ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.

Go down 
+4
Hawkeye
Professor Gangrene Fan
TNshooter
inntruderr61
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Empty
PostSubject: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 9:14 am

So due to photo hosts crashing, photobucket way back in the day, a lot of my early shorter comics and responses to members posts have disappeared. Luckily I recently discovered a load of comiclife of these early stories on a hard portable hard drive. I am slowly restoring these stories in hope of re-posting them here in this Tales from the vaults thread bounce. I cannot guarantee they will be in order, as I cannot remember when they were all originally posted, but I hope it will not dull your enjoyment cheers cheers cheers .

We will start with a response I did for Joe & Hank 2.0 counterparts for their one year review..

BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. 35394397744_1e97d3edb0_cThe Trouble With Clones by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. 36186125366_f2f4d8ab43_cThe Trouble With Clones by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. 36093661501_378934f6d9_cThe Trouble With Clones by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Last edited by BAMComix on Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 1:26 pm

lol! Funny stuff! Those two were really full of… well, full of something back in the day.

You had an excellent eye for Comic Life layouts and dialog flow even way back then!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 2:57 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
lol!  Funny stuff! Those two were really full of… well, full of something back in the day.

You had an excellent eye for Comic Life layouts and dialog flow even way back then!

Thanks Dave! I made these two as a tribute to skj's guys and they were always so much fun to write for! I was always worried about  doing something the originals wouldn't do, after all, they were SKJ's characters Very Happy . I think I managed to stay within the lines.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 2:59 pm

Here we see Commander Jake coming to the original Joe and Hanks defence after a prank back fired at beatlefan HQ involving Joe & Hank....

BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. 36093663751_b4f63eaf73_cBAMComx presents - The trial os SKJ-HQ's Joe & Hank - Commander Rivers defence. by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. 35422254973_e46c132598_cBAMComx presents - The trial os SKJ-HQ's Joe & Hank - Commander Rivers defence. (2) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Last edited by BAMComix on Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 5:13 pm

Great stuff Dal! cheers cheers cheers

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 5:40 pm

I vote for Option 3: tighten up security everywhere!

As the return of these "lost episodes" illustrate, Joe and Hank are likely to turn up anytime, particularly when least expected!

Or after years of laying low until they heat cools down! Razz

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 2:18 am

lol! lol! lol! Great stuff cheers

The first strip seems familiar to me, is there a possibility I've seen it before? Maybe on another forum?

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 7:06 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Great stuff Dal! cheers cheers cheers

Really pleased you enjoyed it Jim! Writing for these two was always great fun Razz .
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 7:08 am

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
I vote for Option 3: tighten up security everywhere!

As the return of these "lost episodes" illustrate, Joe and Hank are likely to turn up anytime, particularly when least expected!

Or after years of laying low until they heat cools down! Razz

lol!  @ Dave! With these two about, it's probably the best option Wink . It was the original exploits of skj's Joe & Hank that inspired these short comic shorts. I dare say, they will be back, they are just waiting for their moment. Of course now that the 2.0 boys also now reside with skj, it's double the trouble for the world!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 7:10 am

TNshooter wrote:
lol! lol! lol!  Great stuff cheers

The first strip seems familiar to me, is there a possibility I've seen it before? Maybe on another forum?

Really pleased you're enjoying the older comic shorts Daryl. I should imagine they will all seem familiar as they were all posted here (as well as other forums) but sadly all disappeared when photobucket crashed Crying or Very sad . I shall continue to post these older stories here for you al to enjoy, once again cheers .
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 8:49 am

Next up, the origins of Mr. Redbox!

BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Pexels-photo-20060335
BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Pexels-photo-20060336
BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Pexels-photo-20060333
BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Pexels-photo-20060334

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 1:22 pm

pale Oh... wow! So this was the "introduction" of your infamous Mister Redbox character?

So Original Redbox was a repaint of a very "Knock-Off Looking" hollow plastic knock-off figure? The repaint really gave him a lot more personality.

Had you repainted the fig when you were a kid, and then upgraded him again when you revisited your collection as an adult? Or did the repaint happen during the "adult phase" of your collecting career?

You were doing a lot with the Comic Life app a dozen years ago! Great use of the tools the original version offered!

I take it that TomK shared a story about destroying his original Redbox figure during his teenage years, huh? Ah, how we come to regret some of the things we did during those mixed-up not-a-little-kid-anymore years.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 1:21 am

Awesome Dal! cheers lol! cheers

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 7:26 am

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
pale   Oh... wow! So this was the "introduction" of your infamous Mister Redbox character?

So Original Redbox was a repaint of a very "Knock-Off Looking" hollow plastic knock-off figure? The repaint really gave him a lot more personality.

Had you repainted the fig when you were a kid, and then upgraded him again when you revisited your collection as an adult? Or did the repaint happen during the "adult phase" of your collecting career?

You were doing a lot with the Comic Life app a dozen years ago! Great use of the tools the original version offered!

I take it that TomK shared a story about destroying his original Redbox figure during his teenage years, huh?  Ah, how we come to regret some of the things we did during those mixed-up not-a-little-kid-anymore years.

