man Mobile Ops).
3. Maintain a somewhat active presence at the One Sixth Figures forum.
4. Visit and post at Figurvore at least once a month. I mean, if somebody is willing to keep the forum hosted, it's worth supporting.
5. Try to not get annoyed and delete my accounts or memberships in a reactionary manner. Take some time, let it stew, build up a grudge, then delete the accounts in genuine rage!

ACQUISITIONS:
1. On-going recruitment of members for the Ameliæ Escadrille Ærodrome. (A specific Pullip doll, of which I currently have nine.)
2. Maybe thin the doll and figure herd a little bit.
3. Try... try really hard... to NOT BUY ANYTHING, dolls or figures or accessories, for three months, ninety days, starting in 3...2...1... GO!
(A screamin' deal on a Pullip Amelia would be a legitimate exception!)

OTHER:
1. Get some EXERCISE and LOSE some WEIGHT!
What does this have to do with dolls, toys, or action figures? A lot, if you're doing outdoor photography at ground level, or travel photography, or if your little dolly friends like to climb around on old machines or ex-plore abandoned buildings. So yeah, this is kind of an important objective this year, because I have really let myself go ever since the You-Know-What started and even more since... other stuff.
2. Stock up on ammunition if it ever becomes available again: .38 special and .375 H&H.
What does this have to do with toys, dolls, or action figures? Not much, actually, other than, like A Doll A Day, serving as a symbolic gesture to fend off despair and madness. And zombies.

Okay, so...

WHAT ARE YOUR DOLL & TOY HOBBY GOALS FOR 2022?

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2022 4:10 am

Wow Dave, that is quite a detailed thought of the new year.

I personally don't make new year's resolutions. Because I know I won't live up to them.
I don't think that many people do.

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2022 7:20 am

I would like to try and achieve in the hobby this year take more random outside pictures that are actually my own, when the weather gets better I’ll be doing that hopefully. Dad to finish my mam room, which he is very close to finishing. Open up my vehicle sets, getting each vehicle put together, stickers on, which I’ll get help doing then finally display as many vehicles with drivers in them. I’m going to try and achieve to keep my mam room tidy.

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2022 5:28 am

Try to not preorder any more boxed figures... but there are some cool modern Russians coming out, and I need one particular Phicen for the mini me of my friend.

Try to taper spending on loose parts... but I have so many things I need.

Try to finish existing characters... but I keep thinking of new ones.

Start my Saga now I have comic life.

Build my werewolf.
Make more furniture.
Finish warehouse diorama.
Make indoor space and street storefront dioramas.

MAKE DOLL PUB!!!

More female characters.

Work on British gang, Russian gang, start new gang.

Repaint several doll vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 1:11 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Try to not preorder any more boxed figures... but there are some cool modern Russians coming out, and I need one particular Phicen for the mini me of my friend.

Try to taper spending on loose parts... but I have so many things I need.

Try to finish existing characters... but I keep thinking of new ones.

Start my Saga now I have comic life.

Build my werewolf.
Make more furniture.
Finish warehouse diorama.
Make indoor space and street storefront dioramas.

MAKE DOLL PUB!!!

More female characters.

That's quite an ambitious list there, Sarah, but congratulations on getting Comic Life. It will make it so much easier for you to tell you stories. I wish I could build furniture as well as you!

Work on British gang, Russian gang, start new gang.

Repaint several doll vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 1:23 am

1. Stop spending as much on action figures, parts and clothing for a the aforementioned. Haha!  This is the least likely to happen.

2. Finish the damned 1/6 scale jeep that arrived last January and which I have so far only done a little work on over the summer.

3. Go from one single universe and story line to four, making use of figures that I have acquired but don't fit very well in the Kimono Troop Universe. These will be:

a. Lana the vampire / demon / werewolf hunter / gunfighter and weird kind of nun.

b. The Star Patrol retro sci-fi in conjunction with Dave at SCU_HQ

c.  My anime universe. Still working out the concepts for that one.

4. Build better looking dioramas.

5. Continue posting chapters in the joint comic with Dal, Dave, Colin and others.

And oh, yeah...6. Build a retro spaceship interior for Commander Keiko Kobayashi of the Star Patrol.

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 1:59 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:

And oh, yeah...6.  Build a retro spaceship interior for Commander Keiko Kobayashi of the Star Patrol.

I went back to my list and added a similar goal earlier today. Razz

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 2:07 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Kimono Troop Command wrote:

And oh, yeah...6.  Build a retro spaceship interior for Commander Keiko Kobayashi of the Star Patrol.

