ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?

Go down 
+3
Rustygun
Kimono Troop Command
Professor Gangrene Fan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Empty
PostSubject: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 12:02 am

What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 4:47 pm

FIELD STATION 42's DOLL, TOY, & ACTION FIGURE HOBBY GOALS FOR 2023:

If the last... how long have I been setting these "Doll Goals" now? Two years? Three years? Since 2020, a quick look back informs me, so three years up 'til now. If the last three years have taught me anything, which is a problematic assumption from the outset, it is that, in addition to having trouble staying on point, I have a tendency to "front-load" my list with too many projects, and each project is itself too large and multi-faceted to be practical, so ex-pecting to achieve any meaningful progress is an untenable proposition. My approach for 2023 – how can it be 2023 already? Where's my fusion-powered flying car? – will be to streamline the goals, both in number and in scope.

Here, then, is a still-too-long list of doll & toy goals for 2023... as they stand at the moment:

2023 DOLL & TOY GOALS

PHOTOGRAPHY:
1. Undertake an A Doll A Day photography project: snap and post online a doll, toy, or action figure photo every day.
2. Use the DSLR camera more often and the point-n-shoot camera less often.
3. Do some cool outdoor or travel doll pix like I used to!

DIORAMAS:
1. Maintain and refurbish existing dioramas as needed for photo-shoots.
2. Finish constructing & decorating the 1/6-scale "Banana River Surf & Dive Shop" beach hut.
3. Complete construction of the "retro" sci-fi rocketship interior I started last year.
4. Construct a "Haunted Library" diorama (inspired by the 2020 Pullip Doll convention theme).
5. Assemble the 1/6-scale army tank model kit I purchased a couple or three years ago.
6. Assemble the rocketship model kit I purchased last year.
7. Assemble the flying saucer model kit I purchased last year.
8. Construct a "Pinky Street" scale lighthouse diorama.

PHOTO-STORIES:
1. Continue participation in the Action Man Mobile Ops group story project, Hidden in the Shadows.
2. Continue the "Star Patrol" action figure storyline.
3. Continue the Doctors Evil & Cousin Monday stories.
4. Weave the majority of my 1/6-scale Action Figure storylines and stand-alone vignettes in to a single sprawling photo-story narrative set within a cohesive (-ish) fictional universe.
5. Set up a web page either hosting or linking to the majority of my toy photo stories.
6. Include the 1/12 scale figures in some photo-stories, either stand-alone or in conjunction with other figures. (Or just get rid of the rest of the silly little things!)
7. Create and post occasional Smart Doll photo-stories. (Or just get rid of the silly big things!)
8. Revive and continue my Bratz Doll Tales from the Dollie Dungeon photo-story (or remove this item from my goal list because it's been on here for three years now).
9. Create a "yearbook style" portrait set listing the figures and characters who appear in my photo-stories.
10. Organize all my "Bad Guy" figures and characters.

FORUMS & SOCIAL MANIA:
1. Maintain an active presence at most of the forums of which I am currently a member:
Dolly Market
The Dal House
Figurvore
Action Man Mobile Ops (AMMO)
Men With Dolls (MWD)
One Sixth Figures (OSF)
2. Evaluate whether to continue my presence or membership on:
Dollieh Sanctuary
Instagram
3. Post and participate more at Flickr and less at Instagram, maybe? I dunno.
4. Try to not get annoyed and delete my accounts or memberships in a reactionary manner. Take some time, let my grievances simmer, build up a grudge, then delete the accounts in genuine rage!

