ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.

Go down 
+7
BAMComix
Gunner Munro
Kimono Troop Command
Professor Gangrene Fan
Porky
RealSarahdactyl
FIELD STATION 42
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2022 12:49 am

LeStryge wrote:
Ah yes, "Pussy Galore".
I kind of had a feeling that very name would come up in this conversation......  Rolling Eyes
Sadly that "Sexiest Man Alive"....isn't.

He lives on through his work, especially as the definitive 007.
Was also voted sexiest man of the 20thC.  That does not require being alive.

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2022 1:53 am

Porky wrote:
I'd certainly have a female or two if they were available at a reasonabe ( ie cheap! ) price.
I was kind of tempted by a very cool WW2 Russian military girl, with lots of kit and shooters, but at well over 100 quid it wasn't going to happen !

Porky, I've been transferring all my females to seamless bodies gradually. You can usually find Very Cool bodies which are jointed loose for about 30 to 40 online. I have a couple I may part with in the near future.

Pop Toys make an affordable body but the wrist and ankle pegs are super weak.

There is the upcoming WorldBox female body. Jointed but if it's anything like their male bodies it will be a tank in terms of durability.

I personally also love the Barbie Made to Move dolls, as their articulation is amazing. This is what my doll Tess uses.
Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220614
Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220613
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2022 4:16 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Indeed, ...I am still a great fan of Mr Connery.....who was/is the ONLY James Bond in MHO.
I did not mean his death meant he could not hold that particular title.
I had intended to convey that it was sad that he was no longer alive.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2022 8:23 am

LeStryge wrote:
Indeed, ...I am still a great fan of Mr Connery.....who was/is the ONLY James Bond in MHO.
I did not mean his death meant he could not hold that particular title.
I had intended to convey that it was sad that he was no longer alive.

I agree, it always seemed wrong to have a raft of others attempting to be JB.. Sean Connery is James Bond, end of ..... !
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2022 4:38 pm

Time for another attempt to get this thread back on track.

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
jcast
New Recruit
jcast

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2022 6:29 pm

I know that there are some of you (DAVE, BARRY) are not going to be able to pass up a title like this.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2022 11:06 pm

jcast wrote:
I know that there are some of you (DAVE, BARRY) are not going to be able to pass up a title like this.
Great stuff jcast!
Strange that there's really only ONE "bikini girl" but you know you're in genuine art territory anytime the shot is framed through a girl's legs!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2022 11:35 pm

And here we go right off the rails again.....

Sarah! Weren't you planning on contributing something to the "Retro aliens invasion" theme?
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 4:18 am

I am Gary, I might take a stab at it this evening. I just finished building my floor for my current project. It's kind of taking up all my spare time, as any photos between September and December (more accurately, September and late April) will be contingent on me having a finished indoor diorama.

I really want to officially start my photostory so lots of my time has been dedicated to this.

So to clarify, girl doll, being pursued by an alien.. can the aliens be microscopic, as in, dwelling in a human host? Can thr aliens be dinosaurs... that were taken from the earth and returned.

Or to they have to extra terrestrial? I've got something that can work any way I go.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 5:22 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
I am Gary, I might take a stab at it this evening. I just finished building my floor for my current project. It's kind of taking up all my spare time, as any photos between September and December (more accurately, September and late April) will be contingent on me having a finished indoor diorama.

I really want to officially start my photostory so lots of my time has been dedicated to this.

So to clarify, girl doll, being pursued by an alien.. can the aliens be microscopic, as in, dwelling in a human host? Can thr aliens be dinosaurs... that were taken from the earth and returned.

Or to they have to extra terrestrial? I've got something that can work any way I go.

Aliens by their nature are extraterrestrial. They cannot be microscopic and we need to be able to see them.  This being said, if they look like Dinosaurs, that's acceptable. For all we know, there may be some planet out there ruled by creatures resembling dinosaurs.  If they are robots, that's acceptable. If they look human, but just came freshly out of a pod (See Invasion of The Body Snatchers) that's acceptable. If they look like an old Barbie doll that's been painted silver (or green or blue) that's acceptable. If they look like Barbies covered in goo, that's acceptable. (See Alex's Entry)  If you manage to make something out of a bunch of rubber fishing lures and other odds and sods, that's acceptable. Be creative.

