ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio

Go down 
+7
lumarshall
somekindajoe
action-johnny
inntruderr61
Danthecoat
Sparkys6887
Walter1965
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Walter1965
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Walter1965

Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Empty
PostSubject: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 am

This is an OUTSTANDING set....I have never seen one before....Have you?....I'm trying to get the seller to post more pictures....Walter VINTAGE ACTIONMAN BOXED FIELD COMMANDER
THE FIGURE IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION
WITH GOOD HEAD OF HAIR & GOOD ORIGINAL GRIPPING HANDS
OUTFIT IS VERY GOOD WITH TROUSERS, BOOTS, JUMPER, SCARF, OFFICERS CAP, BELT HOLSTER & PISTOL
THE BOX IS IN GOOD CONDITION & COMPLETE
HAS ORIGINAL INLAY & CORD
BOX HAS STARS, JUST A COUPLE OF TAPE MARKS ONE ON SIDE ONE ON THE END
WILL ADD MORE PICS
COMES WITH RADIO & COVER, EAR PHONES, 2 RECORDS
RADIO BOOKLET PAPERS
Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio %24T2eC16dHJF8E9nnC8HljBR%21vo3QVMg%7E%7E60_58
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Walts-16-figures-746793052029123/
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 1:27 pm

I agree Walter. I think it's a fabulous set and one day I WILL have one. Just want to make sure the radio works too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:55 pm

I got this for christmas as a kiddie its the most nostalgic set for me this as it was the first Accy goody i got that was solely mein (Often i used to get sets to share with my brother ) i.e colditz or one would get the figure and outfit and one would get the vehicle it would cause murders nowadays and to be honest it did then too lol! lol!

Untill dad said "Anymore arguing and ill take them from both of you" affraid affraid affraid

Any way enough of my childhood in bleak house geek geek geek

GREAT SET GO FOR IT WALTER BUT DONT PAY MORE THAN £50 often these are grossly overpriced Sad

Oh and dont bank on the radio working Smile
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 4:18 pm

Nice set Walter! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:13 pm

Here's mine...
Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio P1000945_zpsd863424e
I had to make the inner tray.

Here's another, free from cardboard boxes!!!
Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Fieldcommander_zps7f789921
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Looks great Action Johnny. Does the Field Radio work??
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:10 pm

No, I have 4 of the things and NONE work! Sad
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:11 pm

Aren't they renowned for not working? Obviously not as reliable as a Talker AM. Several people are a dab hand at fixing Talkers, doesn't anyone tinker with these field radios?
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:23 pm

They're probably easier than you think Steve. I've got some days off soon (getting through the holidays before April) so I might take one apart and have a butchers.
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Would be great to hear one working. Keep us posted John and good luck with it mate.
Back to top Go down
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:38 am

Great set. This was the third vam I had s a child (the other 2 being the combat soldiers) I remember being out in the garden with my parents when my mum told me that the fairies hd left a present in the garden for me. All i had to do was find it and it was this chap. I was so happy. I now have the figure and 3 radios none of which work of course but I would love to get the box as well.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:41 am

Mosdt of the time these are not working due to rust in the motors like the out board engines

Andy (AK615) uses a 9 volt battery to shock the motor into whirring again thus relieving the rust so i reckon this would work on the radios too Smile

Ive heard he knows a thing or two about electrickery geek geek geek geek geek geek geek
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:56 am

It`s like black magic to me affraid

here`s the link to lookforjoes excellent repair guide.common problems are the rubber band drive belt has perished and dirty contacts clean em up and your back in buisiness.note to remove the box you will have to peel the sticker with the controls off first without tearing it.

http://actionmanhq.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1361&highlight=field+radio
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:20 am

awesome sets guys cheers
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:33 am

Crazy Mate!!!!

I dont know much about this .... or really anything at all Smile

But a piece like this is Awesometo see....

Thanks for sharing this

Len
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 12:24 am

My brother is a dab hand at fixing things. I hadn't seen him for a couple of years and he's fixed th assault craft motor Ade gave Jemma. He needed to take the actual motor apart and clean all 40+ years of dust out of it :-)

My radio is working. Initially it just screached but it's getting better the more it's used and I love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:08 am

I've repaired a radio a while back, still in storage.  I never saw this configuration, I think I might have enough Vam to put it together!

Cool set!

Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:13 am

somekindajoe wrote:
Aren't they renowned for not working? Obviously not as reliable as a Talker AM. Several people are a dab hand at fixing Talkers, doesn't anyone tinker with these field radios?

I've had 2, one was so corroded, it'll never speak again.  I got one from the UK that I was able to get working!

I still have it and will match it up with it's counterpart soon!

Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 2:02 am

I never really understood why Palitoy issued this set. They already had a Talking Commander issued in the late 1960s and then in the early 70s with fuzz head and nose picker hands. Then came this set...not to deride it but it is just a basic VAM barring the inclusion of Officers cap, Colt 45, holster, lanyard and the all important radio...I wonder if Palitoy had considered ceasing production of the Talking Commanders due to children dunking them in bath tubs across the land even when instructions told them not to? 

What I still marvel at is the fact the small record along with that radio set delivered all the sounds, I understand the science of it (same with old vinyl records and record players) but you really have to doff your cap off to the people that came up with these things, or planes that fly, gear boxes, even the simple tin can for food...genius inventions all among many.
Back to top Go down
actionmancollector
New Recruit
actionmancollector

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:20 pm

still not been able to find a working radio - got about 20 records here and would love to know whats on them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio   Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palitoy Field Commander with Field Radio
Page 1 of 1