ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BOXED FIELD COMMANDER 1974

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

BOXED FIELD COMMANDER 1974 Empty
PostSubject: BOXED FIELD COMMANDER 1974   BOXED FIELD COMMANDER 1974 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 2:34 pm

Leaving 1973, Officially It was to be 2 years before another Boxed figure would be released but in 1974 Palitoy released the Field Commander set which i personally consider a boxed figure. It came with a figure dressed in the last Talking Commanders attire except it had a new pistol and came with a working radio that had 2 double sided discs included that you placed into the machine to play a series of commands and battle noises.( Mine has every coloured issued by thats my personal addition. It was only released with two and the colours were random) These radios are mostly broken now though a common problem is just a little rust in the motor which can often be repaired by connecting a 9v battery to the unit and letting it spin very fast thus breaking the rust off. Also in this set was headphones a full instructions. This is also where Palitoy switched to Plastic Cups/thimbles which would now be standard issue leaving the costly metal ones behind. There is a variation to the radio but the box art was always the same and displayed this variation. I think the other was an earlier variation but i'm not sure? There was now a break until 1975

BOXED FIELD COMMANDER 1974 Img_3423

BOXED FIELD COMMANDER 1974 Img_3424

BOXED FIELD COMMANDER 1974 Img_3425

BOXED FIELD COMMANDER 1974 Img_3426

BOXED FIELD COMMANDER 1974 Img_3427

Radio Variation. This is a much simpler and basic design so i would say it was an earlier release but again great to hear if anyone knows for definate Smile

BOXED FIELD COMMANDER 1974 Obzole10
Back to top Go down

BOXED FIELD COMMANDER 1974
Page 1 of 1