ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Modern Action Jackson anyone ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Empty
PostSubject: Modern Action Jackson anyone ?   Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:16 am

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Modern Action Jackson anyone ?   Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2024 6:35 pm

lol!

This Action Jackson "reboot" figure announced back in 2013 -- I don't know if it was ever produced -- looks almost exactly like the TBLeague version of BAMComix's character, Jake 2.0!

Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Actionjacksonfullfig
Action Jake?

Razz

Last edited by FIELD STATION 42 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Modern Action Jackson anyone ?   Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2024 7:47 pm

WOw I remember Action Jackson from way Way back
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Modern Action Jackson anyone ?   Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2024 8:21 pm

Very interesting, I would definitely get one. Smile

But I don't know that the original was supposed to be a knockoff of Joe, and that it was so inferior.
Different scale, different uniforms and accessories.

FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Modern Action Jackson anyone ?   Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2024 9:32 pm

Apparently these 12-inch "Action Jackson" figures never reached production. Instead, Zica Toys raised funding through a Kickstarter crowd-funding campaign in 2016 to develop a line of 4-inch figures called Adventure People. The Adventure People line was intended to feature both Action Jackson and the Captain Action character from IDEAL Toys.

I cannot find any articles or reviews online indicating the Zica Toys Adventure People figures were ever released. I've seen posts mentioning "production delays" from 2017, 2018, and 2019.

The 4-inch Action Jackson figure was supposed to look like this:

Modern Action Jackson anyone ? D36ba661-694d-494d-814d-e01b1e327351

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Modern Action Jackson anyone ?   Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 9:24 am

I don't know if the smaller version ever went onto production, but having spoken to the makers pf the 1/6 version, I know it was binned due to lack of interest. A real shame in my opinion Sad .
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Modern Action Jackson anyone ?   Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 12:30 pm

BAMComix wrote:
... but having spoken to the makers pf the 1/6 version, I know it was binned due to lack of interest. A real shame in my opinion Sad .

Oh, that is unfortunate. The prototypes were looking good.

Thanks for the accurate info direct from the source. That puts "closure" to the saga of the Rebirth of Action Jackson.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Modern Action Jackson anyone ?   Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 3:25 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
BAMComix wrote:
... but having spoken to the makers pf the 1/6 version, I know it was binned due to lack of interest. A real shame in my opinion Sad .

Oh, that is unfortunate. The prototypes were looking good.

Thanks for the accurate info direct from the source. That puts "closure" to the saga of the Rebirth of Action Jackson.

Yeah, such a shame that this project never got off the ground. The character they had in mind was in my opinion anyway, had great potential to maybe have spurned a whole new line of action hero toys.
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Modern Action Jackson anyone ?   Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 5:10 pm

The only Action Jackson I know was played by Carl Weathers. That looks more like Chris Evans as Captain America. Would have made a great 12 inch figure though.

Chris

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Modern Action Jackson anyone ?   Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2024 2:13 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
The only Action Jackson I know was played by Carl Weathers. That looks more like Chris Evans as Captain America. Would have made a great 12 inch figure though.

Now, there's a film I haven't heard of in a long time Chris cheers cheers.

Modern Action Jackson anyone ? MV5BY2RiMzgzNzUtMTE0MS00YTNkLWI2NDctYTI0YTE5NDZkNmRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQ0MTYzMDA@._V1_
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Modern Action Jackson anyone ?   Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2024 7:50 am

Yeah that's the one cheers cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Action Jackson anyone ?   Modern Action Jackson anyone ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Action Jackson anyone ?
Page 1 of 1