ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Empty
PostSubject: Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces   Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 2:54 pm

Help please
Does anyone know what the red and gold and yellow pieces are from please

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Qd

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Qs

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Qf

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Qg

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces   Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2023 2:28 am

I can't say anything about the rifle or canteen, I don't know what they are from.

I don't think Action Man had the 8 inch figures that we had here in the US. Due to petroleum prices
that hit us here, the 12" Joe was shrunk down to a line that was called Super Joe. It only lasted for
a couple of years, I'm thinking due to lack of interest. GI Joe disappeared until 1982, when he was
re-introduced in the smaller size. It's my understanding that plastic is made with petroleum.

Here are a couple of scans from James DeSimone's collector book. First is Super Joe, with his chest pack.
It used one AA sized battery, and had a switch that would light up a bulb on the front of the chest pack.

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Super110

He had some accessory sets, some of them had a cord to plug into the chest pack to use power from
the battery. I scanned four sets, which include some of the items you showed in your post.

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Super210

Accessory pieces can be found, but the figures themselves are about impossible unless you find them in the
original package. And then the pieces are usually bouncing around. Hasbro used a strange type of plastic for
the joints and hands that disintegrates over time. The body is made of hard plastic so they survived but the
figures basically fall apart.  I once found a figure in a bag and later found a set of boots. The chest pack I
have doesn't work, I'm guessing the wiring has a break it in somewhere.

I hope you find this helpful.

Daryl

BAMComix and Hawkeye like this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces   Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2023 10:58 am

TNshooter wrote:
I can't say anything about the rifle or canteen, I don't know what they are from.

I don't think Action Man had the 8 inch figures that we had here in the US. Due to petroleum prices
that hit us here, the 12" Joe was shrunk down to a line that was called Super Joe. It only lasted for
a couple of years, I'm thinking due to lack of interest. GI Joe disappeared until 1982, when he was
re-introduced in the smaller size. It's my understanding that plastic is made with petroleum.

Here are a couple of scans from James DeSimone's collector book. First is Super Joe, with his chest pack.
It used one AA sized battery, and had a switch that would light up a bulb on the front of the chest pack.

He had some accessory sets, some of them had a cord to plug into the chest pack to use power from
the battery. I scanned four sets, which include some of the items you showed in your post.

Accessory pieces can be found, but the figures themselves are about impossible unless you find them in the
original package. And then the pieces are usually bouncing around. Hasbro used a strange type of plastic for
the joints and hands that disintegrates over time. The body is made of hard plastic so they survived but the
figures basically fall apart.  I once found a figure in a bag and later found a set of boots. The chest pack I

Daryl

Thank you Daryl that looks to be spot on, and yes these pieces don't fit Action Man or other 1/6th scale vintage figures, Do you know what size or scale the Super Joe was, I've been recently collecting some newer UK 10 inch figures but also have Marx Rat Patrol as well as Mego figures thanks again for the information I really appreciate your help with this, oh and by the way, the canteen is from a vintage game called Buckaroo where you had to load up a spring-loaded mule before it bucks and throws everything off, and the Tommy gun is a vintage Lone Star metal gun that was missing the butt I've since restored this using leather I'll post some photos later
Cheers Ian

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces   Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2023 11:24 am

Hawkeye wrote:
TNshooter wrote:

Daryl

Thank you Daryl that looks to be spot on, and yes these pieces don't fit Action Man or other 1/6th scale vintage figures, Do you know what size or scale the Super Joe was, I've been recently collecting some newer UK 10 inch figures but also have Marx Rat Patrol as well as Mego figures thanks again for the information I really appreciate your help with this, oh and by the way, the canteen is from a vintage game called Buckaroo where you had to load up a spring-loaded mule before it bucks and throws everything off, and the Tommy gun is a vintage Lone Star metal gun that was missing the butt I've since restored this using leather I'll post some photos later
Cheers Ian

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces 3a

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces 9a

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces   Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2023 4:06 am

I'm glad it was helpful Ian.

Super Joe is 8 inches tall. The same as the Mego Action Jackson figure. Twenty cm?

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces   Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2023 5:59 am

I did some digging and found these photos I took of my Super Joe thirteen years ago.

I bought a bag of pieces, the body parts, uniform and chest pack about 30 years ago.
Later, a member on another forum said he had a way of fixing/restoring Super Joe figures.
I sent him the figure and he put him together along with reproduction/newer style Mego
hands. I found a pair of the boots to add to the figure.

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Sj110

A closer photo shows the hands better. That member collected Mego figures.

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Sj210

Later I found an item in a job lot, turned out it is called a fusion Bazooka, that came with
an accessory set for Super Joe. In this photo you can see the part of the chest pack that
hold the battery (behind him) and section that has the light (on his chest).

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Sj310

This is all that I have of Super Joe. My younger brother had a couple of the figures back
when these were new. They are long gone due to the joints falling apart.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces   Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2023 1:17 pm

TNshooter wrote:
I did some digging and found these photos I took of my Super Joe thirteen years ago.

I bought a bag of pieces, the body parts, uniform and chest pack about 30 years ago.
Later, a member on another forum said he had a way of fixing/restoring Super Joe figures.
I sent him the figure and he put him together along with reproduction/newer style Mego
hands. I found a pair of the boots to add to the figure.

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Sj110

A closer photo shows the hands better. That member collected Mego figures.

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Sj210

Later I found an item in a job lot, turned out it is called a fusion Bazooka, that came with
an accessory set for Super Joe. In this photo you can see the part of the chest pack that
hold the battery (behind him) and section that has the light (on his chest).

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Sj310

This is all that I have of Super Joe. My younger brother had a couple of the figures back
when these were new. They are long gone due to the joints falling apart.

Thank you, Daryl, this information has been brilliant thank you for sharing the time and your knowledge on a figure I didn't know existed, it's always cool to find new things in our hobby and meet new fellow collectors
Cheers Ian

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces   Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2023 6:32 pm

Here are some photos I've knocked together using the Super Joe pieces, I've used the nearest figure I have to the Super Joe size, this is one of the Star Team by Ideal this is the 9-inch Kent from The Star Team

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces 102-3084

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces 102-3095

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces 102-3105

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces 102-3123

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces 102-3129

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces   Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2023 9:08 pm

Kent from The Star Team modelling the Super Joe pieces is doing a fantastic job.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces   Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2023 4:24 am

Great use of the pieces Ian. Does your chest pack work? Have you tried it?

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces   Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2023 4:17 pm

The Toxic Robot Fan wrote:
Kent from The Star Team modelling the Super Joe pieces is doing a fantastic job.

Thanks Alex the Kent figure is about an inch too big, but luckily his head is squashy so I could get the gold chest piece on, but it was good to try the pieces out. cheers Ian

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces   Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2023 4:22 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Great use of the pieces Ian. Does your chest pack work? Have you tried it?

Thanks Daryl they worked in a fashion scratch but sadly the chest pack doesn't work as the battery compartment is showing that a battery has leaked inside, I'll maybe have a better try sometime and see if I can clean the corrosion and get something to spark up Laughing Arrow Idea

PostSubject: Re: Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces   Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Request for infomation on red gold and yellow pieces
Page 1 of 1