Yeah, old Redbox started out as a comeback to one of Ralph's (TomK) stories he shared abut how he destroyed a redbox figure as a kid. Of course He has evolved into something far more menacing now.  I re-pained the head as an adult collector, I wouldn't have had the skill back then.
inntruderr61 wrote:
Awesome Dal! cheers lol! cheers

Pleased you enjoyed the stories Jim bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 7:28 am

In this episode, Commander Rivers send his congratulations to GM-HQ

BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Pexels-photo-20072376
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:04 am

lol!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 2:35 pm

Sounds like back in Ye Olden Dayes of the AMMO Forum, 2013 - 2016 era, more members were posting photos and stories about their figures actually doing things. It must have been a very active time on the boards, and a lot of fun.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 7:07 am

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
Sounds like back in Ye Olden Dayes of the AMMO Forum, 2013 - 2016 era, more members were posting photos and stories about their figures actually doing things. It must have been a very active time on the boards, and a lot of fun.

In the early years of Ammo the forum was still fresh and attracted a lot of members, at the time UAMHQ was dead, and other forums were slow. I guess we just offered something different. Like most things as times changed and social media like facebook took off, more and more collectors drifted off  Crying or Very sad .
I do think that was a sad day, after all, nothing offers information like a forum. Post something on facebook and within ten minutes, its lost forever.
Having said that, a forum is also about members posting, and I hate it when members moan about ANY forum being boring when hey don't make the effort to post, or participate. After all, it's the members that make a forum work bounce .
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 9:32 am

Here is another of the original comics, This is the first appearance of Lord Conan J. Roxton. This short comic follows Lucas' arrival and his meeting with all the other adventurers. I have searched the forum for the original post but sadly couldn't find it. I did find the original pictures and part of the script, but to remaster this one, I had to rewrite some of it. I hope it doesn't dull the enjoyment of it  bounce bounce bounce .

BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. 53592931268_b8880f7e89_cBAMComix Presents - An Adventurers Adventure (1) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. 53593172760_bec8b4186c_cBAMComix Presents - An Adventurers Adventure (2) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. 53592723096_c291c1ac82_cBAMComix Presents - An Adventurers Adventure (3) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. 53593044364_4a84c6905e_cBAMComix Presents - An Adventurers Adventure (4) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. 53593044359_8cf295e855_cBAMComix Presents - An Adventurers Adventure (5) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. 53592931248_abc4183f1e_cBAMComix Presents - An Adventurers Adventure (6) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Last edited by BAMComix on Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 10:30 am

BAMComix wrote:
I do think that was a sad day, after all, nothing offers information like a forum.
Having said that, a forum is also about members posting, and I hate it when members moan about ANY forum being boring when hey don't make the effort to post, or participate. After all, it's the members that make a forum work.

Truer words have never been spoken. A lot of forums have been dwindling, even though they have a lot of members.
I am very appreciative that you sent me an invitation to join here. I didn't know about this forum at the time, and it
seems to be the only one I check that has any participation.

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 12:01 pm

TNshooter wrote:
BAMComix wrote:
I do think that was a sad day, after all, nothing offers information like a forum.
Having said that, a forum is also about members posting, and I hate it when members moan about ANY forum being boring when hey don't make the effort to post, or participate. After all, it's the members that make a forum work.

Truer words have never been spoken. A lot of forums have been dwindling, even though they have a lot of members.
I am very appreciative that you sent me an invitation to join here. I didn't know about this forum at the time, and it
seems to be the only one I check that has any participation.

Thank you my friend bounce. Yes, it's a sad day that forums are failing, especially when all it needs is member participation. I always look forward to your posts. You always seem to unearth some amazing figures that have been packed away and forgotten about cheers . I know from conversations with Alex hat he enjoys your comprehensive details and reviews of your figures in your posts. You my friend are a highly valued member of the forum, always willing to post and join in. A very rare commodity it seems nowadays Wink . I'm always grateful to you that you decided to join us bounce bounce bounce .
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 1:58 pm

Impressive group of reflocked and custom flocked vintage figures!

You had a thorough knowledge of vintage Action Man and Joe figs back in the day, including international versions!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 2:26 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
Impressive group of reflocked and custom flocked vintage figures!

You had a thorough knowledge of vintage Action Man and Joe figs back in the day, including international versions!

lol!  knowledge is still there, just tucked away now. Nearly all of those guys are long gone now, all moved on to new HQ's. That comic was a real fun shoot to do. I have part two in the works now too! Look out for the next Lucas adventure!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 6:59 am

Just finished reading the short comic of the first appearance of Lord Conan J. Roxton. I really really enjoyed reading this short comic. My two high lights are these two
BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. IMG-4803

BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. IMG-4805

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 7:06 am

Professor Gangrene Fan wrote:
Just finished reading the short comic of the first appearance of Lord Conan J. Roxton. I really really enjoyed reading this short comic. My two high lights are these two
BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. IMG-4803

BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. IMG-4805

Really pleased you enjoyed it Alex. As I said, although I still had all the original pictures, I only had a part script, so I had to re write some of it, but it appears to have worked out well. Really pleased you enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.   BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAMComix Presents - Tales from the vaults.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next