Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Assembled

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)

PostSubject: Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Assembled   Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:50 am

Following of from my Green Beret update of a while back, here is the current state of play with my Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Since my initial kitbashes I've made a few tweaks to a few of the guys.

The classic Action Man A&SH set and my first ever Argyll kitbash, a sergeant in tropical parade uniform...

Since the original 'bash I've replaced the tan belt with a white one and added the red sash...

Next, two uniforms inspired by this photo taken in Catterick, 1978...

For the guy in the Glengarry, I've since replaced the OD combat pants with the tartan trews the guy in the photo is wearing. These were one of two amazingly tailored, custom made pairs made for me by our very own Lui66...

The alternative A&SH Tam O'Shanter is a custom made beret...

From L to R, Gibraltar 1971, Aden 1967 and Germany 1969...

Since the original 'bashes I've added webbing from the Royal Engineers set to the Aden uniform and replaced the Dragon webbing on the Germany uniform with webbing from the late issue Royal Marine Combat set to give the figure a more Palitoy look...

From L to R, an officer, a sergeant in parade dress and another officer inspired by a photo of Lt Col "Mad Mitch" Mitchell...

Yet again, another fantastic pair of tartan trews by Lui66. I've also added the red ceremonial sash to this figure since the original 'bash...

L to R, Queens Guard at the Tower of London 1979, squaddy in field jacket and Belfast 1973...

The troops assembled...

As and when I can assemble the appropriate pieces, I have one final Argyll 'bash planned and that is a regimental piper. Until then this is the current state of play with my regiment, with the exception of one variation (some might say aberration!) on the Argyll theme...

Inspired by this photo from the film The Last King of Scotland...

My kitbash of notorious Ugandan dictator, General Idi Amin Dada...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Assembled   Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:10 pm

Fantastic bashes , love the fact you have a several different periods and looks ,
truly inspirational , thanks for sharing

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Assembled   Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:14 pm

very smart indeed!, they all look terrific cheers

Painted Head

PostSubject: Re: Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Assembled   Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Thats a lot of men in kilts Shocked

I found it very difficult to put on the sporran with my highlander, the belt was too short.

Am I doing it wrong or did I just get a small belt with mine Question

Check out my web site.
http://thegarygallery.weebly.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegarygallery.weebly.com/
TALLY HO
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Assembled   Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:44 pm

absolutely love these bashes , just need one with a set of bagpipes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thierry
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Assembled   Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:54 pm

terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrific Bash....Waouw!!!!!! king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Assembled   Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:23 am

Great bashes! cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Assembled   

Back to top Go down

Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Assembled
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1