ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GI Joe Mountie Gift Set

Go down 
+6
Beatlefan
ghost recon
BAMComix
Walter1965
inntruderr61
the_pauley
10 posters
AuthorMessage
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Empty
PostSubject: GI Joe Mountie Gift Set   GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Had some spare Mountie bits knocking about but didn't want to do just a second standard Mountie. Then I saw this...

GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Rare-actionfigures-gijoemountie_203155

And here he is...

GI Joe Mountie Gift Set IMG_9472

Jacket, trousers and snowshoes are all vintage pieces in absolutely minty condition...

GI Joe Mountie Gift Set IMG_9473

All the other pieces are 40th, except for the brown boots which are by Cotswold...

GI Joe Mountie Gift Set IMG_9474

While the goggles and binoculars aren't part of the set shown at the top of the page, they did come on a Sears Roebuck store exclusive variation of this set and I thought they fitted well with the look. All modelled on a 40th painted head fella...

GI Joe Mountie Gift Set IMG_9475

A look at the rarer Sears exclusive of this set...

GI Joe Mountie Gift Set SearsMountie

Additions are a white version of the Garand rifle rather than the brown version, binoculars, goggles, the camo (Green Beret/French Resistance) radio set, canteen and cover But the item that makes this set so highly desirable among Joe collectors is a brown version of the first aid pouch, unique to this catalogue exclusive set and one of the rarest and most valuable of GI Joe items. The first time I came across this particular item was when I saw one go on US eBay for just over $300. That was just for the brown pouch, not the Mountie set!

A page from the Christmas 1966 Sears catalogue also showing another exclusive, the Forward Observer set...

GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Mountie1966_Catalog_p_61-1

Note the price of the Mountie set. Oh for a time machine...

The Sears set also came with variations in the footwear department. Most came with the brown Jackboots, but some came with the brown tall combat boots as found on the Action Soldier painted head basic figure. I tried these on my figure and they do look good particularly given the more "outdoors-ey" look of this figure with the snow shoes, etc. There was also a third variation - with brown combat boots that are taller than normal, but cut high at the front with a slope down towards the back.

So - lots of variations for the completist to obsess over!

Here he is with my other RCMP guys. The guy in the fur hat is my own kitbash of a RCMP Patrolman...

GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Mounties_zps408ab436

EDIT: Damn - just noticed while posting this, that I forgot to add the ice pick/rope combo to the figure! Sad You will have to trust me to add one guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Mountie Gift Set   GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:27 am

Great looking Mountie Pauley! cheers Yes a time machine would be awesome! cheers
Back to top Go down
Walter1965
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Walter1965

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Mountie Gift Set   GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:13 am

VERY SHARP !! cheers Nice pictures pauley !! Walter
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Walts-16-figures-746793052029123/
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Mountie Gift Set   GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:05 am

superb pauley, he looks fantastic ! as do all your others. I really like the group shot of them Wink
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Mountie Gift Set   GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:47 am

Very nice set Pauley.
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Mountie Gift Set   GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:19 pm

Love it Jim!! I am currently collecting bits for the Sears Exclusive RCMP......apart from the brown pouch, I am going to paint a green one and see what it looks like first.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Mountie Gift Set   GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:34 am

Nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Mountie Gift Set   GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Stunning absolutely stunning Jim. I don't even have the standard Mountie yet :-).
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Mountie Gift Set   GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:00 am

Great looking Mountie Jim

They display just beautifully.

I have 2 VAM and 2 Joes, wish i had more.

Sir Sid

GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Mountie
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Mountie Gift Set   GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 6:34 am

Amazing photos mate!

Cheers - Congrats on your collection too!!
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Mountie Gift Set   GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 5:10 pm

cheers cheers cheers Spot on pauley!!!, i really like your Patrolman custom too!!!, the belt looks perfect for this uniform.

The mountie uniform was one i never had back in the day and i really wanted it, i had to wait 30 years to finally get it (August 2009)... it was definitely worth waiting for Very Happy Very Happy .

Superb looking Joe set Sirsidney!!! cheers cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Mountie   GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:44 am

The brown boots look great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Mountie Gift Set   GI Joe Mountie Gift Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GI Joe Mountie Gift Set
Page 1 of 1