I went back to my list and added a similar goal earlier today. Razz

It was that very post that reminded me that I had to do that.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 6:29 am

I bought it in December right after finals. Super disappointed. Granted I've not made a comic yet, but the templates are bland.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 1:14 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Granted I've not made a comic yet, but the templates are bland.

For what it's worth, I rarely use any of the built-in templates. I set up my page size, then select "Graphic Novel" and drag the single panel template on to the page, and go from there, resizing single panels to suit my needs.

It took me a while to discover, but clicking on the "Inspector" icon (blue "i" icon at top right) brings up a control panel that allows for a number of changes - changing the borders of panels, changing the style of tails on balloons, changing line thickness, adjusting fonts and "glyphs" (which are the 'effects' lettering), and even adjusting sharpness and color of images. Creating a "basic" comic is straightforward, but there are lots of options for customization, which can be time-consuming to discover and to figure out how to use.

Also, using the "format" menu in the top menu bar, select "format –>font –>show fonts" to allow access to all of the fonts you have installed on your computer. You are not limited to the styles supplied with Comic Life.

Admittedly, most of my comic panels are pretty basic. To allow for easier online readability, I usually do single panels per page, or two panels per page with a vertical layout. I don't usually attempt full-on "comic book" style multi-panel pages.

To me, the most useful aspect of Comic Life is being able to create dialog balloons quickly and easily, rather than "drawing" them in a cumbersome manner using Photoshop or other software.

I suppose I could add another item to my Goals List: Become More Proficient with Comic Life!

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 3:46 pm

I want to learn some more photography skills. I've enjoying lots of impressive Action Man and Toy photography on Instagram over the past year and I'd definitely like to get closer to their level.

I also plan to finally get around to restoring my childhood original GIjOEs. They're all missing uniform pops, and a couple have detached hands and/or limbs.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 3:57 pm

See, I didn't know you could do that, though I did wonder how you did some of your single image panels as I did not see templates for doing that sort of thing anywhere.

Like Sarah, I'm a bit disappointed with the template background themselves, ad mainly use the same one for most of my stuff. Like you, I find the main advantage to Comic Life is being able to put speech balloons in easily. Where I was doing it in Photoshop before was just bloody painful.

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 3:44 am

SCU-HQ's ACTION FIGURE HOBBY GOALS FOR 2022 - Q1 UPDATE:

Here is an update on my 2022 goals as of the end of the first quarter (first three months) of 2022:

A Doll A Day - every day, I take and post a doll or action figure photo. Usually I post the images to a forum called Dolly Market, or to Flickr. STATUS: ON TRACK

SPECIFIC SUB-GOALS:

PHOTOGRAPHY:
1. Successfully complete the A Doll A Day photography project, posting online to the Dolly Market Forum and Flickr. STATUS: ON TRACK
2. Transition back to a DSLR camera from a Point-n-Shoot camera. STATUS: NO PROGRESS

DIORAMAS:
1. Build a "laboratory" diorama patterned after the one constructed by our late Flickr friend MiskatonicNick and the sets constructed by our new online friend The Reverend Spooky. STATUS: NO PROGRESS
2. Complete required maintenance and finish up minor details on existing dioramas as needed for photo-shoots. STATUS: NO PROGRESS
3. Construct a "Haunted Library" diorama. STATUS: NO PROGRESS
4. The Pinky Street girls would really like to see their tiki hut rebuilt, and maybe their pub hangout, too.STATUS: NO PROGRESS.
5. Build a couple of 1/12 scale room boxes for the smaller figs.STATUS: NO PROGRESS
6. Construct a steampunk airship gondola. STATUS: PROGRESS - MERGED IN TO SPACESHIP CONTROL ROOM
7. Construct a "retro" sci-fi rocketship control room in 1/6 scale. STATUS: BASIC STRUCTURE CONSTRUCTED; DETAIL WORK REQUIRED.
8. Construct a "nice" room, a "sweet" room, a "pretty" room. STATUS: NO PROGRESS

PHOTO-STORIES:
1. Revive and continue my Tales from the Dollie Dungeon photo-story. STATUS: NO PROGRESS
2. Continue participation in the Action Man Mobile Ops group story project, Hidden in the Shadows. STATUS: TWO INSTALLMENTS COMPLETED
3. Post an occasional Smart Doll photo-story. STATUS: NO PROGRESS
4. Include the 1/12 scale figures in some photo-stories, either stand-alone or in conjunction with other figures. STATUS: NO PROGRESS - CONSIDERING TRANSITIONING OUT OF 1/12 FIGURES
5. (New Goal) Regularly produce short episodes for the sci-fi parody "Star Patrol" joint project.
6. (New Goal) Revisit the travails of The Doctors Evil, Cousin Monday, and Kenna.

