ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

navajo code talker

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

navajo code talker Empty
PostSubject: navajo code talker   navajo code talker Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 7:35 am

My latest addition, a Navajo Code Talker.

In the South Pacific part of WWII, the Japanese were excellent code breakers. The Navajo language
wasn't exactly code, basically phonetic and a bit complicated, but there were no known written forms
existing. Starting with two, by the end of the war there were 400 active Navajo "Code Talkers." After
the war they were discharged with no fanfare, and told to keep the code a secret. In 1969, the code
talkers were first officially recognized for their efforts.

navajo code talker Navajo12
navajo code talker Navajo10
navajo code talker Navajo11

The figure is a talker, by pushing a button on his back. He says seven phrases in the Navajo language,
followed by the english translation. I had thought about getting one of these some years back, and
was able to get this one recently for $18 USD. I'm very happy with the purchase. I hope you like him.

Daryl
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

navajo code talker Empty
PostSubject: Re: navajo code talker   navajo code talker Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 8:08 am

Another great looking figure! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

navajo code talker Empty
PostSubject: Re: navajo code talker   navajo code talker Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 9:50 am

I’m really liking his head sculpt.

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

navajo code talker Empty
PostSubject: Re: navajo code talker   navajo code talker Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 1:32 pm

Is an interesting sculpt , I agree with Alex . Sounds like a steal at $18 . Interesting history too . I quite like the later released joes , I always thought that they were what MAM should of been here in England .

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

navajo code talker Empty
PostSubject: Re: navajo code talker   navajo code talker Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 5:26 am

Thank you Dal, Alexander and Chip.

I'm glad you like him. I was surprised to get him for the price I did. Especially since when he
was plentiful some years back, he went for about the same price.

I was always intrigued with what he said as a talker. And when I got him and read the back of
the box, I didn't realize that the Navajo language was never written.

It's interesting to hear the language, followed by the english translation.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

navajo code talker Empty
PostSubject: Re: navajo code talker   navajo code talker Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 12:15 pm

I see you have him as well as you had said in My Navajo Code Breaker topic Laughing That is a really great price for him and worth every cent! He is truly a special Joe figure and one of the most unique to boot. Good pics dude Very Happy

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

navajo code talker Empty
PostSubject: Re: navajo code talker   navajo code talker Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 11:43 pm

Thank you Brandon. Smile
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

navajo code talker Empty
PostSubject: Re: navajo code talker   navajo code talker Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 11:01 am

TNshooter wrote:
Thank you Brandon.  Smile

Your welcome Daryl Very Happy

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
Sponsored content

navajo code talker Empty
PostSubject: Re: navajo code talker   navajo code talker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

navajo code talker
Page 1 of 1