ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! )

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! ) Empty
PostSubject: Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! )   Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! ) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 7:04 pm

Today's date?

16 Sept

Forum Name?

Porky

Real name?

Dr. Petros Porkenstein the Third

Location?

Brittania

Do you still own your favourite figure from when you were a kid?

no

Are you still in contact with childhood Vam/mam or 1/6 buddies?

Unfortunately not, I don't know anyone from my childhood now  Crying or Very sad

Do you recall what was your first Vam/mam or 1/6 vehicle?

it was one of the early blow moulded open top armoured cars

Best vehicle in your motorpool now?

a very battered Jeep ( it's the only driveable vehicle  Smile   )

Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! ) DSCF3009-2

Best figure in your collection (vam/mam or 1/6)?

So hard to say, Ginger was the first of this "adult era's" AMs.. but Ed is also crucial.. Sid is a great character and a proper "geezer"... and  Miss V. is just very cool.. a long way of saying "don't know! "

Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! ) DSCF2798
Ed and Ginger ( mocking Ed's new battledress)

Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! ) DSCF2938
Ed and Sid with the Bren

Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! ) DSCF2902
Miss V. when she first joined

Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! ) DSCF3134-2
Capt. O'Connor at a briefing..
Mr. O'Connor is a "new boy" only recently assigned to us...

Best kitbash figure?

Miss V. as she's had arm and leg transplants ( but she's fine now )
Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! ) DSCF3067

Did you ever get your most desired action figure item, either as a kid or as an adult collector?

not that I can think of

Are there any items you regret adding to your collection?

anything I find useless or the unwanted crap that comes in job lots gets ebayed !

Has your collection grown since you came back to the hobby?

of course

How many figures make up your HQ?

5 complete functional people, and at least 5 carcasses in bits needing surgery / assembly.. then there's various Borgs and Cybermen etc, but they're enemies so not HQ staff

What does your spouse/partner/significant other or family think of your collection/hobby?

nothing really

Why do you think adult collectors have a connection to vam/mam or 1/6 figures?

I guess they have more dosh than when they were kids on pocket money

What do you enjoy about the action figure hobby?

it's a fun way to tell "stories"

What is your favourite kitbash (custom figure) by another forum member or online collector?

There's a guy who did painted head versions of EE heads, plus some Star trek bashes from VAMs, plus other stuff, very clever bloke indeed but can't recall his name

Have your collecting interests changed since you first started collecting?

I guess you gravitate to particular genres or areas of interest once you get going

Do you have a favourite section of the AMMO forum?

Things like the Alien Challenge and the like are good fun

Why do you like AMMO?

It's fairly friendly with interesting content

Are you active on any other online hobby forums you'd care to mention?

I joined the AM HQ forum but there's virtually no posting on there unfortunately, I occasionally look in to Britmodeller, some very skilled work done there.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! )   Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! ) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 9:45 pm

Porky wrote:

Why do you think adult collectors have a connection to vam/mam or 1/6 figures?

I guess they have more dosh than when they were kids on pocket money

cheers Yes! I agree completely. The real reason adult collectors... well, the real reason that I, personally, am interested in "toy army men" is that I never grew out of my childhood interest, and now I have the means to do it, if not "right" (compared to others with seemingly unlimited budgets), at least a lot better than I could when I was a kid. I'm retroactively spoiling my inner child!

Good glimpse behind the curtain of mystery, Dr. P. P. III!

Porky likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! )   Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 7:11 am

Great interview Porky! and great to see one pop up, not many folks are interested in doing them anymore bounce . I think they guy you are thinking of about painted heads ee's is brownboots. Really great to learn more about you too! cheers cheers

Porky likes this post

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! )   Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 8:25 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Great interview Porky! and great to see one pop up, not many folks are interested in doing them anymore bounce . I think they guy you are thinking of about painted heads ee's is brownboots. Really great to learn more about you too! cheers cheers

Brownboots was the chap!.. forum pic VAM with Rickenbacker guitar.. Thanks for the reminder, it was bugging me not being able to remember their name ! cheers
Be interesting if some more folks did these interviews.. tho tbh I wasn't even aware of them 'til I was asked, maybe as the topic will come up as 'recent posts' it might give others a nudge !

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! )   Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 8:37 am

Porky wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:

Brownboots was the chap!.. forum pic VAM with Rickenbacker guitar.. Thanks for the reminder, it was bugging me not being able to remember their name ! cheers
Be interesting if some more folks did these interviews.. tho tbh I wasn't even aware of them 'til I was asked, maybe as the topic will come up as 'recent posts' it might give others a nudge !

Yeah, we can only hope, be cool to read some new ones, although there are some great older ones too to read.
Brownboots is indeed a talented chap. He is on a break from the hobby and admin duties here at ammo for the moment, but there are lots of his posts knocking about on ammo for you to enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! )   Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Porky by Popular Demand..( well OK, one request ! )
Page 1 of 1