ACQUISITIONS:
"If too much matter is crammed into one place, the cumulative force of gravity becomes overwhelming, and the place becomes an eternal trap."  -- Dennis Overbye, NY Times – via Dolly Market Forum member Alliecat

1. Adopt the "One (or more) Out for One In" rule – interpreted on an "equivalent cubic volume" as opposed to an "equivalent item" basis.
2. On-going recruitment of members for the Ameliæ Escadrille Ærodrome (Pullip "Amelia" doll); current contingent: 10.
3. Try to limit purchases to "supplies" i.e. glue, paint, and foamcore board.
4. A "Large" or "XLarge" tea-shade bust for Smart Doll Symphony (Triv) would be nice to have... unless I exit the Smart Doll field.
5. Get a Canon "L" lens – not 'cuz I "need" one, but because I "want" one.

OTHER:
1. Get some EXERCISE and LOSE some WEIGHT!
What does this have to do with dolls, toys, or action figures? A lot, if you're doing outdoor photography at ground level, or travel photography, or if your little dolly friends like to climb around on old machines or ex-plore abandoned buildings, or if you don't wanna die prematurely and leave a bunch of crap behind for somebody else to clean up. So yeah, this is kind of an important objective this year, because I have really let myself go ever since leaving Hawaii, and more when the You-Know-What started, and even more since then.
2. Be in a better financial situation this time next year.

Okay, so...

WHAT ARE YOUR DOLL & TOY HOBBY GOALS FOR 2023?

Last edited by FIELD STATION 42 on Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 7:02 pm

My goal for the new year is…..
Don’t buy any more action man stuff…as I have way to much already. spent a small fortune on stuff over Christmas because I have no will power and self esteem…..
I’m a hopeless 50 something. Man child  and should know better…( my wife’s words , not mine )  lol!
I need therapy…..
Happy new year….

Last edited by Rustygun on Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 8:26 pm

Rustygun wrote:
... because I have no will power and self esteem…..
I’m a hopeless 50 something. Man child  and should know better…( my wives words , not mine )
I need therapy…..

We could start our own club. Oh, how about a "non-profit group" that can raise money... that our Board of Directors (being us) will siphon off to fund our action figure addictions!
Razz

Kimono Troop Command likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 9:01 pm

Rustygun wrote:
Don’t buy any more action man stuff…as I have way to much already. spent a small fortune on stuff over Christmas because I have no will power and self esteem…..
I’m a hopeless 50 something. Man child  and should know better…( my wives words , not mine )  lol!
I need therapy…..
Happy new year….

You used the word "Wife" in the plural. How many of THOSE do you also have?
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 9:28 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Rustygun wrote:
I’m a hopeless 50 something. Man child  and should know better…( my wives words , not mine )  lol!
I need therapy…..
Happy new year….

You used the word "Wife" in the plural. How many of THOSE do you also have?  

Ive had 3 wives …( not at the same time ) .that was just a spelling mistake ….. lol!
Now corrected….

Last edited by Rustygun on Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
Rustygun wrote:
... because I have no will power and self esteem…..
I’m a hopeless 50 something. Man child  and should know better…( my wives words , not mine )
I need therapy…..

We could start our own club. Oh, how about a "non-profit group" that can raise money... that our Board of Directors (being us) will siphon off to fund our action figure addictions!
Razz

lol! lol!
Great idea…….
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2023 3:28 pm

lol!  RustyGun!

I have coming a vintage blonde haired Gijoe..Going make him my medic
since my childhood medic was blonde haired...
I have a tan belt for my medic coming...
oh oh recently picked up a vintage action soldier coffin box...

No goals just sudden impulse pickups... lol!

Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2023 3:55 pm

2023, year the flock returns to SBHQ?

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2023 8:50 am

I will have to have a think on this one.... scratch
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2023 9:55 am

I would like to try and achieve in the mam figure Hobby this year of 2023 to reach to 100 robots muahahaha!!

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2023 2:12 pm

The Toxic Robot Fan wrote:
I would like to try and achieve in the mam figure Hobby this year of 2023 to reach to 100 robots muahahaha!!

Gadzooks! This diabolical plan must be stopped!  Shocked  This sounds like a job for: ACTION MAN!