FORUMS:
1. Maintain an active presence at Dolly Market and complete the A Doll A Day 2022 Challenge. STATUS: ON TRACK
2. Maintain an active presence at AMMO (Action Man Mobile Ops).STATUS: ON TRACK
3. Maintain a somewhat active presence at the One Sixth Figures forum.STATUS: ON TRACK
4. Visit and post at Figurvore at least once a month. STATUS: ON TRACK
5. Try to not get annoyed and delete my accounts or memberships in a reactionary manner. STATUS: SO FAR, SO GOOD

ACQUISITIONS:
1. On-going recruitment of members for the Ameliæ Escadrille Ærodrome. (A specific Pullip doll, of which I currently have nine.) STATUS: NO PROGRESS
2. Maybe thin the doll and figure herd a little bit. STATUS: NO PROGRESS
3. Try... try really hard... to NOT BUY ANYTHING, dolls or figures or accessories, for three months, ninety days, starting in 3...2...1... GO! STATUS: TOTAL FAIL!

OTHER:
1. Get some EXERCISE and LOSE some WEIGHT! STATUS: INITIAL PROGRESS FOLLOWED BY REGRESSION. PRESENTLY REGROUPING TO GET BACK ON TRACK
2. Stock up on ammunition if it ever becomes available again. STATUS: NO PROGRESS

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:02 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
2. Stock up on ammunition if it ever becomes available again. STATUS: NO PROGRESS
Fortress Dave?
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 2:56 pm

I'd really like to regain my interest in all things 1/6th. Crying or Very sad

Chris
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 3:20 pm

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Fortress Dave?

A psychological crutch. Or perhaps an "I can still do this, to an extent, while the rest of the world can't" sort of thing. I can't help but shake my head and laugh when I see television coverage of "preppers" and "survivalists," nearly all of whom are fat middle-aged and old guys stocking up on ammunition and military field rations to survive; to survive what, exactly, I'm not sure.

Rogue-Trooper wrote:

Spend some time on eBay or Giantoy. Buy some cool new thing that costs a lot more than you are comfortable spending. That'll rekindle your interest! Works every time! No Evil or Very Mad No

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 3:22 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:

Look on eBay or Giantoy and buy some cool new thing that you can't afford. That'll do it! Works every time! Evil or Very Mad

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2022 12:09 am

Well, we're halfway through the year! It'd be nice to be able to believe the second half will be better than the first, wouldn't it?

Anyway... mid-year means it is time for another hobby goals quarterly update:

SCU-HQ's ACTION FIGURE HOBBY GOALS FOR 2022 - Q2 UPDATE:

Here is an update on my 2022 goals as of the end of the second quarter quarter (first six months) of 2022:

A Doll A Day - every day, I take and post a doll or action figure photo. Usually I post the images to a forum called Dolly Market, or to Flickr.  STATUS: ON TRACK - ADAD2022 is now being cross-posted to The Dal House Forum in response to Dolly Market occasionally going off-line due to spam attacks.

SPECIFIC SUB-GOALS:

PHOTOGRAPHY:
1. Successfully complete the A Doll A Day photography project, posting online to the Dolly Market Forum and Flickr. STATUS: ON TRACK - Cross-Posting to The Dal House Forum
2. Transition back to a DSLR camera from a Point-n-Shoot camera. STATUS: NO PROGRESS

DIORAMAS:
1. Build a "laboratory" diorama patterned after the one constructed by our late Flickr friend MiskatonicNick and the sets constructed by our new online friend The Reverend Spooky. STATUS: NO PROGRESS YET – I began looking at reference photos again yesterday and today.
2. Complete required maintenance and finish up minor details on existing dioramas as needed for photo-shoots. STATUS: Resurrected a partially completed dungeon set, repurposed a former Smart Doll set, and brought a new Smart Doll set up to functional condition.
4. The Pinky Street girls would really like to see their tiki hut rebuilt, and maybe their pub hangout, too.STATUS: NO PROGRESS.
5. Build a couple of 1/12 scale room boxes for the smaller figs.STATUS: Beginning to SELL OFF most of the 1/12-scale figures. Goal cancelled.
6. Construct a steampunk airship gondola. STATUS: PROGRESS - MERGED IN TO SPACESHIP CONTROL ROOM - NO PROGRESS SINCE Q1.
7. Construct a "retro" sci-fi rocketship control room in 1/6 scale. STATUS: BASIC STRUCTURE CONSTRUCTED; DETAIL WORK REQUIRED. NO PROGRESS SINCE Q1.
8. Construct a "nice" room, a "sweet" room, a "pretty" room. STATUS: Tentative start to a "kitchen" diorama, but that's not exactly what I had in mind, so NO PROGRESS.

