ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Adventurer Rebuild

Go down 
+4
Danthecoat
lumarshall
BAMComix
Sgt_Elias
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

Black Adventurer Rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:57 am

Allright everyone, i'm going to re-post this as i'm getting there with putting the figures together

Big thanks to Jim (AMFC) for his spare body.
I've told several people but i'll write it again - I never thought plastic went this BAD, i presumed it would live forever. The best way to describe it is that if you touch a piece of the plastic - it's quite likey to fall off in your hand, or at worst split and then fall off
Here is what i've got to work with

Black Adventurer Rebuild 100_0727

Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 12:00 pm

a little more together

Black Adventurer Rebuild 100_0744

Black Adventurer Rebuild 100_0745

The crutch is to help him walk, he's a "bit" wobbly at the minute Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Ok we've got ONE together, thanks to Danny for his help on the Joe gear and of course Jim who without him i'd be nowhere but a head, and last but by no means least Tony El Floctastico - superb work again mate

Black Adventurer Rebuild 100_0771_zpscc1d2657

Black Adventurer Rebuild 100_0772_zps29ce63e3

Black Adventurer Rebuild 100_0773_zpsbd25ce4f
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Next figure started, rather than removing rivets (which was my original plan) I've opted for a more low tech option... I bent the clips that hold the leg elastic first on the atomic leg

Black Adventurer Rebuild IMAG0231

Then the black adventurer leg I'm replacing

Black Adventurer Rebuild IMAG0232

then took the elastic from my other black adventurer leg and attached my bionic leg

Black Adventurer Rebuild IMAG0233

Pull it tight and make sure it won't ping out (yes mine did first time Shocked , and then the second time i missed out the hip ball Mad )

Black Adventurer Rebuild IMAG0234

pull string through chest, and attach hook to neck joint

One almost together Atomic Adventurer

Black Adventurer Rebuild IMAG0235
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 3:34 pm

wow Damo you have done a great job on the first Tom, really looking forward to seeing where the second ones goes. Looking forward to seeing him finished mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Right i haven't got the time to do this (really), but once he was together... and had his clothes on, i didn't have much choice. THANKS DAN!!!!! Shorts are amazing mate Wink

Here is my Atomic Adventurer Tom

Black Adventurer Rebuild 100_0799

Black Adventurer Rebuild 100_0800

and here is my Atomic Adventurer Tom - wearing his GI Joe Jungle Survival gear

Black Adventurer Rebuild 100_0801

Black Adventurer Rebuild 100_0803

Black Adventurer Rebuild 100_0806

And here's the two fully repaired and back together black adventurer'

Black Adventurer Rebuild 100_0808
Back to top Go down
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Wow Damien they are both great and shows what can be achieved with patience and talent. The Atomic Tom is a brilliant idea shame Palitoy didn't think of it back in the 70's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Excellent job Damian they look great mate, really good job you've done there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:27 am

Thanks Phil and Jason, glad you like the latest addition... I thought he looked quite smart, now just to find the elusive atomic heli-blades Neutral
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:10 am

I've just seen this fantastic Dammo :-) I expect to see the Sam Browne too :-)
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:25 am

Cheers Dan, I did him before I ran out of the office... The Sam Brown is for Friday Wink
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:43 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Oh, the hip bone's connected to the..... Atomic thigh bone???!!!! cheers

Outstanding! Well worth all the time and effort! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:54 am

stunning Damo, a top job and as the lads as already said well wort all the effort. They look great together. Anyone can hae an atomic man, but an atomic Tom that is just outstanding mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:39 am

AManfromcoalville wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Oh, the hip bone's connected to the..... Atomic thigh bone???!!!! cheers

Outstanding! Well worth all the time and effort! Very Happy

Laughing Cheers Jim, glad you like him mate - your body (not YOUR body) was the atomic adventurer rebuild so even though he was crumbling and falling apart - we have the technology, and rebuilt him Smile

Thanks Dal, i know you've been waiting to see him completed Wink , and glad you like him mate. Glad he's all together, still got to try and get the whirly gig but there's always time.
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Great work.
I love to see these old soldiers being resurrected. bounce
Back to top Go down
Tof
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
Tof

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:31 pm

can you build a post called:"how i repare/change the rivet on the leg"??
Back to top Go down
http://forumdugroupactionjoe.xooit.fr/index.php
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Tof wrote:
can you build a post called:"how i repare/change the rivet on the leg"??

Unfortunately i never figured out how Christophe, i had been told you could drill them out but noone could give me any more information.

Cheers Sparklebudgie, it is always good to get damaged troopers back to active service Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Fantastic, creative thinking at it's best! Now why didn't Hasbro or Palitoy think of that!

Off to make my own, I think I already have the parts!
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 10:47 am

Great can't wait to see, glad i can help inspire and bring a new lease of life to a couple of damaged figures Wink
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 10:56 am

ooo another atomic Joe ?? cannot wait to see him cheers
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:40 am

I'm in awe Damo. Two outstanding figures for any collection. I never really wanted an atomic man but and atomic Tom Stone, now you're talking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Adventurer Rebuild   Black Adventurer Rebuild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Adventurer Rebuild
Page 1 of 1