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2023 3:05 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
The Toxic Robot Fan wrote:

Gadzooks! This diabolical plan must be stopped!  Shocked  This sounds like a job for: ACTION MAN!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 11:11 pm

Recently picked up a vintage Scramble Pilot helmet with face shield and oxygen mask...And added an
orange Air Vest to complete the vintage set...
What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? 101_0013

Scottish.Actionman. likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 4:47 am

DAVIDD's DOLL & TOY HOBBY GOALS FOR 2023:

Oh! Wow! It's already time for a First Quarter (Q1) goals update! I shoulda done this three weeks ago, but I was busy and I forgot.

2023 DOLL & TOY GOALS

PHOTOGRAPHY:
1. Undertake an A Doll A Day photography project: snap and post online a doll, toy, or action figure photo every day. - ON TRACK
2. Use the DSLR camera more often and the point-n-shoot camera less often. STARTED, THEN SLACKED OFF, BUT GEARING UP AGAIN
3. Do some cool outdoor or travel doll pix like I used to! THE SMART DOLLS HAVE DONE SOME OUTDOOR PROJECTS, BUT NOTHING ÜBER-COOL.

DIORAMAS:
1. Maintain and refurbish existing dioramas as needed for photo-shoots. CLEANED UP ONE YESTERDAY, STARTING ON ANOTHER
2. Finish constructing & decorating the 1/6-scale "Banana River Surf & Dive Shop" beach hut. DONE
3. Complete construction of the "retro" sci-fi rocketship interior I started last year. NO PROGRESS
4. Construct a "Haunted Library" diorama (inspired by the 2020 Pullip Doll convention theme). NO PROGRESS
5. Assemble the 1/6-scale army tank model kit I purchased a couple or three years ago. NO PROGRESS
6. Assemble the rocketship model kit I purchased last year. ON HOLD UNTIL LATE FALL
7. Assemble the flying saucer model kit I purchased last year. ON HOLD UNTIL LATE FALL
8. Construct a "Pinky Street-scale" lighthouse diorama. OH, THIS... RIGHT! FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT!

PHOTO-STORIES:
1. Continue participation in the Action Man Mobile Ops group story project, Hidden in the Shadows. ON TRACK - TIME TO DO ANOTHER INSTALLMENT
2. Continue the "Star Patrol" action figure storyline. NO PROGRESS
3. Continue the Doctors Evil & Cousin Monday stories. NO PROGRESS
4. Weave the majority of my 1/6-scale Action Figure storylines and stand-alone vignettes in to a single sprawling photo-story narrative set within a cohesive (-ish) fictional universe. NO PROGRESS - I NEED TO START MAKING NOTES
5. Set up a web page either hosting or linking to the majority of my toy photo stories. Naaah... not gonna do this
6. Include the 1/12 scale figures in some photo-stories, either stand-alone or in conjunction with other figures. (Or just get rid of the rest of the silly little things!) MIGHT GET RID OF 'EM - NOT GONNA BOTHER WITH STORIES FOR 'EM
7. Create and post occasional Smart Doll photo-stories. (Or just get rid of the silly big things!) NO PROGRESS
8. Revive and continue my Bratz Doll Tales from the Dollie Dungeon photo-story (or remove this item from my goal list because it's been on here for three years now). NO PROGRESS -- I STILL THINK ABOUT THIS, THOUGH
9. Create a "yearbook style" portrait set listing the figures and characters who appear in my photo-stories. NO PROGRESS

FORUMS & SOCIAL MANIA:
1. Maintain an active presence at most of the forums of which I am currently a member ON TRACK
Dollieh Sanctuary - DONE WITH THIS ONE
Instagram - MOSTLY USED TO FOLLOW ACCOUNTS RATHER THAN FOR POSTING
3. Post and participate more at Flickr and less at Instagram, maybe? I dunno. MEH... DUNNO
4. Try to not get annoyed and delete my accounts or memberships in a reactionary manner. Take some time, let my grievances simmer, build up a grudge, then delete the accounts in genuine rage! NO 'RAGE QUITS' YET

