ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?

Go down 
+5
Glidah Drivah
somekindajoe
Rogue-Trooper
Chip
gibri
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 11:30 am

Just saw this really interesting question over on HQ. What was you favourite vehicle as a kid?, but I thought it would be fun to extend it to now as well. So lets hear and see what was and is the best vehicle for you now?

For me, my favourite vehicle as a kid was my cherilea jeep, my lads went on many adventure in it. I rebuilt it when I became an adult collector, but I was always on the lookout for a much better jeep.

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? IMG_8617

My favourite now,

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? P3200003

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm

I`m with you on the Cherilea jeep , Got it for Christmas one year and was chuffed with it . Have to say pulling the scout around the garden attached to a piece of string , was great fun too , trying to get it to drift rather than roll around the bends in the garden path was an art , and almost definitely caused some head rubs to the poor A.M sitting in the top . Love your new Jeep is it G.I joe or SOTW version ?

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Then & Now...   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 2:43 pm

...got 'em in the same pic.

5-Star jeep then, Tiger tank now:

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Dscf0015-1%2520%282%29

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Chip wrote:
I`m with you on the  Cherilea jeep , Got it for Christmas one year and was chuffed with it . Have to say pulling the scout around the garden attached to a piece of string , was great fun too , trying to get it to drift rather than roll around the bends in the garden path was an art , and almost definitely caused some head rubs to the poor A.M sitting in the top . Love your new Jeep is it G.I joe or SOTW version ?

Yeah the old cherilea jeep was always great fun! I have mine one Christmas too santa . My jeep is a 21st Century Jeep Chip, extremely heavy and large. It is also a big bigger than the GI Joe version and the SOTW versions. Hope that helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 3:51 pm

gibri wrote:
...got 'em in the same pic.

5-Star jeep then, Tiger tank now:

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Dscf0015-1%2520%282%29

I wish I could Bri, but I sent the cherilea jeep for new missions to Rogue Troopers HQ to help start his collection off cheers .
Fantastic vehicles Bri! love that tank!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 4:52 pm

Only vehicles I had as a lad was the Gijoe jeep and blue AT underwater sea sled...I still have
my childhood sea sled but not the jeep...

At present I have no vehicles except for the underwater sea sled and a modern day Gijoe buggy...

The jeep was my favorite as a child... Very Happy

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Img_0610
Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Cimg9110

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 2:28 pm

[quote=Yeah the old cherilea jeep was always great fun! I have mine one Christmas too santa . My jeep is a 21st Century Jeep Chip, extremely heavy and large. It is also a big bigger than the GI Joe version and the SOTW versions. Hope that helps Very Happy [/quote]

I felt shore the SOTW Jeep would of been bigger , I got the 21st century NAM Mutt jeep with trailor ...I think .

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Chip wrote:
[quote=Yeah the old cherilea jeep was always great fun! I have mine one Christmas too santa . My jeep is a 21st Century Jeep Chip, extremely heavy and large. It is also a big bigger than the GI Joe version and the SOTW versions. Hope that helps Very Happy

I felt shore the SOTW Jeep would of been bigger , I got the 21st century NAM Mutt jeep with trailor ...I think . [/quote]

Very cool, that is a nice vehicle! bounce
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 3:38 pm

My first VAM vehicle was the good old Marx Jeep . It had a trailer and a search light that sat in the trailer ( good for sending Bat signals over Gotham City (my bedroom lol! )

Got a replacement late last year Cool & a great 21C ? Navy Patrol jeep from Dal Cool

Next up was a Palitoy APC -( xmas 1970)  not as well used as SKJ's "hog"  but saw some sterling service once I had gotten rid of the minesweeper from the front !
http://www.actionmanhq.co.uk/action-man-vehicles/personnel-carrier-1960s/index.html

My lads also commandeered Sindy's red sports car from my younger sister  Embarassed  Embarassed
https://goo.gl/images/LrvB1h

In the 8O's I picked up a Scorpion tank - got a couple now .

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? IMG_5811

Last year I went a bit crazy and swept up 4 Cherilea armoured cars , another jeep , the Cherilia APC , 3 m/c and side cars a battered VAM pursuit craft  and the Cherilea jet ( all need TLC !)

most recent additions are the 2 MAM's Rhino and The Team Truck

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? IMG_6122

I would have loved one of these if they had made production !

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Fullsizeoutput_eca
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Very nice vehicles everyone! cheers cheers cheers

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 4:21 pm

Hmmmm now... it's probably the Rhino. I've got two so far....and i love them. Very chunky and robust and cool.

As for back in the day ? Erm.....well i had them all...tank, scout car, helicopter etc etc..but my favourite  was definitely the humble jeep. It featured in all of my great adventures. So imagine just how happy I was when Dal gifted me one exactly like my boyhood one cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 4:26 pm

Fantastic upload Gunner!, your Navy Shore Jeep is a SOTW mate I believe, a great bit of kit! You have a most impressive motor pool! Thanks for sharing! BTW, I love that Marx Jeep lol! lol!

Sounds like it was a great play time at RT HQ back in the day! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 7:54 pm

Only one vehicle has ever topped my favourite vehicle list..

Gunner Munro wrote:

Next up was a Palitoy APC -( xmas 1970)  not as well used as SKJ's "hog"  but saw some sterling service once I had gotten rid of the minesweeper from the front !.jpg[/img][/url]

Percy was issued to my troops at xmas 1969 so it's a 'G' reg not a 'H' like yours Steve! lol!

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? DSCF3509_zpsfg3lxc4w
(Modern re-enactment...in reality Joe wore the Blues and Royals uni and SKJ's original commander 'Richards' was the Life Guard)

Had the Wolf Pack stuff ever made it to production I expect some members here would have them as their favourite vehicles. Here's some old pics from the V&A museum Action Man day a few years ago.

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? 2012-11-10153503

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? 2012-11-10153523

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? 2012-11-10155611

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Awesome pics steve! and always great to see percy again cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 8:15 pm

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Image

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Nate_Phone_Aug_23_2017_509

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Nate_Phone_Aug_23_2017_510

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Nate_Phone_Aug_23_2017_511

-Nate
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 12:12 am

Awesome vehicles Nate! cheers

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 8:18 am

Great motorpool Nate! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 8:51 am

My First Vam vehicles were the Armoured Car, German motor bike and sidecar, and the Green Racing car, which I still have. Very Happy

I remember riding the Armoured car down the garden Path good few times...... Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

now for me are the Mobile support Vehicle, Big Trapper, Swamp Craft, Trouble Shooter,

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 2:16 pm

Great shots from the V&A collection Steve - I think the Wolf pack Idea would have been a new lease of life for our guys (or is that wishful thinking ? lol! )
I loved that post you did of Hank & Joe "repairing" Percy or Percy II:cheers:

Nate
some great shots - wow thats some Artillery you have there !!! & also great to see some "Tonka- real tough toys for real tough boys " as well. cheers cheers

lets have some more from the archives guys

Cheers
Gunner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?   Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Action Man / Joe and or 1/6 vehicle then and now?
Page 1 of 1