ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)

Go down 
+9
ghost recon
gibri
Rogue-Trooper
Beatlefan
somekindajoe
BAMComix
Danthecoat
clivvers
inntruderr61
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi Angelo, thank you for the great comments Very Happy . Yeah, they can take a while to do. I find the most frustrating thing is the domino effect, when one figure falls, they all do! lol! .
The set ups for my stories take place in my spare room (Vam room). I set up on an old PC desk and e arrange the walls as need be. As I have gotten better at set building, two of my sets are now permanent, The Ammo Arms and jake's study, but that has only happened recently Very Happy . Again, thank you for the wonderful comments, Happy Christmas my friend cheers
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 11:19 am

Hi Dal,

Just caught up with this thread. What an outstanding & great story Very Happy and love the "sets" for the guys . Some great diorama work. I'm just starting to think about my "Airfix Stronghold project"- I'll be looking to your & Slack's threads for inspiration !

The Comic effect is great - both you and SKJ are masters at this format. As a bit of a techno luddite I have not yet mastered this approach. Rolling Eyes

I think some of the Munrovian bulletins would benefit from this lol!

More please.Smile

cheers
Steve aka Gunner

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 2:34 pm

Cheers Steve! cheers I am really pleased that you enjoyed it. The software I use is comiclife3, all the work is done for you really. Well worth investing in Very Happy .

I am working on the final few parts of the rise of the mam, but it is very slow going! lol
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
I am working on the final few parts of the rise of the mam, but it is very slow going! lol
I'm looking forward to it Dal, photo comic stories always take time to complete. Lucky my new system can handle my usual Art/Design software, it's being loaded in tonight along with my favourite Photo editing program.

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 5:33 pm

clivvers wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
I'm looking forward to it Dal, photo comic stories always take time to complete. Lucky my new system can handle my usual Art/Design software, it's being loaded in tonight along with my favourite Photo editing program.

Sounds fab Clive! I always enjoy your comic stories bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 7:35 am

Total effort!

Awesome post... love the posing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 8:51 am

SlackElastic wrote:
Total effort!

Awesome post... love the posing Twisted Evil

Thanks slack! means a lot mate bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Thread repaired bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 4:59 pm

Bump!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 5:46 am

Late to this ....but one word....EPIC!!!!!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 6:48 am

That was an impressive production for a "visiting Action Man." You really go all out when you host traveling figures. This must have taken hours to set up and photograph, then to assemble into a comic-style story!

I lost count of how many settings and how many figures you used. And of how many awful yet hilarious gags and jokes you managed to work in!

It was fun to see your "girls" from the days before BAM-HQ became a Phicen stronghold. (Electra still has one of the cutest faces among all your gals.)

I take it that most of these settings have been updated or completely rebuilt. You've mentioned before that your original motor pool garage no longer exists. We know that Jake's study has recently been completely rebuilt.

I think my favorite line was the one about the Mummy's Tomb. That's how I feel, anymore, regarding a lot of things.

Forty-some pages, with multiple panels per page – that's nearly 200 individual panels. What a staggering number of photos, set-ups, angles, figures... just... wow! Colossal effort, which paid off in a most entertaining and amusing tale!

I'm curious: did you kind of sketch out and script the story before shooting, or did the ideas come together while taking the pics, to be fine-tuned while laying out the comic pages?

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 6:58 am

I too would like to know if you work from a pre-made storyboard, or just wing it as you go?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
That was an impressive production for a "visiting Action Man." You really go all out when you host traveling figures. This must have taken hours to set up and photograph, then to assemble into a comic-style story!

I lost count of how many settings and how many figures you used. And of how many awful yet hilarious gags and jokes you managed to work in!

It was fun to see your "girls" from the days before BAM-HQ became a Phicen stronghold. (Electra still has one of the cutest faces among all your gals.)

I take it that most of these settings have been updated or completely rebuilt. You've mentioned before that your original motor pool garage no longer exists. We know that Jake's study has recently been completely rebuilt.

I think my favorite line was the one about the Mummy's Tomb. That's how I feel, anymore, regarding a lot of things.

Forty-some pages, with multiple panels per page – that's nearly 200 individual panels. What a staggering number of photos, set-ups, angles, figures... just... wow! Colossal effort, which paid off in a most entertaining and amusing tale!

I'm curious: did you kind of sketch out and script the story before shooting, or did the ideas come together while taking the pics, to be fine-tuned while laying out the comic pages?

Cheers Dave! This is one f my earliest comics, I was very lucky to have Rusty and Duke here for quite a while, so It started out as random pics, then just sort of developed into a story. It all started when experimenting with having a figure tied up! lol!
Yeah, all these sets have long since gone, most of them were just boards with brick wallpaper stuck to it, then re-arranged as a needed them.
I know what you mean about the mummys tomb too!, must be getting old? Laughing . Electra is a wonderful figure, and probably my favourite CY Girl. They stil pop up on ebay but their uniforms are always rotted.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 7:57 am

LeStryge wrote:
I too would like to know if you work from a pre-made storyboard, or just wing it as you go?

No mate, no storyboard for this one, it just came together, then I scripted it as I went. Really pleased you enjoyed it cheers
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 9:14 pm

A great re-read!!!

I know they were on vacation, but...I hope they don't represent the best of TOMK HQ... affraid lol! affraid

Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 9:35 pm

gibri wrote:
A great re-read!!!

I know they were on vacation, but...I hope they don't represent the best of TOMK HQ... affraid lol! affraid

Wink Wink Wink

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)   Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bamcomix - The Mis-adventures of Rusty & Duke - Bam Edition (Full comic)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2