ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Lads - BAMComix.

Go down 
+24
BrandontheFigureFreak
Kimono Troop Command
Captian action
Reddragon
Jet-
Chip
gibri
Beatlefan
Glidah Drivah
blackbrazen
Rogue-Trooper
Dreadnought
Gunner Munro
Rustygun
Professor Gangrene Fan
TheOneManKid
FIELD STATION 42
inntruderr61
Action Man
ghost recon
TasMan
ActionYankee
clivvers
somekindajoe
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 7:19 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
The leather jackets came from different sets Dave, Pepe, is wearing a hasbro Indiana Jones jacket, SJ is wearing a wolverine hot toys jacket and jakes came from an adventuring 1/6 explorer set, hope it helps

A collection spanning years, then! Very nice!

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Cool photos.    The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 3:42 pm

Great photos there Dal. Nice posing, lots of imagination.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 3:51 pm

A huge thanks to GIBri for sending me this amazing outfit. I knew the moment it arrived it was destined for Lord Conan! It really does give him a big game hunter look!

The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 50352804122_d688e35b46_cLord Conan J. Roxton. by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 3:56 pm

Your completely right their Dal on that Lord Conan new outfit really does give him a big game hunter look about him. He looks very dapper in his new outfit.

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 4:02 pm

Yes will say again , excellent character .

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 4:49 pm

Outstanding outfit! I would not have thought it possible to improve upon Lord Conan Roxton, but improve upon him you have!
Excellent new hunting outfit, but the same Lord Conan style and attitude!
Must be the pipe!

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 5:17 pm

I've gotta say, I like the look also.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 6:17 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Your completely right their Dal on that Lord Conan new outfit really does give him a big game hunter look about him. He looks very dapper in his new outfit.

Thanks alex bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 6:17 pm

Chip wrote:
Yes will say again , excellent character .

many thanks Chip cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 6:18 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Outstanding outfit! I would not have thought it possible to improve upon Lord Conan Roxton, but improve upon him you have!
Excellent new hunting outfit, but the same Lord Conan style and attitude!
Must be the pipe!

Yeah, I am really pleased with how he turned out! all ready for adventure cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 6:19 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
I've gotta say, I like the look also.

Thanks Gary cheers cheers bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2020 12:01 am

Wow fantastic, Dal!!!

I hoped you would be able to use this set, but Lord Conan, now that is an honour!

I think he looks great and really like what you've done with the hat.

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2020 8:00 am

gibri wrote:
Wow fantastic, Dal!!!

I hoped you would be able to use this set, but Lord Conan, now that is an honour!

I think he looks great and really like what you've done with the hat.

bounce bounce bounce

bounce bounce bounce Many thanks Bri! Yeah, he was the natural choice, it really suits him cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 9:42 am

Who said you can't upgrade a vintage action man (or Joe)? Jake now has a TBL M31 body, I might upgrade him to an M33 or 32, as Jake originally had a custom body with wider shoulders before. All it took to do was two 1/2" rubber washers pushed over the tbl neck post.
Okay, so the skin colour doesn't match but not noticeable in his roll neck jumper. I also used Gangsters kingdom hands as they are closer in colour to his original body.

The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 50881323536_27b54bfdc0_cJake Relaxing. by Dal Lee, on Flickr

The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 50880611828_01b099248f_cJake. by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 11:11 am

From now on. I’m going to nickname Jake as Mr Upgradeable. I’m totally loving the first picture so much. The way you pose Mr Upgradeable is like he’s a cloths model.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 11:43 am

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
From now on. I’m going to nickname Jake as Mr Upgradeable. I’m totally loving the first picture so much. The way you pose Mr Upgradeable is like he’s a cloths model.

many thanks Alex! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 12:27 pm

Jake Mk. 2. Great conversion Dal! He needed a change of wardrobe anyway.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 12:56 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Jake Mk. 2.  Great conversion Dal! He needed a change of wardrobe anyway.

