ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dreadnought's Collection

Go down 
+10
inntruderr61
BAMComix
Rogue-Trooper
Dreadnought
gibri
somekindajoe
Professor Gangrene Fan
Beatlefan
Gunner Munro
blackbrazen
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 2:04 am

ALWAYS great to see damaged or sadly neglected figures rescued and returned to their former glory! Or even better in your examples!
Wonderful work!
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 4:07 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:

Do you do the flocking yourself?

Thanks guys for your kind comments. Very Happy

Yes SCU_HQ, I do my own flocking.
Not nearly as good as some chaps on here but passable.

The worn faced storm-trooper was one of the first I ever did, with a puffer bottle and 30 minute epoxy.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20180508-122430
Came out pretty well for such basic kit, so I left him as is. That pock marked face gives him character I think.

I use a hand held electrostatic flocker now.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
blackbrazen
Eagle Eyes
blackbrazen

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 1:48 pm

Glad you left him with his pock marked face...I always think they look best when we can see evidence of the past adventures they've had!
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Great to see these guys Kev

I'm loving your flocking work .. I'm going to have to take the jump and have a go at this myself.. I have far too many bald patches seeking attention ..and thats just my own lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 2:34 pm

Where did you get the flock ?? I know that the so called standard colours must exist because the online flickers use them, but I've never been able to source them.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 10:11 pm

Hi guys. Thanks for your feedback.

Chris, I buy mine from RestoreDoll.com. U.S. site but reasonable shipping prices and all the main shades.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 10:27 pm

Whilst we're in flocking mode, here's a little job I did last weekend.

Any of you who have the Chads (Gunner!! Very Happy ) will have this clean cut 'take him home to mamma' chappie..

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190703-201624

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Before

Never was a big fan of this one myself, a bit overly boyish.
So.. instead of beheading my last one of this head-sculpt, affraid
I decided to make a man out of him.tongue Very Happy

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190703-162233

Not usually a one for flocking the brows but he still looked a bit wimpy so what the heck.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190703-162201

He's certainly different ??  Very Happy  Very Happy

Stuck some Geyperman Aventurero kit on him for a trial.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190703-160428

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190703-160521

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190703-160433

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190703-160525

I think he's like Juan Carlos' uglier brother.  Very Happy  Very Happy

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190521-123547

Kev.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 10:43 pm

Great work Kev! the flock really has changed his appearance for the better! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm

Shocked  What a dramatic transformation! Wimpy to mucho macho manly, indeed! Looks like a totally different figure... and 20 years older than he did!

The fisherman's sweater and tuck-in-to-boots trousers look is perfect for this guy! He looks like what I imagine a Scandinavian guerrilla fighter would have looked like during the war.

And coincidentally, I was wondering earlier today if anyone ever flocked the eyebrows, and how that would look. For this guy, it definitely worked!

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 3:31 am

Dreadnought wrote:
Any of you who have the Chads (Gunner!! Very Happy ) will have this clean cut 'take him home to mamma' chappie..
I certainly agree that his original appearance was but a very small step from Ken, but eyebrows like those would require an environmental impact study on the destruction of natural habitat should he ever consider having them clipped!
Certainly aged him though!
Liking that red polo-neck, specially with the bandoliers!

Last edited by LeStryge on Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 5:36 am

My barber usually trims my eyebrows...just sayin' Wink

But what a transformation, from the lad next door to a villain from a Gerry Anderson show!

By the way, I do love the flocked brows and have had several of the eyebrows flocked on my heads. They really look great on this guy and i was just kidding about the trim. Very Happy They definitely make this guy!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 9:10 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thanks guys !!

I was going to trim the brows down slightly after flocking dried.
What's the consensus? Snip 'em or leave as is ?

Kev.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 10:39 pm

I think it comes down to personal preference Kev cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 11:08 pm

Well it's only my personal opinion of course, but I kinda think a judicious trim might look better.
At present he seems to have two very large wooly caterpillars crawling across his forehead.
However, the overall effect does look a lot better than he did before your work.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi guys how's all? Been quite a few weeks since my last post on my thread. Been in hospital for spinal surgery. Went well thank goodness !!! Nearly back to full power. Very Happy

The enforced time off work left me some unexpected time for all things Action Man. cheers cheers

Sold off some old but desirable Liverpool shirts I no longer bothered with.

