ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)

Go down 
+2
Teckno Viking
DrDalek6
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Empty
PostSubject: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 9:57 pm

Hey guys so decided to take a look in Boots for Children in Need stuff and walked past some charity shops was going to pass them up but, something in Barnados that looked like a toy jeep tempted my eye so I went in the 2 shops for a quick look.

Nothing much of interest in the first one but, in the 2nd one my eyes did not decieve me I found a small Playmobil helicopter, Max Stel figure (admittedly I've already got him in the same outfit but, he's got anextra part that could be useful and for 99p it's not a bad deal) and most importantly an admittedly rather dirty but, nonetheless very fine looking jeep/landrover and what's more a TONKA one at that! My first was I'd really like to buy that but, I can't where could I store it out of my Mum's sight importantly but, it's TONKA! I mean how can you pass up an AM scaled TONKA jeep that's gotta be pretty rare and indestructable as well.

So I decided it was too heavy to buy there and then and cart all the way to the Botanical Gardens but, I'm going to go back there tomorrow afternoon after spending a morning working in a pond and hope that it's still there (they were only asking £2.99 for it) as well as th other bits and of course I'll take one of my guys with me (and a big bag) to test drive it and approve it for Action Man use and more importantly comfy fit in the seat and hope the staff believe me when I say that he belongs to me and cdon't charge me extra for him! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 8:00 am

Good luck and photos once your the new master of this.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 8:56 am

If its the tonka jeep I am thinking of Scott, go for it! they are terrific jeeps. Here is a shot of mine.

TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) IMG_8575_zpskicbdbrv
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:10 am

Ive got the red version, and an action man can fit inside.

TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) PICT0453
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 2:15 pm

Nice! Very Happy

Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
If its the tonka jeep I am thinking of Scott, go for it! they are terrific jeeps. Here is a shot of mine.

TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) IMG_8575_zpskicbdbrv

That's the one I spotted mate unfortunately when I wen down today it was no longer there in fact everything was gone but, the Max Steel figure damn big disapointment Crying or Very sad it would have made a really great additon to my limited vehicle collection but, I can't blame anyone but, my self for not buying it when I first had the chance.

Both those jeeps look great by the way particualrly liking that red one very smart looking
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:41 pm

Here's my rather battered blue version being driven by a Hasbro Teddy Roosevelt

TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) 20141221_232332_zpscb4706d3
TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) 20141221_232243_zps0d429e18

and a few outdoor shots being driven by a VAM hybrid:

TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) 20150511_095955_zpscisoaj0j
TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) 20150511_095929_zps7xef5yw2
TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) 20150511_100023-1_zpsn1msydm2

-Nate
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:49 pm

Nice jeep Nate!

Sorry the jeep you wanted was gone DrDalek6...Hopefully you
run into another one soon!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:51 pm

Really sorry to read that you missed out Scott Sad
Back to top Go down
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:45 am

Ahhh the old lesson of BUY NOW it would appear. We have All been there Sad

BTW Chaps great the other photos of the TONKA truck, I have always had mixed feelings on getting one or not.
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 12:56 pm

always strike when the irons hot scott , you snooze you loose Sleep . the pics are fandabbydosy

Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:16 pm

Yeha tell me about it could have kicked myself as they say ah well never mind you live you learn I blame that for going round the charity shops and buying loads of bits today, no Action Man although I did pick up a MAM DVD and a few Star Wars books plus a small F1 car (probably my favourite purchase) oh and a very soft cuddly Pudsey keyring seeing as it's Children In Need but, would have preferred the Tonka Jeep to most of that never mind.

That blue jeep is looking good as well nothing worng with a bit of weathering shows it's been well used and played with.
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 10:37 am

a unisex ad how unusual for them days

PostSubject: Re: TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)   TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TONKA latest additon to my collection (hopefully)
Page 1 of 1