Very Happy  Thanks Gary! I am really pleased with how he turned out. lol! , Jake used to wear that roll neck jumper a while back Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 3:03 pm

Just look at that cool character! The ultimate Action Man, ready for adventure... or for a brandy and a quiet night in front of the cozy fire! Jake is equally comfortable and at home anywhere! What a cool character and figure!

Let the decades come and go, he just keeps getting better!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 3:27 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Just look at that cool character! The ultimate Action Man, ready for adventure... or for a brandy and a quiet night in front of the cozy fire! Jake is equally comfortable and at home anywhere! What a cool character and figure!

Let the decades come and go, he just keeps getting better!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  Indeed! at home anywhere! always ready for action when needed! As the years roll, he just keeps getting better! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 7:18 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
A huge thanks to GIBri for sending me this amazing outfit. I knew the moment it arrived it was destined for Lord Conan! It really does give him a big game hunter look!

The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 50352804122_d688e35b46_cLord Conan J. Roxton. by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Is that a Mark Cole creation? He does amazing work. And it's all hand sewn.

Daryl

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 7:46 am

TNshooter wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:

Is that a Mark Cole creation? He does amazing work. And it's all hand sewn.

Daryl

It is indeed, GIBri sent the outfit over when he hosted Willie, the traveling action Man, last year bounce bounce. I have to agree, the level of work is amazing!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 9:41 am

I think that's the one outfit I got from Mark. And as I recall he charged $30-40 for it. Due to being hand sewn,
He didn't make many of a particular outfit. I'm thinking maybe 12 of each one. That makes that outfit rare!

I have yet to find a figure I want to put it on.

Mark once sent me a resin head he molded, based on a Joe head only with a beard. I have yet to use acrylic
paints, and my hands are not as steady as they used to be. I had planned on painting it with white hair, and
adding this outfit to him.

I really like what you did with the hat! That looks great!

I'm hoping to do some painting not too far into the future. I have a vintage Joe that has no hair paint, which
I plan to paint. My biggest concern of painting a blank head is the eyes. I get the feeling that no matter how
many attempts, I won't get them the way I want.

I'm also unsure on how to do flesh colored paint. Gibri once sent me a PM at FHQ on how to do it, but when
the board changed hands, my PM's were lost.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 12:38 pm

TNshooter wrote:
I think that's the one outfit I got from Mark. And as I recall he charged $30-40 for it. Due to being hand sewn,
He didn't make many of a particular outfit. I'm thinking maybe 12 of each one. That makes that outfit rare!

I have yet to find a figure I want to put it on.

Mark once sent me a resin head he molded, based on a Joe head only with a beard. I have yet to use acrylic
paints, and my hands are not as steady as they used to be. I had planned on painting it with white hair, and
adding this outfit to him.

I really like what you did with the hat! That looks great!

I'm hoping to do some painting not too far into the future. I have a vintage Joe that has no hair paint, which
I plan to paint. My biggest concern of painting a blank head is the eyes. I get the feeling that no matter how
many attempts, I won't get them the way I want.

I'm also unsure on how to do flesh colored paint. Gibri once sent me a PM at FHQ on how to do it, but when
the board changed hands, my PM's were lost.

I use citadel paints from Games workshop, they do a great flesh colour, maybe that would help? you could always lighten it white some white? A friend of mine suggested once to use bone white for the eyes so they are not so striking. I must admit, I never tried that technique, so I cannot say whether it worked? One tip he did give me was to paint the head upside down and I know that works a treat! Another good painting tip is while holding the brush, extend your small finger to touch your third finger you are holding the head in. This will and does make your hand much steadier cheers cheers cheers . I used a small amount of glue to hold the sides of the hat in place. Hope it helps cheers
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 1:03 pm

Jake looks very relaxed in his new bod , and seems to of slimmed him down some .

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lads - BAMComix.
Page 16 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next