ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Empty
PostSubject: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 12:00 am

What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?

Professor Gangrene Fan

What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 12:42 am

Gangrene’s wooden base building to be completed by adding a roof.

Resting photo shoots in the Scottish hills (currently suspended because of adverse weather conditions)

Introduce Doctor Evil to Gangrene to see if they can work together.

Gangrene and Doctor Evil to take part more in Bad guys recruitment thread.

Aqua the tools for speech bubbles and learn how to use them.

Going to Action Man Days the three times this year and involving Gangrene in photos.

Create a Gangrene office Christmas party photo.

Dad and Ivan to create another mountain rescue story.

Wear my Gangrene Logo t shirt when having Gangrene figure time.

ME going on photo shoots with dad and Ivan occasionally to Scottish Iron Age hill forts. (800BC to 70AD)

FIELD STATION 42 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 12:49 am

For Speech bubbles, the best tool to use, is probably the one Dal, Dave and I use. It's called Comic Life 3, and can be downloaded right from the internet. It is very easy to learn and very intuitive and I'm sure Dal is more than willing to help you out if you have any questions about it. There are a couple of features I didn't know about that Dave pointed out to me, and I'm sure Dave would be happy to help you also.

The main important thing to remember when shooting photos for use with Comic Life is to leave yourself room in the frame to put the speech bubbles. Also, you can crop your images using Comic Life. It's easy, it's fast, and it's fun.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 3:00 am

I'm not going to lay out too many specific objectives here as I've usually not come close to achieving those laid out in the past. Instead, I will mainly lay out my general focus for the upcoming year, with only two specific projects.

The first of these is to kitbash a Mini-Me figure loosely based on myself over 30 years ago, but with some aspects of my current self worked into the mix. The second will be to finally build that damned Dragon Jeep I purchased a few years ago and never built

Generally speaking, I will be focused more on building dioramas than buying new figures. Aside from Mini-Me, the figures I want to focus on adding to my collection will be in the anime range, with maybe a zombie or two.

Kimono Troop will continue in their occupation of Diablos Island and post the occasional chapter in "Hidden In The Shadows," and at the same time post lots of other humorous short comics. I will continue to try, perhaps fruitlessly to encourage more interactive participation in threads by other members. I find this in in decline in AMMO and that the site is not as much fun as it was for me when I first came here a few years ago. If I am successful, so much the better. If not, well, then those are the breaks.

That's it, that's all.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 7:21 am

An interesting question, and one I don't usually take part in (as I always fail to meet goals, and drift into other areas!) but this year, I will lay out a rough plan.

1) Replace bodies I need for existing characters, so quite a few male & female tbl bodies.
2) Try to create and upgrade a few older characters for a spin off comic to the hidden in the shadows universe story line.
3) Continue to write and post more chapters to the shadows project.
4) Continue to contribute to Ammo, and all other forums and social outlets I'm part of.
5) Continue no doubt to be influenced by members in chat lol! , Let's see who gets the most influence points this year, eh? lol!
6) Have fun.

Nw, let's see how we get in eh? 'Nuff said Razz
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 9:05 pm

Something.
Anything more than last year.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 9:11 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Something.
Anything more than last year.

We'd love to see something from you, Sarah. Anything at all, really. You have such great modeling talent.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 9:27 pm

How are members doing with achieving in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 11:52 pm

Professor Gangrene Fan wrote:

By my count, since Jan 1, I've posted 11 mini-strips of at least three pages each. as well as around 10 stand-alone images.  They don’t generate much attention on AMMO anymore, so I will likely not be posting as much in future.

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2024 7:23 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Professor Gangrene Fan wrote:

By my count, since Jan 1, I've posted 11 mini-strips of at least three pages each. as well as around 10 stand-alone images.  They don’t generate much attention on AMMO anymore, so I will likely no be posting as much in future.

Your posts are always fun Gary! I certainly enjoy them. However, it's a shame you feel that way just because you don't get the interest you want, and feel the need to stop posting. I hate to say it, and I don't mean to offend anyone here, but it's that posting for views or responses, or posting only in ones own topics that is slowly killing forums. Look at my work for instance, I post regularly, not to mention the time and effort I put in comics, and for what? If I'm lucky, one or maybe two comments. I have come to the conclusion, I post for myself, if people look, great, if not, meh Razz . Members need to post to keep a forum running. After all, if there are no posts, there will be no views and eventually no forum Sad .  

FACT.

Last edited by BAMComix on Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:30 am; edited 4 times in total

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2024 8:07 am

I very much agree with Dal’s conclusion, I post for myself, if people look, great, if not, meh Razz
I think of this place to share and post my pictures and stories with others bounce .

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2024 9:07 am

I don’t post for response. Let me make that clear. However response is the only way of knowing that anyone is even looking at what you’re posting. If no-one, or almost no-one cares what you are posting, there is little reason to continue doing so.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2024 9:22 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
I don’t post for response.  Let me make that clear. However response is the only way of knowing that anyone is even looking at what you’re posting.  If no-one, or almost no-one cares what you are posting, there is little reason to continue doing so.  

I agree to an extent, but you cannot expect everyone to like what we post, you know? Members here clearly use the forum for what they are interested in, and often don't look outside their own interests. However that being said, there are a few who often cross into other sections to drop a comment.  

If this is the way you feel, then you have to do what is best for you my friend. That is your choice. Basically that's all that needs saying on the subject Crying or Very sad .

Last edited by BAMComix on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2024 10:03 am

I am one of them members who often cross into other sections to drop a comment Very Happy.

Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ZeroDelta

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2024 12:24 pm

There are a bunch of things I would like to do this year, among them, is to finally finish the various kitbashes I started, finally unbox and put together the various figures I have not unboxed yet, get bigger shelving so I can put it all in there and of course, start my own action figure comic with the goal to have it cross over into the established Hidden in the Shadows comic series, if all goes well.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2024 12:26 pm

ZeroDelta wrote:
There are a bunch of things I would like to do this year, among them, is to finally finish the various kitbashes I started, finally unbox and put together the various figures I have not unboxed yet, get bigger shelving so I can put it all in there and of course, start my own action figure comic with the goal to have it cross over into the established Hidden in the Shadows comic series, if all goes well.

I really hope you manage to start some pf your projects zero bounce . You always have such great ideas Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
ZeroDelta
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ZeroDelta

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2024 12:33 pm

By the way: did the thread about Incoming items got deleted?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2024 1:50 pm

ZeroDelta wrote:
By the way: did the thread about Incoming items got deleted?

I don't know mate?
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2024 9:34 am

I made up a list on what I would like to see dad try and achieve in my action figure Hobby this year 2024?

Create roof for wooden building

Spray paint two Gangrenes stone coloured

To finish off creating the Arctic dio display self.

When weather is better dad to take figures out when going out hill walking with Ivan.

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024?   What Would You Like to try and achieve in the action figure Hobby this year 2024? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1