Gary
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 5:30 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

Aliens by their nature are extraterrestrial. They cannot be microscopic and we need to be able to see them.  This being said, if they look like Dinosaurs, that's acceptable. For all we know, there may be some planet out there ruled by creatures resembling dinosaurs.  If they are robots, that's acceptable. If they look human, but just came freshly out of a pod (See Invasion of The Body Snatchers) that's acceptable. If they look like an old Barbie doll that's been painted silver (or green or blue) that's acceptable. If they look like Barbies covered in goo, that's acceptable. (See Alex's Entry)  If you manage to make something out of a bunch of rubber fishing lures and other odds and sods, that's acceptable. Be creative.

Gary

Good to know! I was asking about microbes because I was going to do zombies. But I went as Alien as Aliens get.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 5:34 am

My contribution starting Brooke and AvP Xenomorph.

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220726

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220725

I feel the dropped handbag/purse and beauty accessories feels a bit misogynistic, but opted to include it.

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220727

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220728

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220729

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220730

BAMComix, TNshooter and Porky like this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 6:03 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
My contribution starting Brooke and AvP Xenomorph.

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220726

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220725

I feel the dropped handbag/purse and beauty accessories feels a bit misogynistic, but opted to include it.

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220727

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220728

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220729

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 20220730

Great images Sarah!  Yes, this the sort of thing I was hoping for! Spot on!
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 6:29 am

Glad I could join in Gary! Posted at MWD too.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 7:52 am

OMG Sarah now your pictures were like dead scary. They looked like that they should have belonged in a Alien movie. All scary-tastic Sarah.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 7:56 am

On track or off Gary, in terms of contributions and group participation this has been a most successful thread you have started.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 3:28 pm

LeStryge wrote:
On track or off Gary, in terms of contributions and group participation this has been a most successful thread you have started.

I'd agree that there has been good participation, some clever and imaginative images, and fair discussion, with the usual amount of sidetracking. Moreover, at least three of you have creepy alien figures I'd like to own myself; you, SKJ and Sarah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 11:54 pm

Must admit it did take quite a search, and not a little expense to acquire the blue alien.
I wouldn't mind having the other two in the series now.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2022 7:07 pm

Well the girl we were promised actually arrived, on attachment from a Soviet partisan unit, in theory to instruct the chaps in unconventional warfare..Ginger doesn't quite know what to make of her ( looks like he's a bit in love to me ! )
I have a feeling any aliens might get a bloody nose tbh...

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 IMG-20220729-185536-693
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2022 11:31 pm

Porky wrote:
Ginger doesn't quite know what to make of her ( looks like he's a bit in love to me ! )
Looks to me like he's wondering what the hell is this! lol! lol! lol!
And he's perhaps thinking of sowing some of his wild oats by the look of what's emerging from between his legs?
(Once you see it.....) 

Have to admit your shiela looks a whole lot better than mine!
Where did you score her?
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 12:43 am

LeStryge wrote:
Porky wrote:
Ginger doesn't quite know what to make of her ( looks like he's a bit in love to me ! )
Looks to me like he's wondering what the hell is this! lol! lol! lol!
And he's perhaps thinking of sowing some of his wild oats by the look of what's emerging from between his legs?
(Once you see it.....) 

Have to admit your shiela looks a whole lot better than mine!
Where did you score her?
Ah, the "angle of the dangle" now a proper photographer would've thought of that, doh...
She was a freebie, kind of loan but they won't want her back type thing, so even better than a charity shop find 👍
She's not that posable / pliable unfortunately ( tho Ginger will doubtless give it a go anyway ) Wink
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 1:48 am

Nice Bren Gun! One of my favorite WWII (and later) weapons. What happened to the magazine though?
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 9:21 am

Nice Bren Gun!  One of my favorite WWII (and later) weapons. What happened to the magazine though?

The Bren is a fix in progress, I repaired the barrel which was snapped off ( I drilled down both sections with a tiny drill and inserted a metal core )
I'll be making a mag from scratch when I get round to it !
I've got a load of Sten mags to manufacture too Smile
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 4:42 pm

Better get if fixed, then. I would not want to face those aliens without a magazine in the weapon.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 4:54 pm

Better get if fixed, then.  I would not want to face those aliens without a magazine in the weapon.
"Anya" says she finds the M3 a bit more handy in a tight corner...

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 DSCF2902
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next