ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1

Go down 
+5
ghost recon
Captian action
somekindajoe
BAMComix
TheOneManKid
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1   Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 5:41 pm

I got this poor chap in the post yesterday, almost made me want to cry... Sad 

He's obviously seen some serious action and is looking in a very sorry state indeed. He's had most of his limbs blown off and fingers severed and then abused with black and red paint, maybe he has been a torture victim as well!

Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Sutton42

Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Sutton45

So I've taken on the task of bringing this poor wounded soldier back from the brink... Cool

Let's clean him up and see what we've got... Very Happy 

First job was to strip him down as the elastic was completely shot anyhow
Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Sutton46

Then it was bath time and lots of scrubby scrub scrub with the marigolds, scourer and soap
Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Sutton47

I dried him off and laid out the parts to see how he looked
Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Sutton43

Next I had a rummage for spare parts, got it all apart from a right lower leg (he'll get some grippers later)
Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Sutton44

So, I think he's cleaned up pretty well so far, don't you? A very satisfying few hours spent on a Sunday evening. Part two of this little project will be to get him re-strung back together...just choosing some suitable elastic and experimenting with different methods. Hang on for the next instalment of the Story of the Wounded Soldier... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1   Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 5:45 pm

you have done a wonderful job so far Ralph ! I look forward to the next installment  cheers 
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1   Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Yep..He's cleaned up a treat!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1   Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:37 pm

great job ralph,you now rank as Action man surgeon General  lol! 

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenStory of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1   Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:38 pm

1st class mate , Nothing quite like putting them back together. It's a great feeling to get in a battered one & convert him into eye candy once more. Great work.

SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1   Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:36 pm

Fantastic work Ralph, looking forward to seeing him all fixed up. Very Happy 

clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1   Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:38 pm

Ouch!

We've all come across this type of thing at some point, and what a sorry sight of a toy hero!  Sad 
It's nice to see another victim of 1970's/80's child? hooliganism/vandalism being restored back to former glory  cheers 
Keep up the good work!  Very Happy

Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1   Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Nice job mate I love cleaning the old boys up and getting them back on parade well done be good to see the finished job  cheers 
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1   Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Fantastic story!  cheers 
I got a feeling he's going to be back in action and better than
ever soon!  cheers 

PostSubject: Re: Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1   Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story of the Wounded Soldier Part 1
Page 1 of 1