PHOTO-STORIES:
1. Revive and continue my Tales from the Dollie Dungeon photo-story. STATUS: NO PROGRESS
2. Continue participation in the Action Man Mobile Ops group story project, Hidden in the Shadows. STATUS: NO INSTALLMENTS COMPLETED DURING Q2.
3. Post an occasional Smart Doll photo-story. STATUS: A few Smart Doll single panel adventures, but no "stories" in full photo-story format.
4. Include the 1/12 scale figures in some photo-stories, either stand-alone or in conjunction with other figures. STATUS: Beginning to transition away from 1/12-scale figures. Some have been sold, others to be listed for sale soon.
5. (New Goal) Regularly produce short episodes for the sci-fi parody "Star Patrol" joint project. STATUS: Temporary hiatus; additional costumes and props on order.
6. (New Goal) Revisit the travails of The Doctors Evil, Cousin Monday, and Kenna. STATUS: completed a few short installments tangential to the main storyline.

FORUMS:
1. Maintain an active presence at Dolly Market and complete the A Doll A Day 2022 Challenge. STATUS: ON TRACK
2. Maintain an active presence at AMMO (Action Man Mobile Ops).STATUS: ON TRACK
3. Maintain a somewhat active presence at the One Sixth Figures forum.STATUS: ON TRACK
5. Try to not get annoyed and delete my accounts or memberships in a reactionary manner. STATUS: SO FAR, SO GOOD -- Instagram is teetering on the edge, though.

ACQUISITIONS:
1. On-going recruitment of members for the Ameliæ Escadrille Ærodrome. (A specific Pullip doll, of which I currently have nine.) STATUS: NO PROGRESS; none have come up for sale.
2. Maybe thin the doll and figure herd a little bit. STATUS: Sold a significant number of Monster High dolls... but ended up buying more seamless action figure stuff.
3. Try... try really hard... to NOT BUY ANYTHING, dolls or figures or accessories, for three months, ninety days, starting in 3...2...1... GO! STATUS: STARTING AGAIN NOW, 1 JULY!

OTHER:
1. Get some EXERCISE and LOSE some WEIGHT! STATUS: INITIAL PROGRESS FOLLOWED BY REGRESSION... followed by further regression. Ice cream tastes good in the summertime!
2. Stock up on ammunition if it ever becomes available again. STATUS: picked up a few boxes. How much stock should one have on hand for the Zombie Apocalypse?

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 7:41 pm

I keep wanting to try some simple stop motion animation ( using AMs of course) whether I'll get round to it before the year is out is another matter, I've got a number of kitbashy type things to do first really, not to mention some 1:1 scale stuff involving old cars Smile
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2022 7:41 pm

The third quarter of 2022 is winding down! It's time to re-visit my 2022 goals list to see how things are looking.

davidd's ACTION FIGURE HOBBY GOALS FOR 2022 - Q3 UPDATE:

Here is an update on my 2022 goals as of the end of the third quarter quarter (first nine months) of 2022:

A Doll A Day - every day, I take and post a doll or action figure photo. Usually I post the images to a forum called Dolly Market, or to Flickr.   STATUS: ON TRACK

SPECIFIC SUB-GOALS:

PHOTOGRAPHY:
1. Successfully complete the A Doll A Day photography project, posting online to the Dolly Market Forum and Flickr. STATUS: ON TRACK
2. Transition back to a DSLR camera from a Point-n-Shoot camera. STATUS: NO PROGRESS... but I'm gonna find my camera and my camera book and dive in to it RIGHT NOW; or, as soon as I finish this update!

