ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.

Go down 
+7
BAMComix
Gunner Munro
Kimono Troop Command
Professor Gangrene Fan
Porky
RealSarahdactyl
FIELD STATION 42
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 8:42 pm

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 52252149839_582bac48bb_b
MAT-49
by
Gary Menten
, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 10:28 pm

Our girl just enjoys the fact that .45 makes a bigger hole ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 4:53 pm

Unfortunately playing with the big boys, you need a tough constitution, seem to have busted her arm Sad
Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 IMG-20220731-160201-381
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 5:07 pm

I mentioned she wasn't very posable, I brutally snapped the elbow regrettably , the "covered" joints are rubbish tbh... I did some exploratory surgery to remove the shattered "bones" from the arm ( reminiscent of the lower deck of HMS victory, I had a pink gin whilst operating, in the finest traditions of the service)
I was toying with the idea of making a new jointed skeleton for the arm and cladding it with the rubber "flesh" i recovered from the arm.
Obviously far easier to just buy a body from ebay/China even to harvest some parts ..but you know I like a mechanical challenge Smile
Unless one of you has a spare arm going begging !
She still looks "badass" with one arm anyway, as Mr Negan might say.

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 IMG-20220731-160339-186

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 IMG-20220731-160315-339
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 6:15 pm

Get a new body from China...or even one from Monkey Depot. They are made in China anyway.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 6:38 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Get a new body from China...or even one from Monkey Depot.  They are made in China anyway.

Certainly all made in China for sure, pretty much all plastic stuff is !
I looked at some cheapo bodies on ebay, kind of with a view to take the arms and legs for this one, the general shape of this body is quite good and wouldnt mind keeping the torso...I wouldn't be wanting seamless limbs as they don't seem to have anything like the mobility of the old style jointed type, I'm more interested in being able to pose figs rather than have them looking authentic if scantily clad !
I expect I'll order a cheap one anyway so it's en route, at least her head will still have been a freebie ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 7:04 pm

Porky wrote:
Get a new body from China...or even one from Monkey Depot.  They are made in China anyway.

I looked at some cheapo bodies on ebay, kind of with a view to take the arms and legs for this one, the general shape of this body is quite good and wouldnt mind keeping the torso...I wouldn't be wanting seamless limbs as they don't seem to have anything like the mobility of the old style jointed type, I'm more interested in being able to pose figs rather than have them looking authentic if scantily clad !
I expect I'll order a cheap one anyway so it's en route, at least her head will still have been a freebie ! Smile

i don't agree with you about the old jointed type being more poseable that the seamless figures. Maybe some of the older ones, but the current generations of TBL seamless figures is probably much more poseable than any jointed figure.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 7:25 pm

Porky wrote:

i don't agree with you about the old jointed type being more poseable that the seamless figures.  Maybe some of the older ones, but the current generations of TBL seamless figures is probably much more poseable than any jointed figure.

I of course bow to your knowledge here, I'm simply going on what I've handled, basically this one, which aparrently is a kumik fig prob 10 yrs old ?
It's very bad as regards posability compared to Action Man for instance !
On a tangent, remember bendy toys ?  Well for now ive made a crude armature from thick copper wire which renders the arm usable as a temp measure, it's actually way better than it was, it stays where you put it now !!! Smile

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 IMG-20220731-191533
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 10:48 pm

Love your quick fix. Simple but effective! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 11:34 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Love your quick fix. Simple but effective! cheers cheers cheers

Well I don't like to be beaten by bits of plastic !!! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 4:17 am

Porky wrote:
So....what DO you like to be beaten with? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I applaud the fact that you did not get sucked into buying heaps of that very expensive clothing for the new female.

Last edited by LeStryge on Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 5:25 am

But where are the aliens?
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 9:10 am

But where are the aliens?
Patience dear...
I'm coming to that.. The squad had some very weird and supernatural Intel that something terrible this way comes....
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 9:15 am

LeStryge wrote:
Porky wrote:
So....what DO you like to be beaten with? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I applaud the fact that you did not get sucked into buying heaps of that very expensive clothing for the new female.

Nah I prefer to do the beating ! Wink
The girl was given to me wearing some 'orrible "prom" dress thing likely a Barbie product, she was soon issued with some far more suitable ratty old fatigues however...
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2022 10:29 pm

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 DSCF2763

The Warning..
Ginger and Ed were sent out to do an evaluation on some new weapons in "field conditions" and came to a clearing in the bush, there they had the weirdest experience either is ever likely to have..
I'll leave it to Ginger to explain, this is his report to the CO on their return..

