ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AT Helicopter Repair

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Call me Joe
New Recruit
Call me Joe

AT Helicopter Repair Empty
PostSubject: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 3:45 pm

This may be a dumb question...but has anyone repaired the mechanism in the AT copter that spins the blades?

Mine is in good shape over all...it just is not wanting to spin at all...

Can you guys with all your expertise help me out?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 4:12 pm

I am sure someone here must know mate cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 12:37 am

Hopefully someone answers your question Call me Joe...
I myself have no idea...Sorry

Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 3:04 pm

if you cant fix it im sure there are plenty for sale

Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 10:46 pm

I'm taking one apart very soon Rage, I'll let you know Very Happy

New Recruit
Call me Joe

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 12:55 am

Thanks...any help would be appreciated....those are not easy to find in my area...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 2:34 am

I bought one that Supposedly would Spin Freely, but it was quite Difficult. So I took it out of the Helicopter, took it outside and W-D 40'd the Sh** out of it. I would spray Heavily in every Hole I could find and All Kinds of Rusty Oil ran out. Then I started pushing the "Button" and it worked as it should. I don't remember, but I may or may not have let it Dry for 24 hrs. and then added some Graphite Powder down into the gears. I Hope this Helps and Keep Us Updated. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Call me Joe
New Recruit
Call me Joe

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Sounds like a plan....but how did you get it out of the body?....I don't remember but wasn't it a sealed body?...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 4:25 am

Remove the Blades First by Firmly Holding the Blade next to where it goes into the Black Thingy. Gently Twist back and forth and the Black Thingy should seperate enough for you to remove the Blade, Repeat this step for the Other Two Blades. You have to carefully remove the Landing Gear (just pull the pegs out of the holes, do one side at a time), long Tail Piece (it should just pull off, but you may have to pull up and down a little to loosen it), Windshield (it fits in a groove at top & bottom, try seperating it from the top first, it shouldn't take much effort, then rock it back and forth at the bottom while pulling up on it, keep an eye on the two yellow tabs at the bottom), slide the Control Console out from it's yellow tabs on each side, I don't remember if I had to slide it Up or Down. If the Seat seems like it's in the way, you may have to slide it out First. Now your gonna' have to remove the Hook & String, just wind the string all the way out and you may have to Un-Tie it from the Black Ring. Now your gonna' have to remove the Black Ring, try pushing on each end of it at the Same Time and it should pop right off.
Now it's gonna' start gettin' Tricky. You'll have to kinda' Feel Your Way around a little bit here, I don't remember if I removed the Black Cone piece at the base of the Prop Shaft first or if I sepperated the two Body Halves? Anyway, the Black Cone piece, you may have to Spray Lube the Base of it a little, wipe access, then Gently Twist it back & forth, also try twisting while Pressing Down and then while Pulling Up. There's two locking tabs on the base of the cone that will come up through two grooves in the body. As far as Seperating the Body there's 3 or 4 Locking Tabs down the seam of the body be Very Careful with these Tabs, because they Break Very Easily. Take a Small Flat-Head screwdriver and Gently lift the locking tab Just Enough to pull the Body Halves apart. You may want to go to each locking tab and loosen them a little before you actually try to seperate the two halves. Decide which end you want to start seperating First, then start seperating the tabs. If you break 1 or 2, Don't Worry because the other parts will still hold it together Just Fine. Once the Body has been Seperated, the Button Mechanism just lifts out. Assembly is just the Reverse Order of the Disassembly.
If all of this Freaks You Out, you could try just removing the Blades and spraying some lube underneath and around the Button and at the Base of the Shaft while Pressing the Button and it might work itself out That way. Here's another Tip, if the Red Decals need to be Replaced, strip'em off, Clean the area good with alcohol or mineral spirits, dry your parts with a cloth and get you a roll of Red Electrical Tape and Re-Stripe it with THAT! It's WAY NICER than those Paper Decals. Very Happy While you got it apart, you might as well get you some good Clear Plastic Polish and Buff Out that Windshield. Mcquire's makes a Good Polish that can be found at Wal-Mart or a Auto Parts Store. I'll take some Pix. of mine and post on here tomorrow. I Hope this Helps, Keep Me Posted.

Jack (Rage)
Back to top Go down
Call me Joe
New Recruit
Call me Joe

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Thanks so much....I'll give it a try this weekend...busy with work and the Easter weekend coming up...

Hopefully Joe will be back in the air with out a care....lol
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Sounds awesome! don't forget too post some pics bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Call me Joe
New Recruit
Call me Joe

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 4:04 pm

I have been meaning to do that...I have dug out a few of my old joes...most are vintage..and some timeless and classic thrown in.....I don't have complete sets of anything vintage anymore...I getting back into the hobby and will be working on that....I have been in the process of bring back my adventure team guys and have been wanting to do what most everyone here does and do the photos and dioramas...but having ever done that..I dread to see what they will look like...but I'll get to it...just be busy with work and family.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Hey, although I do have a few complete 'vintage' sets, most of mine are mixed between vintage and repro stuff. I do not see it as a problem personally. I do however, respect those who choose to use only vintage and I love looking at their respective collections Very Happy .
As for dio's, just get stuck in my friend! we all start somewhere, personally, I am big fan of slackelastics's diorama's, always so much to look at! Looking forward to your future uploads cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 6:50 am

No Problem at All Call me Joe, us Joe & Action Man Collectors Have to Help One Another Out when we can. That's One of the things I LOVE about This Hobby, is Alot of people is Willing to Help Where They Can and How They Can. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Call me Joe
New Recruit
Call me Joe

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Yeah....we sorta got to...they don't make them like they used too......
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 11:34 pm

Rage wrote:
No Problem at All Call me Joe, us Joe & Action Man Collectors Have to Help One Another Out when we can. That's One of the things I LOVE about This Hobby, is Alot of people is Willing to Help Where They Can and How They Can. Very Happy

That's what makes it fun cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AT Helicopter Repair   AT Helicopter Repair Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AT Helicopter Repair
Page 1 of 1