DIORAMAS:
1. Build a "laboratory" diorama patterned after the one constructed by our late Flickr friend MiskatonicNick and the sets constructed by our new online friend The Reverend Spooky. STATUS: NO PROGRESS
2. Complete required maintenance and finish up minor details on existing dioramas as needed for photo-shoots. STATUS: partially rebuilt a pub-bar set, cleaned out and disposed of some extra constructon materials aka junk that I no longer need.
5. Build a couple of 1/12 scale room boxes for the smaller figs.STATUS: Goal cancelled.
6. Construct a steampunk airship gondola. STATUS: PROGRESS - MERGED IN TO SPACESHIP CONTROL ROOM - NO PROGRESS SINCE Q1.
7. Construct a "retro" sci-fi rocketship control room in 1/6 scale. STATUS: briefly worked on this before losing interest again.
8. Construct a "nice" room, a "sweet" room, a "pretty" room. STATUS: This ain't gonna happen. GOAL CANCELLED. I'll do some more work on my kitchen diorama instead.

PHOTO-STORIES:
2. Continue participation in the Action Man Mobile Ops group story project, Hidden in the Shadows. STATUS: NO INSTALLMENTS COMPLETED DURING Q3.
3. Post an occasional Smart Doll photo-story. STATUS: NO PROGRESS.
4. Include the 1/12 scale figures in some photo-stories, either stand-alone or in conjunction with other figures. STATUS: GOAL CANCELLED.
5. (New Goal) Regularly produce short episodes for the sci-fi parody "Star Patrol" joint project. STATUS: Temporary hiatus continues. Costumes & props purchased but not yet put to use.
6. (New Goal) Revisit the travails of The Doctors Evil, Cousin Monday, and Kenna. STATUS: NO PROGRESS.

FORUMS:
2. Maintain an active presence at AMMO (Action Man Mobile Ops).STATUS: BRIEF HIATUS, now BACK ON TRACK
5. Try to not get annoyed and delete my accounts or memberships in a reactionary manner. STATUS: SO FAR, SO GOOD -- Instagram is teetering on the edge, though.

ACQUISITIONS:
1. On-going recruitment of members for the Ameliæ Escadrille Ærodrome. (A specific Pullip doll, of which I currently have nine.) STATUS: NO PROGRESS; there's one for sale now BUT I HAVE NO MONEY!!!!!
2. Maybe thin the doll and figure herd a little bit. STATUS: No additional sales. Hope to sell some things in October.
3. Try... try really hard... to NOT BUY ANYTHING, dolls or figures or accessories, for three months, ninety days, starting in 3...2...1... GO! STATUS: I'm totally broke, so... doing pretty well on this!

OTHER:
1. Get some EXERCISE and LOSE some WEIGHT! STATUS: INITIAL PROGRESS FOLLOWED BY REGRESSION... FOLLOWED BY A PLATEAU.
2. Stock up on ammunition if it ever becomes available again. STATUS: No additions in Q3.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Update Progress report   What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2022 5:34 am

What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022? 51799626737_2065af610d_b

1. Stop spending as much on action figures, parts and clothing for a the aforementioned.
Somewhat cut down as cost of living is skyrocketing and I am nearly broke.

2. Finish the damned 1/6 scale jeep that arrived last January and which I have so far only done a little work on over the summer.
No Progress.

3. Go from one single universe and story line to four, making use of figures that I have acquired but don't fit very well in the Kimono Troop Universe. These will be:

a. Lana the vampire / demon / werewolf hunter / gunfighter and weird kind of nun.
Completely dropped this idea. Now working on Retro British officer in tropical dress character

b. The Star Patrol retro sci-fi in conjunction with Dave at SCU_HQ
Posted a few stories, but cooperation temporarily stalled for lack of funds and time

c. My anime universe. Still working out the concepts for that one.
Still have only one figure. Need more

4. Build better looking dioramas.
Been experimenting with mixed results

5. Continue posting chapters in the joint comic with Dal, Dave, Colin and others.
Haven't posted anything in a while. Must get back to it.

And oh, yeah...6. Build a retro spaceship interior for Commander Keiko Kobayashi of the Star Patrol.
See (4.) above

Unplanned:

1. Created a Dr. Diablos Figure
2. See Afore-mentioned British WWII-ish officer in tropical dress
3. re-purposing one of my Kamiko bodies (slightly damaged) to 50's retro sexy US soldier girl for retro sci-fi stories...or not.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2022 10:13 am

I would like to finish off the story where Action Man has been turned old by Gangrene. On going
Buy more robots especially the Toxic Robots. Still managing to do.
Kitbash a jungle or Forest Action Man with Alloy by his side.
Take more random outside pictures Myself.

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?    What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Would You Like to Try and Achieve in the Action Figure Hobby This Year: 2022?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next