ACQUISITIONS:
TOO BROKE RIGHT NOW FOR THIS TO BE AN ISSUE

OTHER:
1. Get some EXERCISE and LOSE some WEIGHT! YEAH... RIGHT

2. Be in a better financial situation this time next year. SLOW START TO THIS, BUT... WE'LL SEE

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 6:54 am

Sounds like a great set of projects for the coming year Dave! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2023 8:45 pm

Oh! Wow! Halfway through the year! It guess that means it's time for a Second Quarter (Q2) goals update! I shoulda done this a coupla weeks ago, but I was busy and I forgot.

2023 DOLL & TOY GOALS

PHOTOGRAPHY:
1. Undertake an A Doll A Day photography project: snap and post online a doll, toy, or action figure photo every day. - ON TRACK with occasional interruptions
2. Use the DSLR camera more often and the point-n-shoot camera less often. NOPE
3. Do some cool outdoor or travel doll pix like I used to! NOPE

DIORAMAS:
1. Maintain and refurbish existing dioramas as needed for photo-shoots. MADE PROGRESS ON SOME, DISCARDED SOME, STARTED A NEW ONE
2. Finish constructing & decorating the 1/6-scale "Banana River Surf & Dive Shop" beach hut. DONE
3. Complete construction of the "retro" sci-fi rocketship interior I started last year. NO PROGRESS
4. Construct a "Haunted Library" diorama (inspired by the 2020 Pullip Doll convention theme). NO PROGRESS
5. Assemble the 1/6-scale army tank model kit I purchased a couple or three years ago. NO PROGRESS
6. Assemble the rocketship model kit I purchased last year. ON HOLD UNTIL LATE FALL
7. Assemble the flying saucer model kit I purchased last year. ON HOLD UNTIL LATE FALL
8. Construct a "Pinky Street-scale" lighthouse diorama. OH, THIS... RIGHT! I KEEP FORGETTING ABOUT THIS!

PHOTO-STORIES:
1. Continue participation in the Action Man Mobile Ops group story project, Hidden in the Shadows. KINDA LOST MOMENTUM - TIME TO DO ANOTHER INSTALLMENT
2. Continue the "Star Patrol" action figure storyline. NO PROGRESS - ACCESSORIES ON ORDER
4. Weave the majority of my 1/6-scale Action Figure storylines and stand-alone vignettes in to a single sprawling photo-story narrative set within a cohesive (-ish) fictional universe. NO PROGRESS
5. Set up a web page either hosting or linking to the majority of my toy photo stories. Naaah... not gonna do this
6. Include the 1/12 scale figures in some photo-stories, either stand-alone or in conjunction with other figures. (Or just get rid of the rest of the silly little things!) MIGHT GET RID OF 'EM - NOT GONNA BOTHER WITH STORIES FOR 'EM
7. Create and post occasional Smart Doll photo-stories. (Or just get rid of the silly big things!) NO PROGRESS
8. Revive and continue my Bratz Doll Tales from the Dollie Dungeon photo-story (or remove this item from my goal list because it's been on here for three years now). NO PROGRESS -- I STILL THINK ABOUT THIS, THOUGH
9. Create a "yearbook style" portrait set listing the figures and characters who appear in my photo-stories. NO PROGRESS

FORUMS & SOCIAL MANIA:
1. Maintain an active presence at most of the forums of which I am currently a member ON TRACK
Dollieh Sanctuary - DONE WITH THIS ONE
Instagram - MOSTLY USED TO FOLLOW ACCOUNTS RATHER THAN FOR POSTING
3. Post and participate more at Flickr and less at Instagram, maybe? I dunno. MY FLICKR ACTIVITY INCREASED FOR A WHILE, THEN I GOT BUSY WITH REAL WORLD STUFF
4. Try to not get annoyed and delete my accounts or memberships in a reactionary manner. Take some time, let my grievances simmer, build up a grudge, then delete the accounts in genuine rage! NO 'RAGE QUITS' YET; TAPERING OFF PARTICIPATION IN A NON-FIGURE FORUM