With the money I finally capitulated and got the lads a Cherilea German Motorcycle and Sidecar to play with.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190924-160703

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190924-160715

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190924-160738

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190924-195104

Very tidy example for 14 pounds with all important seat cover and panniers.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190924-195044

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190924-195049

Also included was this very nice condition Helicopter pilot's overall, displayed on this figure himself a new buy too.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190924-194942

Just needs a stitch or two really.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190924-194743

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190924-194752

Figure itself was £10 Buy It Now.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190924-193930

He's been a dart board and has a chunk missing from the tip of his nose.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190924-193752

All fixable and other than that, he's a great figure with no stress cracks, clean rivets and excellent original elastic.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190924-193947

Also bought a couple of pairs of French Resistance / Sabotage jeans too for a great price.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 20190924-193757

I've a few fixer upper vintage black sweaters on the way. Sabotage crew in the offing ?

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 9:38 pm

It’s fabulous to see you back posting once again Dreadnought Very Happy. That’s wonderful news to hear that the spinal surgery went well Wink.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 10:15 pm

Great you back Kev! and also fantastic that your op went well cheers . Loving the cherilea bike and figure! looking forward too seeing more of them soon! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 10:36 pm

Best wishes for a very speedy recovery from your surgery Dreadnought! cheers
Great to see that your interests have picked up again too.
Amazing after all the dart-damage that your figure's internal structure seems to be OK and I'm sure you'll have him back to health in no time!
Looking forward to hearing of both your progress!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 3:18 am

Great thread! cheers cheers cheers

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 5:34 am

Glad to hear your surgery went well and I hope you have a fast recovery.

I'm facing back surgery myself (Spinal Stenosis) but they don't seem in any hurry to do it.

Also glad to hear you're still enjoying the hobby.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 6:21 am

gibri wrote:
I'm facing back surgery myself (Spinal Stenosis) but they don't seem in any hurry to do it.  
Do try to get the surgery done before you develop a forward stoop in your posture that will be difficult to correct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 6:29 am

Dreadnought wrote:
Also bought a couple of pairs of French Resistance / Sabotage jeans too for a great price.
Why is everything in 1/6 scale so damned expensive?
Example: I want a pith helmet for one of my men.
It's a small thumb-nail sized piece of cheap moulded plastic! Not even hand sewn or anything requiring fiddly work.
So why can I have a full sized genuine hand made one that would fit me paid for and shipped here to Australia for less than a THIRD of the price of the tiny 1/6 scale one? Question Question Question
Just doesn't make sense!
I'm really "pithed" off!

Last edited by LeStryge on Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 6:54 pm

gibri wrote:
Glad to hear your surgery went well and I hope you have a fast recovery.

Also glad to hear you're still enjoying the hobby.

cheers cheers cheers  

Thanks for your kind comments chaps. Very Happy Yes seem to be well on the mend thankfully.

Hope that goes very well for you Gibri. Spinal stenosis could get very tricky if not treated.

I had tethered spinal cord surgery Shocked

They recommended it but didn't push me as it was major and bloody risky in and of itself.
If I'd left it, there was a risk it may have paralyzed me somehow in the future.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 6:59 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:
Why is everything in 1/6 scale so damned expensive?
Example: I want a pith helmet for one of my men.
It's a small thumb-nail sized piece of cheap moulded plastic! Not even hand sewn or anything requiring fiddly work.
So why can I have a full sized genuine hand made one that would fit me paid for and shipped here to Australia for less than a THIRD of the price of the tiny 1/6 scale one? Question Question Question
Just doesn't make sense!

Very well put Le Stryge. It's a basket case on Ebay right now isn't it? You like me and any other international buyer have probably seen the mad prices quoted by GB Ebay's scurrilous Global Shipping Programme.

A BLACK PLASTIC ACTION MAN BERET POSTAGE TO IRELAND - RIGHT BLOODY NEXT DOOR - £ 11. Shocked Shocked

jEEZ YOU COULD NEARLY THROW THE BLOOMIN THING OVER IT'S THAT CLOSE.

Kev.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 10:44 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
It's a basket case on Ebay right now isn't it? You like me and any other international buyer have probably seen the mad prices quoted by GB Ebay's  scurrilous Global Shipping Programme.
Oh don't get me started on THAT exorbitant scam! That unscrupulous firm must be absolutely raking money in hand over fist. Little more than bare-faced robbery!
Has put an end to all my buying from the USA I can tell you....and I used to be a GREAT customer!
Thankfully Cotswolds doesn't use it.
China/Hong Kong have free shipping more often than not, or certainly much reduced when compared to that G.S. Programme..
End result?
China gets even richer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreadnought's Collection
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next