ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Empty
PostSubject: Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret   Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi Gang,
been meaning to post these pics of the Tsukuda Green Beret for a while but I had to find the original prints and scan them! Wink

Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Tsukud11

These were taken at one of the Bovington Action Man Conventions back in 1990's and at the time the Green Beret belonged to Ken Webster from Cardiff some time later it became mine! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret   Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Great pic! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret   Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Cool, never saw one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret   Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:37 pm

Not shown in the picture is he also comes with an Palitoy M79 Grenade Launcher and he has a beautiful 5th Special Forces Vietnam Era Flash & Crest printed on thin tinplate which I have kept in it's bag rather than fitting to the beret.

Cheers

Winch
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret   Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:45 pm

That'se mighty fine figure. Love the pattern on the camo's
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret   Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Yes indeed it's a real shame Alan Hall didn't reproduce this as part of the 40th Anniversary range!

There were actually 2 versions of each of the three Tsukudas a dressed figure and a carded outfit and there were a few differences between the two versions.

This Green Beret is the Carded Outfit on a Palitoy Blue Pant Eagle Eye figure.
Back to top Go down
zulu1
Painted Head
zulu1

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret   Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:43 pm

Great figure Winch, and as you say, a real shame Mr. Hall didn't do a version
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret   Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:52 pm

cracking figure winch cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret   Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 2:15 am

I actually like the carded versions of all three outfits Tsukuda did - Fallschrimjager, Green Beret, U.S. Marine as they had the webbing sets and better accessories compared to the boxed dolls. You have to wonder what else Tsukuda may have had in the pipeline before Takara cried foul and ordered them to cease and desist because they has a licence from Hasbro to make Combat Joe...

When the 40th range was still being made I'm sure I'd have stumped for a reproduction of this one but now I'm pretty happy it didn't get made because I also own an original dressed on a brown haired blue pants doll too...

Mine cost me a grand total of £79.50p on ebay back in 2008. I'm sure it was a buy it now item as well...Mines the carded version and was sold to me dressed on a doll, no original packaging included. Smile
Back to top Go down
SJ7
Painted Head
SJ7

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret   Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Great Green Beret,in that tiger stripe camo.Smile

Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Frogman_avatar_1_zps527334a6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret   Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tsukuda Action Man Green Beret
Page 1 of 1