ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.

Go down 
+7
BAMComix
Gunner Munro
Kimono Troop Command
Professor Gangrene Fan
Porky
RealSarahdactyl
FIELD STATION 42
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 7:29 pm

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 A30651-F0-723-D-4223-B0-AE-D1-E4-A81782-FF

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 ED715-A15-453-F-47-C2-90-D1-2-BC5-E56-F0334

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 E3-FC8974-E487-4757-B67-A-C3-FDFBAC5-CA1

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 13-C10-CC6-6-BBF-4-EED-BCE5-23-AEDD53-A96-A

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 0-E1-B7-D4-F-BE50-4212-9761-97-C02-F0-F7931

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 97567930-FD88-4267-811-F-53-B4-BF6-FB21-B

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 7:44 pm

Shocked Nice work! Finally, a genuinely scary submission to this topic!

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 8:33 pm

Great work Alex!

Her seeing the green reflection in the wall! affraid

What's the monster covered in?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 8:42 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Shocked   Nice work! Finally, a genuinely scary submission to this topic!

Thanks Very Happy but you really think so Dave, how come?

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 8:42 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Great work Alex!

Her seeing the green reflection in the wall! affraid

What's the monster covered in?

Thanks Steve. Dad used Silicone bathroom sealant to create the green growth on the body. The Silicone bathroom sealant you can buy in lots of wacky colours.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 3:31 am

Okay, so here's my attempt.
(I notice Steve beat me to it with the use of the xenomorph.)
So only for you Gary, only for you.
First I had to go out and BUY the thing, (the female I mean, not the alien), admittedly only from a charity shop but I did manage to get one with articulated elbows and knees so that was at least a plus?
Now every horror movie needs a good shower scene.....

IT CAME FROM BEYOND THE S-BEND.....

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 DP1Nwx

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 9HTi8w

No face showing because she just doesn't do expressions such as screaming.

P.S. After the shoot I tried to offer her to my 10 year old next-door-neighbour.
She looked at it disdainfully and proclaimed "I don't really play with dolls!!!"
Which is more that I could say for Yours Truly...... Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed

Great work ALEX! I knew you'd get more use out of your "SWAMP THING"!
Just noticed what sensitive eyes he has!
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 5:30 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
RealSarahdactyl wrote:
How do these poor units of yours survive in these dreadful, all-male environments?

A question I'm asking more and more.🙄😮💨

I think your universe is about the only one with anything approaching a 50/50 mix.  My own is 17 ladies, 6 men including the Vulcan, a male hologram and a robot.

This is true. I'm going to try to add mine tomorrow or the next day.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 5:39 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
RealSarahdactyl wrote:
How do these poor units of yours survive in these dreadful, all-male environments?

A question I'm asking more and more.🙄😮💨

I think your universe is about the only one with anything approaching a 50/50 mix.  My own is 17 ladies, 6 men including the Vulcan, a male hologram and a robot.

This is true. I'm going to try to add mine tomorrow or the next day.

I eagerly await your contribution.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 5:42 am

Great contribution Barry. I love that alien and wish I had one...no ten like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 6:28 am

Great contribution Barry. I love that alien and wish I had one...no ten like it.
Your are very kind Gary.
I feel it's far from my best work, but I did want to contribute to your great thread.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 6:37 am

LeStryge wrote:
Your are very kind Gary.
I feel it's far from my best work, but I did want to contribute to your great thread.

It's actually a fun and creative contribution that is very much inline with intent of the challenge. I would keep the doll and maybe acquire a bit more clothing for her for future use where you might require a female figure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 7:26 am

I would keep the doll and maybe acquire a bit more clothing for her for future use where you might require a female figure.  
Don't know about that Gary......don't want to set off any jealous rivalry amongst the troops! lol!
Her extreme stylization does make her look a bit like a "love-doll" (ahem Embarassed ) compared to the other figures.

Was surprised to find one with such superior articulation to the usual format though. Wrists, elbows, neck and knees all move, in addition to the usual just shoulder and hips.
Wonder why charity shops all seem to have an over-abundance of Barbie and Barbie knock-offs?
Very rare to find any MAMs now, and NEVER any Joes.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 8:19 am

LeStryge wrote:
Great work ALEX! I knew you'd get more use out of your "SWAMP THING"!
Just noticed what sensitive eyes he has!

Thanks Barry. Yea you were right I, I have managed to get more use out of him.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 8:23 am

I’m really liking the tile IT CAME FROM BEYOND THE S-BEND.... them whole pictures might also work in black and white Barry just a thought. That whole scene I could see in a scary movie. Now I need to order a bag of popcorn.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 8:25 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
I'm going to try to add mine tomorrow or the next day.

Looking forward to seeing yours Sarah.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 8:32 am

The Robot King wrote:
I’m really liking the tile IT CAME FROM BEYOND THE S-BEND.... them whole pictures might also work in black and white Barry just a thought. That whole scene I  could see in a scary movie. Now I need to order a bag of popcorn.

lol! lol! lol! .....Super-Sized of course!
Glad you liked it Alex. It was a bit of fun.
I think it needs a screaming soundtrack myself!
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 9:13 am

Great scenario there mr L'S 👍
That's some monster for sure!.. her "drawers on the floor by the carsey" is a nice touch.. Smile
I thought about a barbie, I had one in the garage that used to be tied to the front of my truck ( real one that is) but I think she got binned, she was pretty filthy ....
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Martians attack in force   Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 5:15 pm

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 52240789234_1c5b9beeac_b
Armada
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

The Martian invaders mount an air raid against Bikini Babe HQ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 11:46 pm

Porky wrote:
Great scenario there mr L'S 👍
That's some monster for sure!.. her "drawers on the floor by the carsey" is a nice touch.. Smile
I thought about a barbie, I had one in the garage that used to be tied to the front of my truck ( real one that is) but I think she got binned, she was pretty filthy ....
THANKS Porky!
As mentioned, charity shops seem full of Barbies, but I'm not sure they mix all that well with MAM or vintage Joes.
Just not going to get into the expense involved in the purchase and all the clothing of any females myself.
There are other items I'd really rather spend the money on.

The Martian invaders mount an air raid against Bikini Babe HQ
Fun photo Gary! alien alien alien
I have a few Marvins myself. Great character!
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2022 8:20 am

I tend to the same view tbh, Barbie is very toy like and all the decent looking birds are very expensive !!! Smile
I did have a tentative ask around to see if I could borrow a girl for photo purposes, but no joy as yet..
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2022 2:21 pm

I would argue that it's always worthwhile keeping a female figure or two in your collection, just for those instances where they might come in handy. Also, the late, great MiskatonicNick had loads of fashion-doll females in his collection, and had no difficulty working them in with his other figures.

Porky likes this post

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2022 6:48 pm

I'd certainly have a female or two if they were available at a reasonabe ( ie cheap! ) price.
I was kind of tempted by a very cool WW2 Russian military girl, with lots of kit and shooters, but at well over 100 quid it wasn't going to happen !

RealSarahdactyl likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2022 7:23 pm

Porky wrote:
I'd certainly have a female or two if they were available at a reasonabe ( ie cheap! ) price.
I was kind of tempted by a very cool WW2 Russian military girl, with lots of kit and shooters, but at well over 100 quid it wasn't going to happen !

You can buy them parted out on Monkey Depot, and only get the parts you want, a bit at the time.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2022 11:02 pm

I'll certainly check out monkey depot Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2022 11:21 pm

Ah yes, "Pussy Galore".
I kind of had a feeling that very name would come up in this conversation...... Rolling Eyes
Sadly that "Sexiest Man Alive"....isn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next