"We was engaged in the extensive weapons testing as ordered, suddenly in a clear patch of bush we saw this bright white kind of haze, in a couple of seconds or so the haze formed into a huge figure or rather a face, it was an enormous cat like thing.. We was stunned to say the least. I'd heard of some legend the locals had been bangin' on about, some giant cat of the forest type of thing, but you don't take that stuff serious do you sir ?
Anyroad, more was to come, this apparition thing stared at us for a bit and then.. It talked !
It spoke in English but with a funny kind of voice I couldn't begin to describe and this is what it said...
" Beware.. They are coming, coming from the sky but coming through time, they have no hearts but one mind, you may just defeat them at great cost, they come soon.. Expect them... "
After that the apparition went back to being hazy white light, then it was gone !
I swear that this account is true and accurate, Pvt Edwards was right with me and witness the whole thing, and will confirm the same in his report.

Ed did indeed give an identical account, these statements with the CO's comments, (confirming both soldiers as reliable men with v.good character on their service records ) were passed immediately to the intelligence boys, who incidentally had been looking at some interesting reports from 2 separate RAF pilots, one in a stripped down photo recon Spit, plus the crew of a Mosquito...
Both RAF flights saw a large black square object at very high altitude, unfortunately neither could take a photo, but both accounts clearly described the same object.....

BAMComix and RealSarahdactyl like this post

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2022 1:06 am

Porky wrote:
Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 DSCF2763

The Warning..
Ginger and Ed were sent out to do an evaluation on some new weapons in "field conditions" and came to a clearing in the bush, there they had the weirdest experience either is ever likely to have..
I'll leave it to Ginger to explain, this is his report to the CO on their return..

"We was engaged in the extensive weapons testing as ordered, suddenly in a clear patch of bush we saw this bright white kind of haze, in a couple of seconds or so the haze formed into a huge figure or rather a face, it was an enormous cat like thing.. We was stunned to say the least. I'd heard of some legend the locals had been bangin' on about, some giant cat of the forest type of thing, but you don't take that stuff serious do you sir ?
Anyroad, more was to come, this apparition thing stared at us for a bit and then.. It talked !
It spoke in English but with a funny kind of voice I couldn't begin to describe and this is what it said...
" Beware.. They are coming, coming from the sky but coming through time, they have no hearts but one mind, you may just defeat them at great cost, they come soon.. Expect them... "
After that the apparition went back to being hazy white light, then it was gone !
I swear that this account is true and accurate, Pvt Edwards was right with me and witness the whole thing, and will confirm the same in his report.

Ed did indeed give an identical account, these statements with the CO's comments, (confirming both soldiers as reliable men with v.good character on their service records ) were passed immediately to the intelligence boys, who incidentally had been looking at some interesting reports from 2 separate RAF pilots, one in a stripped down photo recon Spit, plus the crew of a Mosquito...
Both RAF flights saw a large black square object at very high altitude, unfortunately neither could take a photo, but both accounts clearly described the same object.....

This is brilliant!!😁
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2022 9:51 am

Thanks Sarah 👍
We can only wait in trepidation to see what arrives....
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2022 5:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2022 5:19 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 52251960792_af7213db82_cCrew of the Raptor. by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Forgive me Dal, but there doesn't seem to be a scary alien threatening them....yet.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2022 6:19 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Crew of the Raptor. by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Forgive me Dal, but there doesn't seem to be a scary alien threatening them....yet.

Indeed, yet. I am hoping to get something done over the weekend as a follow up cheers
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2022 6:41 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 52251960792_af7213db82_cCrew of the Raptor. by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Mmm... Crossbow, my favourite Wink
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2022 6:45 pm

It seems that at Brigade level they're taking the alien threat seriously, the squad received a new Bren this morning plus large quantities of .303
Ed has bagged the Bren ( he's the best shot with it tbh) and Sid's volunteered to be no2, and help carry the bleedin' thing....

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 DSCF2938
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2022 9:53 pm

Porky wrote:
It seems that at Brigade level they're taking the alien threat seriously, the squad received a new Bren this morning plus large quantities of .303
Ed has bagged the Bren ( he's the best shot with it tbh) and Sid's volunteered to be no2, and help carry the bleedin' thing....

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 DSCF2938

Nice!
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2022 12:03 am

It Begins...
Strange lights had been seen in the forest after dark, all personnel had been told to have a firearm at all times and not to venture out of camp without at least one companion, particularly at night...
Unfortunately not every member of the squad felt the need to follow protocol...

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 IMG-20220804-235136-370
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2022 12:15 am

Uh-oh..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next