ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cobra Marksman Black Out

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

Cobra Marksman Black Out Empty
PostSubject: Cobra Marksman Black Out   Cobra Marksman Black Out Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2024 7:56 am

I saw this figure on ebay, and I liked the way he looked. I'm not familiar with this character from the
1/18 scale line, but I haven't kept up with that line for a long time. This figure is from 2003, and was
packaged in a blister pack Hasbro was doing at the time. He is from the molded shirt era, but doesn't
look as bad because of the vest he has. As usual, first up is the back of the package.

Cobra Marksman Black Out Blacko10

The package also shows a Joe figure called Switch Gears. According to the file card they are brothers,
and both had tried to enlist to the Joe team. Black Out failed his psych eval and didn't make it although
his brother did. So he joined Cobra.

The figure kitted out.

Cobra Marksman Black Out Blacko11

He wears goggles, I'm also showing his head sculpt with the goggles pushed up. It also shows the upper
part of his vest.

Cobra Marksman Black Out Blacko12

Cobra Marksman Black Out Blacko13

His left boot has a sheath for a knife.

Cobra Marksman Black Out Blacko14

His rifle, knife and the gauntlet he wears on his right hand.

Cobra Marksman Black Out Blacko15

After taking the photo I realized I had forgotten to photograph the missile launcher that a lot of
figures have included. I'm guessing Hasbro has a ton of them in a warehouse somewhere, or else feels
That kids really like them or think they add play value.
It fits on top of the rifle scope by sliding onto a tab.

Cobra Marksman Black Out Blacko16

I had almost forgotten it because I don't usually include them with my figures.

I just liked the look of this figure, which is why I bought him.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Marksman Black Out   Cobra Marksman Black Out Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2024 9:16 am

Another great looking figure Daryl, and yet again another I'm not familiar with. You certainly do have no shortage for bad guys for Joe to face!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Marksman Black Out   Cobra Marksman Black Out Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2024 10:03 am

Cobra Marksman Black Out Bits
Even though he’s from the GI Joe 1/18 scale line his weapons, vest and boots are copies from other mam sets just in 1/18 scale instead.

His vest is a copy from the mam set Laser Force, what’s different is the Cobra Marksman Black Out vest is silver and black with the Cobra logo on it.

the gauntlet he wears he wears on his right hands looks like a copy from the mam Space Commando set or seen on a Dr. X special figure.

His rifle with scope fits on top of the rifle by sliding onto a tab is exactly the rifle from the mam set Operation Camouflage except from the colour scheme. The missile launcher is a mam copy which iv seen in again in lots of carded sets and sets.

His knife boot sheath is a copy from the carded set Deep Water Salvage. The knife I’ve seen in lots of mam carded sets and sets.

I’m really loving his head sculpt. He’s got that don’t mess with me look or that serious concentrate mission look.

Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Marksman Black Out   Cobra Marksman Black Out Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2024 10:10 am

Thanks Dal. Other than this figure I'm not familiar with this character.
My brother and I, when we were kids, lamented that toy lines didn't make enough bad guys for
our heroes. The good guys outnumbered the bad guys at least seven to one. As an adult collector
I've wanted to make sure there were enough bad guys. Very Happy

TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Marksman Black Out   Cobra Marksman Black Out Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2024 10:19 am

Alex, I think a lot of Joe and MAM pieces are the same, as they were made during the same time.
Like the Cobra Helicopter Attack set I recently posted, it's the same as the MAM set. After all, they
are from the same toy company, Hasbro.

The Neo Viper I recently posted has the same torso and arms as the Gangrene Gator Atak figure I have.

But yes, I also like the head sculpt. He does look like he means business. bounce

TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Marksman Black Out   Cobra Marksman Black Out Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2024 11:32 am

I made an error. His brother isn't Switch Gears, it's actually Barrel Roll. I found the 1/18 version at
yojoe.com. The small version was released the same year, packaged with one of the versions of Flint,
as part of the Spy Troops line.

https://www.yojoe.com/action/03/blackout.shtml

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Marksman Black Out   Cobra Marksman Black Out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cobra Marksman Black Out
Page 1 of 1