ACQUISITIONS:
TOO BROKE RIGHT NOW FOR THIS TO BE AN ISSUE

OTHER:
1. Get some EXERCISE and LOSE some WEIGHT! NO PROGRESS

2. Be in a better financial situation this time next year. SLOW START TO THIS, AND THE YEAR IS HALF OVER ALREADY!

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 3:19 am

Here we are, rolling in to the last quarter of 2023! That means it's time for a Third Quarter (Q3) goals update! I shoulda done this nearly three weeks ago, but I was busy with boring real life stuff.

2023 DOLL & TOY GOALS

PHOTOGRAPHY:
1. Undertake an A Doll A Day photography project: snap and post online a doll, toy, or action figure photo every day. - MOSTLY ON TRACK with occasional interruptions
2. Use the DSLR camera more often and the point-n-shoot camera less often. NOPE
3. Do some cool outdoor or travel doll pix like I used to! NOPE

DIORAMAS:
1. Maintain and refurbish existing dioramas as needed for photo-shoots. NO FURTHER PROGRESS IN Q3
8. Construct a "Pinky Street-scale" lighthouse diorama. NO PROGRESS

PHOTO-STORIES:
1. Continue participation in the Action Man Mobile Ops group story project, Hidden in the Shadows. KINDA LOST MOMENTUM - TIME TO DO ANOTHER INSTALLMENT
2. Continue the "Star Patrol" action figure storyline. NO PROGRESS
4. Weave the majority of my 1/6-scale Action Figure storylines and stand-alone vignettes in to a single sprawling photo-story narrative set within a cohesive (-ish) fictional universe. NO PROGRESS
5. Create and post occasional Smart Doll photo-stories. (Or just get rid of the silly big things!) NO PROGRESS
6. Create a "yearbook style" portrait set listing the figures and characters who appear in my photo-stories. NO PROGRESS

FORUMS & SOCIAL MANIA:
3. Post and participate more at Flickr and less at Instagram, maybe? MY FLICKR ACTIVITY INCREASED FOR A WHILE, THEN I GOT BUSY WITH REAL WORLD STUFF

ACQUISITIONS:
1. Against my better judgement, I placed a couple of pre-orders. Now I need to scrape up the funds to pay for the items when they become available.

OTHER:
1. Get some EXERCISE and LOSE some WEIGHT! NO PROGRESS

2. Be in a better financial situation this time next year. I JUST WANNA GIVE UP AND DIE ALREADY; NO POINT IN TRYING TO GET AHEAD.

Last edited by FIELD STATION 42 on Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 7:10 am

I'm sure '24 will be a better year for us all (With any luck!) bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 7:18 am

Dave I will post What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024 on the 1st of January.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 7:20 am

Professor Gangrene Fan wrote:

Well I definitely achieved that in this October 2023 Very Happy.

FIELD STATION 42 likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Congratulations on the impressive achievement of collecting 100 Action Man robots! cheers

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2023 9:40 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:

Congratulations on the impressive achievement of collecting 100 Action Man robots! cheers

Thanks Dave.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 3:39 am

As 2023 draws to a close, let's see how that goal list is looking.

2023 DOLL & TOY GOALS

PHOTOGRAPHY:
1. Undertake an A Doll A Day photography project: snap and post online a doll, toy, or action figure photo every day. - SUCCESS
2. Use the DSLR camera more often and the point-n-shoot camera less often. FAIL
3. Do some cool outdoor or travel doll pix like I used to! FAIL

