ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News Empty
PostSubject: An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News   An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 11:00 pm

An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News 0630191226

Shepard: Hey Colonel, new body holding up?

MacBeth: BOLLOCKS!

An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News 0630191227

Shepard: Pardon, Sir?

MacBeth: No, not you.

An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News 0630191228

Shepard: Then what?

MacBeth: Just got this from AM Command. They discovered our HQ was the source of the commsat knockout, and they're not pleased.

An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News 0630191230

MacBeth: So they're sending someone to investigate our HQ, and our personnel. Aaaarrrrggghhh!

An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News 0630191231

MacBeth: It's one thing after another! I just learned how to walk again.

An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News 0630191232

MacBeth: Wanna get a drink?

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News   An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 2:28 am

Cool stuff AY! cheers

Now more! Very Happy

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News   An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 5:20 am

I loooove the way Shep is standing so rigidly at attention throughout MacBeth's tirade! Patient and respectful fellow, he knows when to keep quiet.

Yes, time for a drink. Drinking fixes... well, most things, anyway.

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News   An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 6:09 pm

ActionYankee wrote:

MacBeth: So they're sending someone to investigate our HQ, and our personnel. Aaaarrrrggghhh!

affraid McBeth doesn't want internal affairs snooping around....who knows what they'll uncover!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News   An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 10:50 pm

somekindajoe wrote:

affraid McBeth doesn't want internal affairs snooping around....who knows what they'll uncover!

Pffft. Like you boys can talk. Suspect

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News   An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 7:52 am

uh oh, time to baton down the hatches!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: It's the SKIRT!!!!   An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 11:22 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
I loooove the way Shep is standing so rigidly at attention throughout MacBeth's tirade! Patient and respectful fellow, he knows when to keep quiet.
Yes he knows when to keep quiet and in the case in point I think it's probably the best thing to do.
You see I know why he's standing so rigidly at attention and it pains even me to have to tell you why.
(SORRY ActionYankee!)

Shep is trying very hard to keep a straight face as he decides whether he should alert MacBeth or not to the fact that when MacBeth got dressed this morning he appears to have accidently put on his wife's skirt, instead of his kilt!

As any Scotsmen will readily confirm, MEN'S KILTS always go round the OTHER way with the fringe ending up on the wearer's right hand side. Women's SKIRTS go the other way! So MacBeth is wearing ......(Shock! Horror!) a LADY'S DRESS!!!  affraid  affraid  affraid  

Kilts always go like THIS:
An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News ReZodI
Unless MacBeth is some sort of a transvestite,  affraid  .....well I think perhaps it's best we just go with him getting dressed in the dark eh? Surely that could happen? lol! lol! lol!
I think it will take a lot of beers being bought to stop this story doing the rounds of the barracks!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News   An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 3:10 am

[quote="LeStryge"]
SCU_HQ wrote:

As any Scotsmen will readily confirm, MEN'S KILTS always go round the OTHER way with the fringe ending up on the wearer's right hand side. Women's SKIRTS go the other way! So MacBeth is wearing ......(Shock! Horror!) a LADY'S DRESS!!!

Shocked Well... that's an extremely important bit of information to bear in mind. Not that I expect to be donning a kilt anytime soon, but ya never know!

Is there, like, a memory mnemonic to help remember this important fact, I wonder?

Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News   An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 3:28 am

I was told the pleats go in the rear.

Or do you mean where it overlaps the bottom layer?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News   An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 4:04 am

Yes indeed, the pleats DO go to the rear, but it IS where the outer edge overlaps the bottom layer.
The whole length of the kilt winds around the waist in the opposite direction to what MacBeth is wearing. The outer open edge from waist to hem has to be over on HIS RIGHT hand side , ....not his left as it currently sits in your photo.
It's a bit like the male shirt front, and trousers too. You know, always left side over right.

SO sorry to have to bring attention to this, ( I promise you I did think about it for a while.... will I, won't I  scratch  ) but then I knew you'd want to go with authenticity.
Just wind his kilt in the opposite direction and you'll have it right.  cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News   An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 7:12 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Shocked Well... that's an extremely important bit of information to bear in mind. Not that I expect to be donning a kilt anytime soon, but ya never know!
Is there, like, a memory mnemonic to help remember this important fact, I wonder?

Confession: I do don a kilt myself every now and then...family reasons and for Highland Gatherings.
It does take quite a while to put the whole rig on.

It's nearly impossible to put an actual kilt on back-to-front because they just won't work that way. The confusion comes about when thrifty non-Scots blokes go into charity shops and buy tartan women's skirts so as to be able to compete in Highland Games, where the wearing of the kilt is deemed compulsory for competitors. (Real kilts do tend to be quite expensive!)
Women's skirts wind round the body in the opposite direction, which they fail to notice thinking it's a kilt, but any Scot will notice it immediately.
Technically speaking, once upon a time women were not allowed to wear a proper kilt, but this rule seems to have been dropped due to PC. We now have female Lairds!

Anyway, with a kilt, like all men's wear the rule is simply "left over right", just like a man's shirt front. It can be secured with a special pin, but a weighty sporran will serve the wearer well in avoiding very embarrassing exposures that can occur to the unaware when sitting down in public! Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News   An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Old Face Returns - 22.5 - Bad News
Page 1 of 1