ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. Empty
PostSubject: BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door.   BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2023 10:22 am

I decided to try and do a how to as I build a fantasy dungeon/castle stone wall and wooden door diorama piece. Here is part one, and how far I've got so far. Hope you find it useful  Very Happy .

BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. 52682108894_bac7d2424e_cHow to - Building a stone wall & door -Part one. (1) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. 52681826871_28426e4964_cHow to - Building a stone wall & door -Part one. (2) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. 52682108864_c91d4e3259_cHow to - Building a stone wall & door -Part one. (3) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. 52682108834_9d8a109068_cHow to - Building a stone wall & door -Part one. (4) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. 52681307527_2b087732e6_cHow to - Building a stone wall & door -Part one. (5) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door.   BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2023 2:28 pm

There are some helpful tips here. I found the suggestion on how to place the trim pieces so the glue doesn't ooze on to the door particularly useful.

Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door.   BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2023 4:03 pm

the fun part is painting all the layers
base coat black with the wood grain
dry brush layer upon layer of shades of brown to exagerate the grain
and a smidge of white to high lite just a smidge
then cap it off with a black wash for a dungeon feel

at least thats how I did mine
now if you had a store to get foam insulation from like Lowes here in the US
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door.   BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2023 5:47 am

I appreciate that you're taking photos along the way on this project, it makes it easier
to envision how it's done. bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door.   BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2023 7:23 am

Great tutorial dal…..it’s looking good

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door.   BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door.
Page 1 of 1