DIORAMAS:
1. Maintain and refurbish existing dioramas as needed for photo-shoots. MOSTLY COMPLETED
2. Finish constructing & decorating the 1/6-scale "Banana River Surf & Dive Shop" beach hut. COMPLETED
3. Complete construction of the "retro" sci-fi rocketship interior I started last year. FAIL
4. Construct a "Haunted Library" diorama (inspired by the 2020 Pullip Doll convention theme). FAIL
5. Assemble the 1/6-scale army tank model kit I purchased a couple or three years ago. FAIL
6. Assemble the rocketship model kit I purchased last year. FAIL
7. Assemble the flying saucer model kit I purchased last year. FAIL
8. Construct a "Pinky Street-scale" lighthouse diorama. FAIL

PHOTO-STORIES:
1. Continue participation in the Action Man Mobile Ops group story project, Hidden in the Shadows. PARTIAL SUCCESS BEFORE LOSING MOMENTUM
2. Continue the "Star Patrol" action figure storyline. FAIL
3. Continue the Doctors Evil & Cousin Monday stories. FAIL
4. Weave the majority of my 1/6-scale Action Figure storylines and stand-alone vignettes in to a single sprawling photo-story narrative set within a cohesive (-ish) fictional universe. FAIL
5. Create and post occasional Smart Doll photo-stories. (Or just get rid of the silly big things!) MOSTLY FAIL
6. Create a "yearbook style" portrait set listing the figures and characters who appear in my photo-stories. FAIL

FORUMS & SOCIAL MANIA:
1. Maintain an active presence at most of the forums of which I am currently a member SUCCESS
3. Post and participate more at Flickr and less at Instagram, maybe? SUCCESS...ish

ACQUISITIONS:
1. Against my better judgement, I placed a couple of pre-orders over the past few months. Now I need to scrape up the funds to pay for the items when they become available. ONE OUTSTANDING PRE-ORDER PAID IN FULL; ONE TWO OUTSTANDING

OTHER:
1. Get some EXERCISE and LOSE some WEIGHT! FAIL

2. Be in a better financial situation this time next year. FAIL

Last edited by FIELD STATION 42 on Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 6:10 pm

I probably didn't achieve much of whatever my theoretical goals were at the beginning of 2023, however when I look back on the year, I still got a lot done. These things include:

Contributing one chapter to "Hidden In The Shadows; a decrease over the previous year, but at the same time, I've posted many short stories totaling the equivalent of four or five pages of Flickr images to this site, and others. Some of my images are too raunchy for AMMO, and appear only on Flickr and MWD "After Dark."

I've created / introduced several new characters; most of it being done through the purchase of new bodies and / head sculpts. In some cases, new bodies were swapped for old ones which were then re-purposed. In others, the figure was already there, but not properly defined or identified.

Entirely new characters:

1. Lieutenant-Colonel John Arbuthnot.
2. Colonel Wilhelm Klunk.
3. Gogo Yamaguchi (anime version)
4. Agent Angela McCarter
5. Donna McKendrick
6. Professor Victor Champion
7. Suki Hasegawa
8. Barbie

New character on old body: Aki Marikawa, twin sister to Victoria Tibias, but raised by her mother in Japan.

Doing the above required the purchase of five new TBL bodies, some of which went to the new characters, others which went to upgrade older characters whose bodies were then repurposed to one of the new characters. These are Angela and Gogo. Gogo had previously existed with a different body and head sculpt, but both were repurposed for other figures a couple of years ago, and Gogo went into Limbo. She is now back as an anime figure and will appear in many stories in the new year. Anyway...I added eight figures to my collection in 2023, which may be a small number for some of you guys out there, but for me, it's quite a lot for one year as I am chiefly a storyteller, not a collector of figures.

One of the things I am proud of and enjoyed the most is in participating in interactive threads, especially with Dal and Dave.  The interactive play with other members of the forum is the main reason I am a part of it. I would not post nearly so much here were it not that some people are prepared to pick up the gauntlet when I throw it down, and throw it right back to my own feet.

So whether or not I achieved the things I said I wanted to achieve, all-in-all, I had a lot of fun this year and that's really all that matters to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2023 ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1